Status: On temporary hiatus... sorry

Heartbreak & Lies

Chapter Thirteen - First Kiss

When I woke up, my alarm clock informed me that it was already 3 pm.
I felt utterly horrible and the memories of last night almost made me cry again.
This was so not like Jonathan.

I opened my door, checked that the coast was clear and then quietly walked to the kitchen.
Realizing that I wasn’t that hungry, I just made a few pieces of toast.
I was buttering them when I felt arms around me and someone kissing the top of my head; Jonathan.

“I’m really sorry, sweetheart. I didn’t mean any of it. I love you, you know that” he mumbled against my hair.
“It will never happen again, I promise” he continued and hugged me tighter.

“It’s fine” I whispered, even though it wasn’t. He had made me scared of him.

“Alessandra called earlier. She wants to take you out again” Jonathan chuckled, unaware how uncomfortable I felt around him today.

“Sounds like fun. I’d love to go” I mumbled.
“Did she say when she would come by?”

“She’ll be here around 9” Jonathan smiled and ruffled my hair.

I nodded and went to my room. For a few of hours I surfed on the internet, e-mailed my friends and read some stories online.
When it was around 6, I decided to eat something and then started getting ready.

“Emma! Alessandra is here” Jonathan yelled.

I came out of my room, nervous about what Alessandra would say.

“Wow! You look amazing” Alessandra gasped and circled around me.
“No guy will be able to keep their eyes off of you” she squealed.

I blushed and said my goodbyes to Jonathan, happy to be away from him.

When we entered the club, I felt slightly uncomfortable with all these guys staring at me. Maybe I shouldn’t have put so much effort on my looks.

We sat at the same table as last time and I was re-introduced to Luigi, Alessandra’s husband. They made fun of how drunk I was last time.

After a while, Alessandra and I decided to hit the dance floor.
I was enjoying myself greatly when I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around.

“Matteo!” I yelled happily, trying to be heard over the music.

He pointed at me, then himself and finally the other side of the club. I nodded, completely trusting that he had good intentions.

We sat down at a table. Dante and 2 other guys I hadn’t met before, were already seated.
A few hours were spent by them asking me about everything in my life. I also got to know them better, well, not counting Dante. He was still a mystery.

Matteo left to go dancing with some girl, and the other 2 guys did the same.

As I was relaxing, watching the people on the dance floor and drinking my soda, Dante moved closer and put an arm around my shoulders.

“You seem like a sweet girl. How come you are hanging out with them?” he asked and nodded towards Alessandra and the others.

“They’re my friends” I stated, my eyes wide. I was shocked by his actions.
“There’s nothing wrong with them. They’re nice to me.”

“You’d be better off not being around them. Trust me, you will soon discover that they are not your friends” he said coldly.

“You’re lying” I muttered and took another sip of my soda.

Dante grabbed my chin and turned my head towards him.

“Do I look like I’m lying?” he asked and stared into my eyes.
“I have no reason to lie to you. You better open your eyes and face the truth before it’s too late.”

“I… You… Why would..” I stuttered, embarrassed and mesmerized by his eyes.

Before I realized what was happening, his lips were on mine. After a few seconds he pulled away.

“You’re supposed to kiss back” he sighed.

“I have never…” I trailed off, red as a tomato, and looked down at my hands.

“This was your first kiss?” he asked and I swear that I could see the ghost of a smile on his lips.
“Follow your instincts” he whispered and kissed me again.

His lips were warm and soft. This kiss felt amazing. It felt so right.
He pulled me closer and gently bit my lower lip. I felt his hand traveling over my body and couldn’t deny the attraction I felt for him.

“Emma!” I heard Alessandra screech and before anything else could happen, I was ripped away from Dante.

I looked up and saw a fuming Luigi glaring at Dante.

“Get her the fuck away from here!” Giovanni yelled at Alessandra, who started dragging me outside.

“Why did you do that? It was just a kiss” I questioned Alessandra once we were outside.

Everything had gone quiet and you could no longer hear the pumping music that had been playing just seconds before.

“Alessandra, what was that about?” I asked again.

Before she could answer, a gunshot rang out, piercing the silence.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy!