Look at Us

1/1

“Hey, babe, come look at what I found." Matt yelled. 

I lifted myself off the couch and slowly made my way up the stairs. Each time I went up a step it made me feel like a dozen knives were stabbing my back. I put a hand on my back and rubbed it when I reached the top step. When I pushed our bedroom door open I looked around but couldn't find Matt. 

“Where are you, Matty?" 

“In the closet." I shuffled over to our walk in closet and saw him sitting on the floor leaning against the wall. He was holding what looked like an old picture. He looked up and waved me over. When I got to him he carefully pulled me down to sit inbetween his legs, leaning my back on his chest.

“Whatcha got there?" I asked, tilting my head to kiss his chin since that was all I could reach. I always felt so short when I was with him. I was five foot five, average height, but he was like the Iron Giant. People always said we made a cute couple because we...well I don't know how to say it. I guess you could say the saying opposites atract fits us perfectly. 

I was the sports player who got straight A's and had rich parents. Matt was the bad boy who was in a band and didn't really care for school. I was considered a goody two shoes while he was considered a bad influence. My friends were part of the popular crowd who looked down on people who weren't like us but I was different. I didn't care about what other people had or didn't have. Matt's friends were part of the badass rocker crowd who didn't give a fuck what people thought about them. I always remember my mom warning me about guys like him but I never listened. 

“It's a picture of us on our first date at the carnival." He answered, breaking me from my thoughts. I glanced at the picture and felt a smile make it's way onto my face. It was one of those where you set in the little booth and it took a couple pictures. We looked so young and care free. We were only sixteen and when that date was over I knew I loved him. It seemed like it was just yesterday we had our first date.

.  .  .


Matt jumped out of his truck and shut the door, running around the front of truck to my side. He helped me out and made sure I didn't fall. His truck was jacked up so it was kinda hard for me to get in and out of it by myself. 

“Are you ready Rosalie?" He asked shutting the door and locking it. I checked over my outfit which consisted of a pair of short jean shorts, a simple light purple cami, a grey cardigan, and a pair of grey gladiator sandals. I nodded and grabbed his outstretched hand. After we got a bunch of tickets we turned and looked at all the rides and games. 

“Oh, can we go play that game?!" I asked excitedly. It was the game where you have to knock down the milk bottles with a baseball. He nodded with a chuckle and we made our way through the decent sized crowd toward the game. 

“You get three balls with one ticket." The guy running the game stated. I handed him one ticket while Matt handed him one too. I smirked and glanced at Matt, “Wanna see who can knock 'em down first?" I asked tossing the ball up and catching it. 

“That's not fair, you play softball." He replied with a pout. Smiling I went over and poked his nose, “If I lose, you...get a kiss." His face lit up at the mention of a kiss and he nodded in agreement. 

We both threw our first baseball but missed. I threw my second and missed by a couple inches. He however knocked them all down. I plastered a pout on my face when he looked at me with a huge smile. 

“I'm fucking Superman!" He did a superhero pose, his eyes having a little sparkle in them. I stopped pouting and stood on the tip of my toes kissing his soft lips. His lips moved in sync with mine while his hands went to my hips. My arms instantly wrapped around his neck, pulling him closer. Someone walking by yelled, “get a room," causing Matt to pull away and flip the person off. 

He turned his head back to me and leaned his forehead against mine, “Sorry. Sometimes people just piss me off." I giggled and looked into his hazel eyes that shined in the carnival lights. “I would have to agree."

“What prize do you want?" The guy asked breaking us from our own little world. Matt pulled away from me but looped his arm around my shoulders. “What one do you want babe?" He asked glancing down at me. 

I looked at all the stuffed animals. My eyes landed on a medium sized panda bear that was holding a small panda bear in it's hands. “I want the panda bear please." 

The man got it down and handed it to Matt who in turn handed it to me. I wrapped my right arm around it and leaned up, pecking his lips.

“Thank you. Nobody's ever done that for me."


.  .  .


“I still have that panda bear you know." He looked at me with a dimpled grin and kissed my temple. I grabbed the shoe box that was next to him and let out a laugh when I picked up the bracelet he made me. 

“Remember this?" I asked holding it up. His chest rumbled with laughter and he took it clipping it around my wrist.

“Yeah and I remember your dad was beyond fucking pissed when he saw you wearing it. I don't think I've ever been so scared of someone in my life." Matt answered, lacing his fingers with mine.

.  .  .


“Do you wanna come in? My parents are probably in their offices." He looked scared for a minute but nodded his head. After he turned off his car he followed me in the house and shut the door behind him. 

“You gotta take off your shoes. My moms real weird about that." I slipped off my flats and hung my light jacket on the coat rack. He followed my actions and hung his light jacket by mine. I looked down at his arms seeing the few tattoos he had. I loved all of his tattoos. He always said he was going to get more.

I grabbed his hand and pulled him into the kitchen. When I walked in there our maid Carmen was washing dishes humming a song she always used to sing to me when I was little. Clearing my throat she turned around and stopped what she was doing coming over to hug me. 

“How is little Rosie doing?" She asked in a thick Spanish accent. I unraveled my arms from around her and smiled at her. “I'm doing good Carmen. I wanted to introduce you to my boyfriend Matt. Matt this is Carmen our maid but she's more like a mom to me." 

She gave Matt a once over and gave him a freindly hug. She never was one for handshakes, she always thought hugs were better. Matt pulled away and said his hello after Carmen did. I ran a hand through my curly hair but was quickly stopped when she grabbed my hand.

“Who got you the bracelet?" I giggled and pointed to Matt, “He made it for me." I responded. She gushed about how unique it was and how sweet it was of him causing me to blush. Matt's deep chuckle met my ears but it was cut off my someone clearing their throat from the doorway. 

I turned to see my dad standing there with his coffee mug in hand. He looked at Matt from head to toe. I could tell he was scrutinizing him and I didn't like it. He was just looking on the outside where all the tattoos and piercings were, not on the inside which was all that mattered. 

“Who's this?" He asked in his gruff voice. I gulped and stared at him with my piercing blue eyes. “This is my boyfriend, Matt. Matt this is my d-.." I started but was cut off by my dad.

“What is that thing on your wrist?" He pointed to my bracelet with disgust. Great, he's going to be pissed.

“A bracelet Matt made for me." I answered in a whisper. Matt's hand grabbed mine and gave me a reassuring squeeze.

My dad roughly grabbed my left wrist and examined the bracelet. After a moment his eyes flickered to mine and they held nothing but disgust and anger. He released my hand and it fell limply at my side. 

“Take that piece of shit off." He said lowly. I've never heard his voice like that before and it scared me but I wasn't going to let him or anyone else know that. Shaking my head no I tried to walk around him but he grabbed my shoulder.

“I said take it off." He roared tightening his grip. I hissed in pain and released Matt's hand trying to pry my dads hand off. His grip didn't falter one bit. 

“Dad your hurting me!" I cried feeling tears sting my eyes. The look he gave me told me to suck it up and get over it. He never was one that cared for anyones feelings but his. 

“Mr. Kruize your hurting your daughter, let her go." Carmen stated firmly. She never once spoke to my parents like that. I could tell Matt was probably scared shitless. When my dad yells that's usually how people end up feeling.

“You don't tell me what to do or I'll fire your ass." He threatened, letting go of me and spinning around to face her. I felt hot tears make their way down my face and when I tried to stop them I couldn't, they were like a never ending waterfall. Matt's arms wrapped themselves around me and pulled me into his comforting hold. I buried my head in his chest and just let the tears flow freely.


.  .  .


“I still don't like that asshole." Matt said lowly. I sighed and leaned my head against his chest, closing my eyes. I never did either and he's my father. No child should have to go through that. 

“Me neither babe. Me neither." I whispered. I felt him shift from behind me more then likely trying to get comfortable. He picked something out of the box and I could just tell he was smirking. 

“What are you smirking for?" I asked in a mumble. I was so tired I could barely keep my eyes open. “This." He replied. I slowly opened my eyes and saw him holding a speaker from the old drive-in theater. We were both eighteen when he took me there and let's just say he was being an idiot and cut the wire on the speaker saying he wanted to keep it. I'm surprised he didn't get caught by the owners or some other people. 

“I can't believe you still have this." I said with a chuckle. He put it back in the box and wrapped his arms around me, laying his hands over mine. 

“I don't even know what movie we went to see." He replied putting his face in my hair. I licked my lips and smirked, “Wonder why?" I asked sarcastically. His hot breath hit my neck when he laughed. 

“Well I just couldn't keep my hands offa you." He took his face out of my hair and dipped his head to kiss below my ear. When he kissed there I could tell he was smirking and remembering that night. 

“Stop thinking about that you perv." I slapped his chest and leaned forward. “Help me up?" I asked holding out my hands. He stood up and stepped over me pulling me up and out of the closet. 

I grabbed his hand and we walked very quietly to the door next to ours. He slowly pushed it open and wrapped his arms around my protruding stomach, putting his chin on my shoulder. There in the middle of the room were our four year old twin sons, Owen and Sullivan or Sully as we call him, wearing matching Superman shirts and some of my old nerd glasses I wore for Halloween with no lenses. They were playing with hotwheels and were to focused on them to notice us.          

We watched them for a few more minutes until we closed the door. I started to waddle my way to the stairs but he stopped me. He turned me around and looked at me with his hazel orbs.

“We've been through a lot of shit but look at us now." I sent him a smile and pecked his lips. He pulled me into his chest and layed his head ontop of mine. We stayed like that for a couple minutes until I broke the silence.

“Do you remember what you said when you won me that panda bear at the carnival?" 

“Yeah. I said I was fucking Superman." 

“Well your my Superman."

“I guess that makes you my Lois Lane."                     
♠ ♠ ♠
I was listening to this song on my iPod yesterday and it inspired me to write this. I'll probably be doing some other oneshots inspired by songs so if you have any good songs let me know and I'll see if they inspire me to write. Peace, love, blue monster!