Status: On temporary hiatus... sorry

Heartbreak & Lies

Prologue

Hello

My name was Emma Linn Hockings and I was born on January 5th, 1991 in Ireland.
I had an older brother, Jonathan Hockings, who was 16 years older than me.
He was the one who raised me since my parents died when I was just a baby.
Or so I was told.
Apparently there was this horrible car crash they didn’t survive.
Jonathan told me that I wasn’t in the car and that he was so devastated that he didn’t keep any mementos of them. He refused to talk about them.
It made me sad that I didn’t have the slightest clue how they looked like. I didn’t even know their names.

Apart from the death of my parents, my life was wonderful.
I was doing very well at school and got mostly straight A’s.
My friends were totally amazing and we had a lot of fun together.

In my free time I loved hanging out with my friends, dancing and singing.
To keep in shape I visited the local gym twice a week. Mostly it was for aerobic classes but I did try out boxercise a few times.
Fortunately I didn’t have to try so hard since I was naturally thin, yet curvy.

People kept telling me that I have the perfect looks, but I didn’t agree.
My hair was long, black and wavy. I had big blue eyes, a cute little button nose and full, plump, cherry-red lips with a slight natural pout to them.
I was pretty short, standing only 5’3.

As a person I was very friendly and believed in second chances. I tried to treat everyone equally and I believed in being diplomatic. Everyone often told me how sweet and innocent I was.
In other words; I was very different from my brother. Both in looks and personality.

In the middle of October of 2005 my brother announced that we were moving to Italy at the beginning of November, which was 2 weeks away. He decided that his business would be more successful over there.
Now you might wonder what kind of business he runs… Well, it is the illegal kind.
I didn’t support his doings but he is the adult. As long as he kept me out of it I tried to deal with it. He was my brother after all.

I didn’t know how I would manage in a new country with a language I couldn’t speak.
If only I had known that what I would discover in that little Italian town would tear my whole world apart.

I was Emma and this is my story.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love this story, I truly do. This story is my baby.

The prologue is posted for you guys, but I will not continue unless you tell me that you want to read it.

[ edit ] I was asked if this is a vampire/werewolf story and it is NOT. No supernatural/paranormal things in this story. It is a drama/romance story with a tiny bit violence in it. If you have anymore questions; MESSAGE me.

I know that the prologue is kind of vague, so don't be afraid to ask questions. [ / edit ]

It's all up to you now, dear readers. The fate of this story lies in YOUR hands.

That's all for me this time.