Paranormal Activity

Breakfast

I push close the door to the fridge with my foot before quickly turning around, to sit the contents in my arms on to the granite counter top, trying not to replay yesterdays disaster. I slide the milk across the island to Nick, who was making breakfast. Just like he did every morning for the past 5 days he's been here.
"So what's on the menu today" Pat says walking in and sitting on a bar stool.
"Strawberry crepes with fresh blueberry yogurt" he says while mixing some ingredients together.
"Did he just say crepes?"Zak says sitting up from the couch and looking at us from the great room.
"Yes Zak, he said the word crepes" Aaron says walking down the stairs rubbing his eyes.
Zak then jumps off the couch and does some kind of fist pump.
Kris then walks into the kitchen, gets up into a bar stool and drops her head onto the counter top.
"Ruff night?" Aaron says leaning on the couch next to her.
She picks up her head and looks directly at him. He looked completely drained of all life while leaning there on the counter. He had blood shot eyes, pale skin, and heavy bags have started to develop under his eyes.
"I could say the same thing about you" she gives him a playful glare and drops her head to the counter again.
"Hey Dee could you possibly give me the address to this place, Kat needs to send me some papers" Aaron asks with a sad tone and a face look to match,
"Yea do you just want me to text it to her? It would probably be alot easier than me spelling it out to you with all those things above the letters" I say getting up in the bar stool, pulling my phone out of Zak's my hoodie pocket.
"Why does she need the address?" Nick asks pouring some batter in the frying pan.
"I told you" he grabs and apple "she needs to send me some papers."
"Papers containing what?"Zak asks sitting down in the bar stool next to me.
I grab a banana from the fruit bowl in the middle of the Island and set it down in front of me. I feel Mugsey's cold little paws lean up on my leg, then a little warm tongue lick my leg once.
I look down and he immediately started to get excited, turning in circles and wagging his butt, cause he has no tail. I pick him up and set him on my lap and reach for my banana, only to realize its not there.
I look straight at Zak who is munching on a banana.
"Dude, not cool you took my banana"
"Dudette not cool you took my hoodie"
I looked down to see what I had on.
"Tu chee"
"Hey could you possibly send that address now? She wants it over with as soon as possible." Aaron says in a grim voice.
"What sending a paper?" at asks confused.
"Yea I can, whats the number?"
He gives me the number and I text the her the address.

Since its a beautiful day outside we decide to eat breakfast under the gazebo out on the lake.
As I was about to dig into my crepes I feel my phone vibrate. I put down my silverware and pull out my phone, sliding out the keyboard.

Who is this?
-Kat


When it clicked that this was Aaron's wife I texted back.

This Is Eden, I was told that you needed the address to send something

I lay my phone down onto the table and start to eat. Not even seconds later I receive a text back.

He didn't tell you what for did he?
-Kat

Nope, I never bothered asking


Just as I put the phone down I received another text, sighing I pick up the phone.

Good and don't have the guys interrogate him either, they don't need to know our business.
-Kat

I know this isn't my place and I don't even know you, but if he wants to talk about his problems to his friends that's his choice... Not yours


I tap send and wait a few seconds for her to reply, when I didn't one I placed the phone back on the table. Once again I started eating my crepe. As I stuff the last bite of my food in my mouth, my phone buzzes again.
"Dude your wife is a texting fiend." I say looking Aaron, sliding open my keyboard.
He sighed in disappointment.
"What did she say?"
"Nothing really, I just don't like her attitude" I say before chugging my lemonade.
"Dude If you keep cooking like this I really don't care how long you stay" Pat says falling back in her chair.
"If you keep cooking like this your never going to leave, I'm going to lock you in the basement and make you cook for me" Kris says laughing.
"That's a stupid idea, what if I won't cook?" Nick asks putting his napkin on his plate.
My phone buzzes again in my pocket, I sigh once again and slide open my keyboard

Listen I need those papers before noon if you guys want to do the show on Saturday.
-Adam

Why noon?


I check the time and notice that its 10:30.
"Can some one help me do those referrals that Adam gave us yesterday. He says they he has to have them before noon" I say while standing up, taking my plate with me.
Zak checked his watch.
"You do realize that we have to leave here in like 45 minutes."
"Yep so can someone please help me" I say sweetly.
Zak stands up and follows me inside.
"Why didn't we do these last night" he asks climbing the stairs behind me.
I snort.
"Cause that would have made way to much sense" I walked around the banister and sat behind my desk "besides we wanted to play manhunt last night."
He just laughed and leaned on the desk trying to read the paper I had in my hand, upside down.
I give him a confused look when he looks up at me.
"What?" he asks giving me a bright smile.
I feel a slight blush creep up onto my cheeks.
I try hiding it by putting my head down, shaking my head no so my hair would cover my face.
He just sees this and smiles more.
I distract myself from him and read the paper, though halfway through he tucked my hair behind my left ear.
His touch on my skin was like electric, causing me to get chills.
I look up at him to see him still smiling.
"Your hair was in the way of my reading" he laughs a little.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this was kind of a filler
The investigation will take place in the next 2 chapters (:
Comment please and tell me how I'm doing (: