Status: completed.

If You Only Had a Heart

0 7

What the heck was he doing in Phoenix? I couldn’t let him see John…or me for that matter. I quickly got up from my seat and walked hurriedly towards John in the kiddie’s area.

“John” I called softly.

John

“John” a soft feminine voice called from behind me.

I looked around in my seat, to see a little boy running towards his mother, it’s just a coincidence that there is a women who looks similar to Chris…and also has a son called John… by god it is her! I briskly got up from the chair I had occupied and sped off towards the mother and her son who were just leaving.

“Excuse me!” I called out.

The short petite brunette turned around, ravelling that it was in fact Christina, she was still beautiful as she was five years ago, she hadn’t changed much, just gotten older. I looked down at the small boy who was my son, holding on to her hand, he really did look like me.

“Mommy…whose dat?” the small boy asked whilst tugging at his mothers arm.

I watched Chris’ facial expression, she didn’t know what to say, her skin paled slightly. I walked towards them both slowly. I didn’t know if this was a bad idea or not, but my heart encouraged me to do so.

“Chris?” I said softly.

“John.” she muttered bluntly.

“Mommy! He has da same name as me!” The small boy yelled in excitement.

I knelt down in front of him, smiling at my son.

“Is that so? It’s the best name in the world” I winked at him.

“Yes!” he laughed.

Chris cleared her throat, so I stood up and looked at her.

“You made it clear you wanted nothing to do with John, It may have been five years ago, but that doesn’t change anything. You walked out on us John, what hope you had then of being a father has disappeared now, you had you’re chance and you blew it, so don’t start acting like you want to have a part in John’s life” she spoke venomously.

Her words hit me like a tonne of bricks, though they were the truth. I did regret saying that, for these past five years all I though about was them, my family.

“I take that back, Chris. I didn’t mean any of those things that I said, I was a jerk back then but I’ve grown up since then! I have a right to be in his life Christina!” I retorted.

I looked down at John, he looked frightened. We shouldn’t be acting like this in front of him, it will do no good.

“Baby, we’re going home now, okay? Don’t be scared” Chris smiled down at her son, before looking back at me with pure hatred in her eyes.

“Chris Plea-” I started before a high squeaky voice interrupted me.

“John, baby there you are!”

I looked over my shoulder to see Luna walking towards me, in her five inch high heels along with a ‘skirt’ that was way to short.

I looked back at Chris for a second, to only see her shake her head and walk off, holding John in her arms, he was looking over her shoulder, waving at me.

My heart broke, for the second time in five years, I waved back.
♠ ♠ ♠
update, sorry it's short. Thanks for commenting;
Alexander Gaskarth;
youleftme
the right girl
&
whilethefirewasout
I really appreciate it, i hope you like the chapter.
If you have any ideas in what to happen later in the story, message me or leave it in the comments!
Don't be a silent reader, i want to hear you're thoughts.
Comment&Subscribe <3
Thankyou
xoxox