Status: On temporary hiatus... sorry

Heartbreak & Lies

Chapter Eighteen - The Morning After

I woke up alone early in the morning. Feeling like taking a shower I tried to sit up, but groaned because of the severe pain in my lower region. The memories of last night came flooding back and I felt horrified.

I managed to get into the shower and started crying my heart out.
My plan had always been to wait until my wedding night and knowing that I had done it with a playboy I didn’t really know, made me feel like the biggest slut.

After the shower, I got dressed and checked myself over.
My eyes were red and puffy from all the crying and I was still in pain.
I decided to go to the kitchen to find painkillers.

While rummaging through the cabinets, I felt arms snake around my waist.

“Morning, baby” Dante mumbled and kissed my temple.

I tried to hide my face but he wouldn’t have it.

“What’s wrong?” he asked, sounding concerned.
“Why have you been crying?”

“It’s nothing” I muttered and tried to get away.

“Don’t lie to me” he demanded.
“You better tell me why you’re that upset.”

“You slept me with me!” I yelled after a moment of hesitating.
“You took my virginity…You just used me for a night of fun” I burst into tears again.

“ Angel..” he trailed off, looking at me.
“Did it ever occur to you that I might want to be with you?” he asked softly and kissed me.

“You don’t even know me” I sobbed.

“I know enough” he whispered and just held me.

I have no idea how long we stood there like that before I pulled away.

“Is there any painkillers in this house?” I wondered, looking down at the floor.

“Why? Headache?” he wondered.

“Not exactly” I blushed furiously.

“Yeah, I’m big” he smirked cockily.

“Shut up” I grumbled while hiding my hot face behind my hair.
“Can I just have the pills?”

“I’ll get them.” He was still smirking and went upstairs.

He was right though, he was big. And I didn’t enjoy it that much. All I could really remember was the pain. He was simply too big.

I also started thinking about his words. Did he really care or was he just playing me? Though, if he was only playing, he wouldn’t be this sweet today since he already got what he wanted, which must mean that he does care.
My heart felt a lot lighter at the thought and I managed to smile a little.

“Here” he gave me 2 pills and a glass of water.

“I’m just going to be lazy and watch movies today” I muttered after swallowing the pills and headed towards the TV-room.

Dante followed me and sat down on the couch.
I put on ‘Titanic’, just for the hell of it. I wanted to see how annoyed Dante would be.

He pulled me down on his lap and nuzzled my neck, groaning when he realized what movie it was.
I just smiled sweetly at him. This was one of my favorites, to be honest.

“Shush, I like this one” I whispered, trying to concentrate.

“You have such a bad taste when it comes to movies” he chuckled.

I ignored him during the movie and when it was done, I put on ‘The Crow’.

“Angel, don’t you dare ignore me” he grumbled and turned my face towards him.
“I don’t take well to being ignored.”

“I just want to watch this movie” I pouted.

“God, you look so sexy” he moaned, pushed me down and attacked my lips.

“No, no, no…” I protested.
“Let me watch the movie, please” I begged.

“You can watch it later” he growled and nipped at my bottom lip.

“Dante…” I whined.

“Fine” he snapped and sat up, pulling me close.
“But I better get a reward for being this patient.”

“Um… by reward, do you mean…” I couldn’t finish the sentence.

“You” he licked his lips.
“I want you.”

I cursed myself for blushing so easily.

Since I couldn’t concentrate on the movie, I thought of Dante and everything that had happened. I came to one conclusion: For better or for worse, I had fallen for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Things ain't over yet...

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.