Status: On temporary hiatus... sorry

Heartbreak & Lies

Chapter Fifteen - Safe

I woke up on a bed, my head feeling numb and my body tired.

“Jonathan” I groaned and pulled the covers more tightly against me.

“He’s not here” someone said and I shot up out of bed, staring at Marco.

Memories came rushing back and I narrowed my eyes at Marco.

“You guys drugged me” I accused, pointing at him.

“I’m sorry but it had to be done. We will explain later” he told me apologetically.
“Why don’t you take a shower, get dressed and meet us downstairs. There are clothes in the wardrobe and towels in the bathroom right across the hall.”

He gave me a sad smile and left, closing the door behind him.

“God, why do you do this to me?” I moaned while picking out clothes.
“I’ve been a good girl” I continued, deciding on a pair of sweat pants and a tank top.

I opened the door and peeked out. Seeing no one, I rushed to the bathroom.
While getting undressed, I wondered who had dared to change my clothes.
I also noticed a bandage on the crook of my arm, instantly becoming suspicious of their intentions, and ripped it off.

After I was done, I very cautiously walked downstairs.
The brothers, Dante and another guy were sitting and talking in Italian.
All of them looked up at me when I tripped on my feet and almost fell down the stairs.

“Emma, glad to see you up” Matteo smiled.
“Why don’t you come and sit with us” he offered.

“What did you do to me?” I asked, pointing at the little dot on the crook of my arm.

“Nothing serious. I promise that everything will be explained very soon” Matteo said seriously.

I saw Dante whisper something to that unknown guy who left quickly.

“We would want you to stay here, just as a safety precaution” Marco mumbled, staring at me.

“But my brother… I need to go home. Jonathan will be wondering where I am. I can’t have him worry about me” I tried to explain.

All of them exchanged weird looks and turned back to me.

“Angel, your brother isn’t worried for the reason you think he is” Dante murmured, looking at me intensely.
“You should trust our judgment. You are perfectly safe in this house.”

“How do you expect me to trust you when you drug me and do weird things you won’t explain?” I raised my voice.
“And why do you call me Angel?” I narrowed my eyes at Dante.

Dante shot up from his seat, walked up to me in long strides, grabbed my arm and roughly forced me to look at him.

“You will not talk to me like that! You WILL show me respect. Am I making myself clear?” he seethed, squeezing my jaw tightly.

“Dante! Get your fucking hands off of her” Matteo yelled and pried his hands off.

I tried to blink away the tears. Dante terrified me and this didn’t make it any better. I so regretted kissing him at that club.

Matteo put an arm around my shoulders and led me to a kitchen before turning around.

“Emma, please listen to us” he pleaded and gently held my face in his hands.
“I can understand that you’re scared and have no clue what’s going on. But please trust me when I say that we’re only thinking about what’s best for you. Everything will be explained, just have some faith in me.”

He leaned down and gently kissed my forehead.

“You might not believe this but I really do care about you” he whispered.
“All I want is for you to be safe and you’re not safe with Jonathan.”

“But he’s my…” I was interrupted by Matteo putting a finger on my lips.

“Please, trust me” he looked at me pleadingly.
“Remember what you told me when you called. You’re not safe there.”

I looked into his eyes and tried my hardest to find some proof that he was lying, but all I could see was sincerity.

“But I can’t stay. I was supposed to start my home-schooling and…”
“I’ll take care of all the necessarities. Don’t worry about those things” Matteo smiled at me.

“Ok” I whispered, wondering why my life had turned upside down in just a few days.

“You will have everything you need here. There’s just one thing you have to do…” Matteo trailed off, studying me.
“You can’t go outside, not under any circumstances. Can you do that for me?”

“So I’m like a prisoner” I concluded, taking a step back.

“No! Not at all” he answered, shocked.
“I’m just concerned and don’t want anything to happen to you. So, what do you say?”

“I guess I could do that…” I trailed off, thinking that I might just have sold my soul to the devil.

“You’re such a good girl” he mumbled and hugged me tightly.

Yet again I was feeling that odd feeling of being completely safe. But why?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hubba, I just keep posting chapters to this story. :D
I have lots in store for little Emma. Just thought I would mention that....

Enjoy!