Paranormal Activity

The Call

Yeah, sing with me, sing for the year
sing for the laughter, sing for the tear
sing with me, if it's just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will-


I look at the name stretched across the screen of my Droid 2.
I sigh as I see its Adam, my agent, and drag the answer tab across the screen.
"What" I replied groggily, while looking at my digital clock on the night stand beside me.
The neon numbers glowed bright red through the night: 5:04 am.
"Did I wake you?" His cool voice says through phone "Never mind normal people are sleeping at this time"
I yawn as I rub my face, trying to wake up a little.
"Oh the reason I am calling this early is that you need to pick up the Ghost Adventures crew up at the airport at 7" he say in a rush.
"Whoa. First slow down. I need a few minutes to wake up before you start getting hectic. And second, Ghost Adventures, who are they?" I asked while sitting up to turn on the lamp next to me.
"How do you not know who they are?" he replied with a suprised tone in his voice.
"I don't watch alot of tv. Just tell me who they are."
I looked down at the foot of the bed to see Capone, my Pitbull, and Mugsy, my Bulldog, sleeping soundly.
"Well Ghost Adventures is exactly like Paranormal Activity, but they're they American version. Oh and they're all men"
"Oh okay, so why am I picking them up at the air port?" I say while my bedroom door opens slightly and Sagwa, my Siamese cat, comes in running for the bed.
"Well I know your not gonna like the second part of this-" I cut him off as Sagwa jumps into my lap and curls up.
"What do you mean I'm not gonna like it?" I ask, already starting to get agitated.
"Well, just listen and you will find out" He sighs before he starts again "Well their agent called me a few days ago, saying how good of an idea it would be if Ghost Adventures and Paranormal Activity would have a joint show and do an investigation together." He pauses to let me talk.
"Okay, seems like a good idea. But whats the bad part?" I ask, hoping its not reallyy all that bad.
"Well he thought that you guys should do the Ancient Ram Inn, but I told him how you refused to walk into the building last time you were there, but he did make a good argument by saying that there will be 3 men there." he said trying to coax me into doing it.
"I don't care what he says, I'm not doing it." I sternly say.
"But Dee, think about how much you can promote the show by doing this!"
"Adam I don't care, I'm not going to do it. I just get chills down my spine when I even hear the name of that place." I pause for a second before continuing " I just get a reallyy bad feeling that something doesn't want me there."
"But you get that feeling every time you go somewhere to do an investigation!"
"Yea but the difference is I don't feel like I'm going to die when I walk into those buildings!" I say in my defense.
Both of the pop up and look at me.
"I know that but think of how many people will watch that show! God only knows of how many people have been sending you letters, requesting Paranormal Activity to do an investigation on that place!"
I didn't say anything as I was thinking it over.
"So what's it gonna be when you get the money this time? Finish the theater room or pay someone to lay the brick that you want up in the stable?" he says know that he convinced me into doing the show.
"Alright I'll do it" I say sighing "so what time do I pick them up then?"
"Seven, I believe"
"Alright so who am I picking up?"
"Ghost adventures. Can you really not function in the morning?" he asks confused.
"No dickwad. I'm mean their names." I say fishing for a pen and paper in the night stand beside me.
"Oh hold on let me find the paper" he says while I hear a bunch of papers being searched through.
I wait patiently with the pen in my hand as I check the clock again.
5:13
"Alright Their names are Zak Bagans, Nick Groff, and Aaron Goodwin." he says as I write their names on the paper.
"So when will we be doing this investigation?" I ask tearing the piece of paper covered in flowers off its little tablet.
"I have no idea. We need have a meeting and discuss it through." you can tell he was starting to get tired.
"Alright I'll call you on our way home" I say ripping the blanket off of me and standing up.
"Good plan" he yawns
"Good night" I say before hanging up the phone.
I toss my phone on my bed before walking out my bedroom door and down the stairs, with the dogs trialing close behind.
I get down stairs to see some of the lights in the kitchen already on.
'Odd' I thought to myself 'I was the last one asleep.'
I shrugged it off and went to the fridge to grab an Amp, but as I walked by the double doors I saw Kris sitting in a deck chair, all wrapped up in a throw, smoking a cigarette.
I sigh and grab my Amp and a throw before walking outside to sit in the deck chair next to her.
She looked at me with a confused look as I opened my amp.
"What are you doing up?" she asked with a tone the same as the look on her face.
"I could ask you the same question" I say while looking over at her.
"Well" She looked down "Jason called me." she said sadly.
"And what did he say?" I ask know her situation isn't to different than mine.
"That he has no idea what possessed him to do it, and that he was sorry" she said now looking at the lake ahead of her.
"You know that's bullshit right." I say while grabbing a cigarette from her pack and lighting it up.
I don't usually smoke but the last 2 weeks, stress has driven me over the edge.
"Yea, I know so I told him to fuck off and go find Chastity because I'm done."
"Who's Chastity?" I ask giggling at the name.
"His latest whore" she says with a scowl on her face.
"What kind of a name is that" I say taking a sip of my Amp
"An Ironic name for a whore"
I spit my amp everywhere and bust out laughing.
"So I realized this morning that we can't sit here and stress out over the stupid shit that they put us through, because they obviously don't care about us"
"Yea" say I and motion to Capone and Mugsy that I spilt something.
"So you didn't tell me why your up so early." she says lighting up another cigarette.
"Oh, so Adam called me at 5 am to say that we are doing a joint show with Ghost Adventures crew and-" she cut me off.
"Holy shit no way?" I gave her a side ways glance before continuing.
"And we will be investigating The Ancient Ram Inn."
She gave me a suprised look.
"How in the hell did Adam convince you?"
"I seriously have no Idea." I say while putting out my cigarette.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and tell me what you think :)
pweeeeeeeease (: