Status: On temporary hiatus... sorry

Heartbreak & Lies

Chapter Ten - Argument

I woke up in my bed with my head pounding. If this was how hangovers felt like, I would never ever drink again.
Slowly I crawled out of bed and walked to the kitchen, holding my head.

“Hangover?” Jonathan smirked.

“Hush, be quiet” I groaned quietly while getting myself some painkillers and a glass of water.
“I will never touch something alcoholic again” I whispered while walking up to him.

“Poor, little baby” Jonathan whispered and pulled me down on his lap.

I cuddled up to him and closed my eyes, hoping that I would feel better soon.

Sometime later I woke up in my bed again, feeling much better. Jonathan wasn’t home so I decided to take a shower, get dressed and then explore more of San Luca.

I walked around the streets, loving this town.
My thoughts kept wandering back to what Antonio had said. Was he really talking about me?

Soon I was lost and didn’t know which way to go so I just kept walking, trying to find something that was familiar.
I was getting quite frustrated when I noticed Gino’s a little bit ahead.
That was the restaurant where I talked to Dante for the first time.

Feeling hungry, I stepped inside and noticed right away how cozy it was.
I sat down at a table, waiting for a waitress.

“Posso prendere il vostro ordine?” a young waitress asked.

“I’m very sorry, I do not speak Italian” I mumbled, feeling embarrassed.
“I will have pasta Bolognese and a glass of milk” I continued timidly, since I had fallen in love with it.

The waitress left and I took the chance to look around. I spotted one of the brothers sitting at a table, talking to an older man that seemed to be working here.

At another table was a happy family. The little boy, that seemed to be around 4, was adorable and I smiled. The boy was blowing bubbles in his milk glass.

I finally got my food and started eating it slowly, enjoying the taste. This was the best food I ever tasted. I closed my eyes and almost moaned.

“I see that you enjoy the food here” a voice chuckled and my eyes shot open, landing on the brother.
“May I sit here and keep you company?”

I blushed and nodded.
He sat down, looking at me with a smile on his face.

“I’m Matteo Salmonelli” he introduced himself and put out his hand.

“Emma Hockings” I answered and shook his hand.

“So, you’re not from around here” he stated.
“What are you doing in Italy?” he asked looking at me strangely.

“I just moved here with my brother” I nearly whispered.

Why is he looking at me like he knows something about me? I decided to study him.
He seemed to be around 25 years old, 6’ tall, muscular with black hair and blue eyes. Those blue eyes were very familiar.

“Are you liking Italy this far?” he questioned and I was brought out of my thoughts.

“Um, well… I do like San Luca” I smiled shyly.
“It’s a really lovely place.”

“I’m glad you like it. Maybe I could show you more of San Luca someday” he smiled back at me.
“Just call me anytime” he finished and gave me his number.

He gave me another smile and left.
I finished my meal, paid and decided to go home.

When I got to our house and opened the front door quietly, I heard yelling from the kitchen. I quickly tiptoed to my room and hid behind the door, wanting to eavesdrop.

“She was supposed to bleach her fucking hair before you came!” someone I suspected to be Antonio roared.
“And now you’re telling me that she still haven’t done it?! What the hell is wrong with you?! The Salmonelli’s have noticed her and you know what the fuck that means!”

“Listen, it can still be fixed” Jonathan grumbled while he walked out of the kitchen with Antonio following him.
“Just give me a little time.”

“Time? You want time?!” Antonio seethed.
“We don’t have any fucking time!” he roared and punched Jonathan in the face.
“You. Fucked. Up. And. Have. To. Pay!” he growled while kicking Jonathan, who was lying on the floor.

“You better say your last prayers because G isn’t forgiving” Antonio spat and walked out, slamming the door shut.

I curled up into a ball while tears ran down my face. What the hell is going on?
♠ ♠ ♠
Yahuh, another chapter! Say 'thank you'. ;)

I would love comments!

Thank you for reading.