Concrete Castle

I'll Just Smile and Make Believe I Don't Feel a Thing

-Devon-

When I got off work, having had to pass out candy most of the night, though it wasn't to bad when Charlie started helping, I called John. “Hello?” He said happily.

“Can we just meet at your place?” I asked, tired. “I don't feel like ice cream.”

“Frozen yogurt.” John said smartly.

“Same thing.” I rolled my eyes, chuckling.

“It's closer for you to just go home, right? I'll be over in a few.” He answered.

“Yeah. Okay, thanks.” I yawned, getting into my car.

“See you in a bit.” John said, hanging up.

When I arrived to our apartment, Baylee was gone. She left a note on the fridge that she'd gone to another party and would probably go to Kenny's for the night. I sighed, looking in the fridge for something to eat. Nothing.

I closed it, searching the cupboards. Nothing. I sighed, leaning against the counter. Not even five minutes later, John knocked on the door, carrying a Little Caesar’s pizza. Not my favorite, but I was hungry. Stacked on top of the box were two six packs of soda.

“I figured we could stay in tonight and watch a few scary movies. It is Halloween, you know.” John lifted up a bag in his other hand, through the plastic I could see a couple movies.

“That sounds perfect.” I smiled, letting him in. “I need a night in for once. Always trailing after your drunken selves.”

“Aw, you love it.”

“It puts me behind in class.” I said, turning on the television. John put the pizza on the stand beside the couch, making himself comfortable on the couch.

“Which movie? I brought Jason, Friday the 13th, Jeepers Creepers--

“First or second?”

“The second.”

I scrunched up my nose, but grabbed it anyway. “I haven't seen it. Is it as good as the first?”

“Of course not.” John laughed, “but it's close.”

“Then Jeepers Creepers 2 it is.” I finalized, putting it in the DVD player. I switched off the lights before grabbing a piece of pizza, John handed me a Dr. Pepper.

As soon as John and I were full and content, I started the movie, cuddling up next to John, feeling really tired all of the sudden. “Don't go to sleep on me, Daisy.” John laughed, nudging me, but I was already dozing off.

“Mmmm,” I groaned, wrapping my arms around him, “Sleepy time.” I mumbled.

“Hey! How are you supposed to get all scared and jump all over me if you're sleeping?”

“Ah, motive revealed.” I laughed, lifting my head to look at him. “I thought so.” I gave him a crooked smile.

“What else are scary movies for?” John shrugged, not seeming ashamed of himself at all.

“Um, I don't know...to watch?” I answered. “Plus, when have you ever needed a movie to get a girl to get all over you?”

“Since I fell in love with you.” He answered coyly.

“Psh, whatever.” I rolled my eyes, sitting back against the couch.

“Hey...Devon, can I ask you something?” He started nervously.

And the movie was forgotten. “What?” I looked up to his green eyes. They were so...beautiful.

“When are we...” He cleared his throat, shifting in his seat. “I mean...are we ever going to get together? Like...for real together? I mean, we kind of are now, but...it...nobody else knows and it's not even like I can call you my girlfriend or anything...”

I think...that's the cutest thing I've ever seen. “I don't know, John. I mean, I plan on talking to my father--”

“What?” He exclaimed, turning to me again, “You're going to talk to that psycho?”

Crap. I wasn't going to tell him. I picked at my fingernails, “I mean, yeah...I think...I think that's why I'm holding back. There are things I need to understand, and get off my chest, John.” I explained. “And I plan on going the second.”

“In two days?” He looked worried.

“Yeah. I mean...I'm pretty sure I'm ready. I have got everything I want to say to him in my head. I'll be fine.”

“Let me come with you.”

I shook my head, “No. I'm sorry, but I'll probably be a wreck after that.”

“That's why I want to be there.”

“I'm sorry, John. It's something I need to do by myself.”

John hesitated, shifting, “If...if you're sure.”

“I promise John, on the third, we'll go out. On a real date. No Frozen yogurt, and no fast food. And then, we'll go to a party together, and we'll...” I gulped, “And we'll be a real couple. Okay?”

“You mean it?” John asked hopefully, a smile on his face.

I grabbed his hand, gripping it tightly, “More than I've ever meant anything before.” I smiled back.

“God, I love you.” He grabbed me swiftly in a hug. I was surprised, and again, my heart started to beat faster. Even though I wouldn't admit it to him, I love it when he says that.

And, though I wasn't one hundred percent sure, I think I love him.

I mean, he's the only one who's ever made me feel anything like this before. My heart races, my throat gets all tight and sometimes, I can't talk properly. Butterflies, though not as rapturous as before, still burst in my stomach when he looked at me a certain way.

And when he held me, like he was doing now, I never wanted him to let go.

I looked up in his eyes again, wondering how in the world I got to be so lucky. John, who was nice and sweet and trustworthy, wanted me. And I wasn't really any of those things.

So I kissed him.

Butterflies shot into my stomach, and John's lips parted. I immediately took control and tangled my tongue with his. And soon, we were both battling for control. I straddled his hips, tangling my fingers in his hair and anchoring him to me.

Letting out a moan as John's guitar calloused hands slid up my shirt. Not really thinking logically anymore, my fingers found the buttons of his shirt. He was wearing the red plaid button up that I had borrowed the night he found out about my nightmares.

John broke free from my lips, swooping down on my neck. I tilted my head back to give him better access, all the while breathing heavily.

Forgetting about turning off the DVD player and television, I pulled John's half naked body into the bedroom.

….

I woke up the next day before John, feeling like he shouldn't get to sleep any longer than I did, I propped myself up on my elbow, keeping the sheets over my chest, “Jooohhhhhnnnnooooo?” I whispered in his ear.

