Status: On temporary hiatus... sorry

Heartbreak & Lies

Chapter Six - Meeting Alessandra

On the car ride back home my mind kept repeating what Antonio said.
Trying to make any sense of it was hopeless.

I quietly got out of the car when we were home and walked inside.
Jonathan stayed outside to talk.
Determined to find out what Antonio was talking about, I waited for Jonathan at the dining room table.

“What was all that about?” I asked as soon as Jonathan walked inside.

“It was nothing. You shouldn’t worry your pretty little head” he said and started walking towards his bedroom.

“Jonathan!” I raised my voice, which was extremely rare, and walked after him.

He turned around, grabbed my shoulders and stared me straight in the eyes.

“It. Was. Nothing.” he said in a tight voice.
“Just let it go” he grumbled and walked into his room, slamming the door shut.

Frustrated, I stomped to my room, changed to pajamas and went to brush my teeth.
Then I crawled into bed, my head still trying to figure things out. Sleep would sort things out I decided and turned off the table lamp.

My cell phone ringing woke me up.

“Emma Hockings speaking” I answered tiredly.

“Hi” I high-pitched voice said.
“I’m Alessandra Cavallini, Giovanni’s sister. He told me to call you” the girl said.
“He said that you wanted to go shopping. I can’t wait to show you all the great places around here. It must be tough being new and…”

“I’m sorry, I just woke up. Give me a second” I mumbled, rubbed my eyes and yawned.
“You could come by in couple of hours if that’s ok. I need to get ready” I continued.

“That’s exactly what I thought of doing” the girl squealed.
“I’ll come by at 10.30. Bye” she giggled and hung up.

I crawled out of bed and picked out some nice clothes before I hit the shower.
In the shower I wondered how this Alessandra could be so hyper at 8 in the morning.
After I had showered and dried myself I started to get dressed.
I put on make-up, fixed my hair into 2 low braids and put on my silver hoop earrings. I checked myself over in the full-body mirror and was satisfied with my choice of clothes; really dark boot cut jeans, grey top and cream-white cardigan with a sash.

I walked into the kitchen where Jonathan was sitting with a cup of coffee.

“Good morning, Em.” he greeted me.
“I’m sorry about yesterday. I didn’t mean to be so rude.”

“It’s ok. I promise that I’m not mad” I smiled and hugged him.

The doorbell rang and Jonathan went to open the door.

“Hi, I’m Alessandra!” a voice giggled.
“I’m here to pick up Emma. I’m not at the wrong house, am I?” she inquired.

“No, no, she’s here” Jonathan answered and turned towards me.

“HI!” Alessandra squealed and ran to hug me.
“You’re gorgeous! I thought G was lying when he described you. Well, we better get going so we won’t miss anything” she said with a huge smile and started dragging me to the door.

I quickly pulled on my high-heeled boots and followed her out.

“I’m happy that you moved here. One can never have too many friends” she beamed while we were walking towards the stores.
“It’s too bad that you can’t speak Italian though. Many can’t speak English very well around here. G told me that you would start with your lessons in a week so I’m happy for you.”

We went from store to store and she bought something in each and every one of them. And she talked, talked and talked. I never got a chance to say much.

Finally we decided to eat something at this small but cozy café.

“Alessandra, are you going to school around here?” I asked her with a smile and nibbled on my chocolate muffin.

“School?” she giggled.
“Oh no, I’m a house wife. See, I’m married” she smiled and showed me the ring.

“I’m sorry” I mumbled embarrassed.
“You look so young…” I trailed off, looking at her.

She was about 5’6, had nice curves, straight blonde hair to her shoulders and lovely grayish eyes. She was very cute.

“I’m 20” she grinned while munching on her salad.

“Oh, I thought you were around 17” I explained sheepishly.
“May I ask who you are married to?”

“I’m married to Luigi Grimaldi. You’ll meet him someday soon” she giggled.
“I wonder which guy you’ll marry” she said thoughtfully.

I choked on my mineral water.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you liked this chapter. :)

Make me a happy camper and comment!