“Mmmmmmm.” He let out, stuffing his face into the pillow.

“John, you may not have anything to do today, you lazy bum, but I have class and work.” I started, “and I have to go soon.”

“No.” He denied, wrapping an arm around me, and pulling me closer. He buried his face in my neck. “You're staying.”

“John, come on...” I whined, though not really trying really hard to get away from him.

“My only regret is that you were dressed in that sexy cop costume.” John mumbled, nipping at the sensitive skin of my neck.

“And to think, I could have handcuffed you.” I teased, pushing on his chest. God, he had a great body.

“Oh my god, yes.” He moaned. I laughed silently, just as he said, “Do you really have to go?” He asked.

“Yeah, I have a few tests today.”

“Ugh, why? Half the class will probably be hung over.” John released me.

“Perfect reason for a test, in my opinion. Keeps people from drinking.” I said, pulling on my shirt and pants.

“Ugh.” John groaned, “Let me give you a ride.” I looked over my shoulder at him, raising my eyebrows, he laughed, “Not that kind of ride, you sick girl. I meant to school. I have to go that way anyway.”

I nodded, gathering some new clothes to put on. “Sure.” I said, “I just have to have a shower, and then we can go.” John gave me a look, “No, you can't join. I have to hurry.”

“I can be quick.”

I laughed, “You're so...” I couldn't think of a good enough word, so I just shut the door to the bedroom, leaving him to get dressed alone.

I had a smile on my face the entire time, and I really didn't want to go to class. Maybe I could stay all day with John. That's something we'd both enjoy. I shook my head, laughing at myself. I couldn't do that, that's just silly. But rather tempting.

Man, I was in such a good mood today. I can't help but think it was because of John. Of course, it was. I rolled my eyes at myself, feeling a little silly. Now, I'm one hundred percent sure that I love him.

And it wasn't just lust, either. I mean, I could tell. When I said I wanted to just spend the day with him, I wasn't talking about sex. I mean, it had been great, but I didn't want that. Not most importantly, anyway. I was thinking about just on the couch, cuddled together watching movies.

Or maybe out by the pool, sitting in on of the lounge chairs together. Or maybe, as I'm trying to do my homework, him distracting me. With little kisses, joked, hand holding.

Stuff like that.

When I got out of the shower and was dressed, I stepped out of the bathroom, almost running into John. “Finally, I was about to pee myself.” He told me, I stepped aside to let him through. I shook my head, smiling.

Why did I fall for this stupid guy?

I packed up a few books in my bag, making sure I had a pen and pencil. “Are you going to comb your hair?” John asked, a couple minutes later as I was tying my shoes.

“Ah, shoot. I forgot.” John grabbed a comb from my dresser and sat beside me on the bed, moving the comb through my hair. “What are you doing?” I asked, my eyes shutting softly. I love it when people mess with my hair.

Not that a lot of people have done it before.

“Helping.” He said simply. “You smell really good.” He mentioned, taking a deep breath.

“Thanks.” I let out softly, kissing him with only half my hair combed.

“Devon!?” Baylee shouted into the apartment. I jumped away from John, grabbing the comb. I finished fixing my hair myself as I went out to meet her.

“Hey, what're you doing here?”

“I forgot a book for class. Is John here?”

“Yeah, in...in the bathroom.” I lied, “He stayed last night. On the couch.”

“Oh.” Something sparked in her eyes, and she smiled. “Well, I'll just get my book and, oh, hey John.” She waved, I turned and John had come into the room. I flung my hair into a ponytail.

“I grabbed this from your room, Daisy.” John lifted my bag, as Baylee went to get her book. I huffed, going into the kitchen and grabbing an apple and granola bar.

“Do you want something?” I asked John, he shook his head, looking troubled. I waited until we were in his car to ask, “What's wrong?”

“Uhhhh, nothing.” He muttered and I wasn't convinced.

“If it's about me lying to Baylee, I'm sorry. It's just...she's already got it in her head that we're dating, and if she knew that you stayed the night, particularly in my bedroom, she'd freak out, shouting about how I finally lost my virginity. And I don't want to deal with that right now.” I sighed.

“It's not that, Daisy.” He said, taking my hand, “I promise. Just, don't worry about it.”

But I did. Did he regret last night? I hope not. Because it was everything I hoped for.

“Then, how about tonight, we go out with everyone and...and we finally tell them all?”

“No, I can't.” John shook his head, “I have stuff to do for mom tonight.”

“Oh,” I twisted my hands in my laps, “Okay, then, I'll see you after my classes?”

John looked apologetic and a little tortured, “I will be working...for mom.”

My heart sank. “Okay.” I nodded, smiling at him as he pulled into the parking lot, taking me to my first class' building. “I'll get Baylee to give me a ride, then.”

“Yeah, I'll...I'll see you tomorrow.” John said nervously. I leaned in to give him a kiss, and said goodbye.

What was up with him?
♠ ♠ ♠
Awwwwww shoooot.
I debated heavily on this.
And I mean for DAYS.
It's like...seal the deal and have the let down be twenty thousand times worse, or just have it be, you know....normal boyfriend breaking up with you pain.
It makes it more dramatic.
Poor Devon. Gah!

Anyway, I've also been busy with a new story.
If you like the Weasley twins (the actors who play them at least), check it out please: Life of Illusion
You MIGHT not be disappointed.
I'm really excited about it. :)

Anyway, tell me what you think about the chapter, yeah?
Hahaha

Keeping on keeping on.
<3 Sara Michelle
P.S. HAVE YOU HEARD MAYDAY PARADE'S NEW SONG????
I love it. That is all