Soon You'll Scream My Name

Here's Another Day That I'll Spend Away From You

This Delta girl hasn't even been at Pine Heights for two whole days and she's already got the whole school talking about her. Kids from other schools in the county as well! I can't believe it. I can't fucking believe it. It took me a week to get noticed in this town. It took her a mother fucking day! A day to catch Ashton's eye and snag him away from me. Well, it's not happening. No way, no how. We were sitting in first hour, and Ashton was standing by her desk, flirting with her I'm guessing. The way he's smirking, and the way she's looking at her phone, then back at him. It's taking all my will power to not go over there and rip the black hair out of Delta's head. I want to stick knives into those gray eyes of hers and listen to her scream in pain. Before I could go into anymore detail with my vivid imagination of what I wish to do to her, Mrs. Haven walked into the room and slammed the door so loud I nearly jumped out of my seat. Everyone rushed to their chairs and Ash slowly made his way to sit beside me. When he did, he smiled at me and I returned it. I couldn't let him show my jealousy of this girl. It's not worth it until he starts showing some interest in her.
"Class," Mrs. Haven began. "I have an important announcement."
I rolled my eyes. Alright, we'll have a test sometime within the next week, big deal.
"Next Thursday and Friday are our retreat days for this year."
"What the fuck are retreat days?" Delta asked. Mrs. Haven glared at her.
"I'll let that slip this time, Miss Underwood. But retreat days are when we split up the female and male students and take each on a retreat. A day to relax and have fun with their peers."
"And we always get paired up with someone we can't stand." Payton mumbled.
He's telling the truth. The school purposely does it, too. They figure out who hates who and puts them together in a group. If the retreat doesn't work, they do it again at the end of the year during the month camping trip. Mrs. Haven pulled a box up off the floor.
"Now, I wrote all of your names on a slip of paper and whose name is pulled up with yours is your partner."
She began to pick the names out of people I didn't quite care for.
"Ashton," she said. "Will be partners with, oh my. Payton."
"Sweet!" Payton cheered. Ashton smiled like a complete idiot.
"Caroline with be partners with Stacie."
Ha, that Caroline girl is going to get a good wake up call. Stacie hates her.
Then she called my name.
"Charmaine will be partners with Delta."
My jaw dropped as my head snapped toward that girl. Delta's gray eyes were glaring at me.
"Mrs. Haven," Ashton said. "You'll regret pulling their names together."
"Now I don't think there will be any harm." She says.
Payton laughed. "Look at the glare they're giving each other!"
Just as the class began to stare at us, we turned our heads away.
This is fucking bullshit.

By time lunch came around, my name was now floating around the school. Normally, I wouldn't care. But when it was then put with Delta's, I was furious. I didn't want my name to be in the same sentence as hers. It's just outrageous. I sat at my lunch table beside Stacie and Maddie when Ashton and Payton came over and sat across from us.
"Did you girls here who Maine was partnered up with for the retreat?" Payton smirked.
"Fuck you." I said to him.
"Right now? I'm all for it." He said. He looked like he was being serious, but the tone in his voice told me that he was only joking, I think.
"Lay off, Payton. But Maine, I don't see what the big deal is. Delta can be a cool girl when she wants to be. I mean, if you think about, she's just like you when you first got here." Ashton says.
I rolled my eyes. "I don't care. There is just something about her that I don't trust."
"She isn't that bad. We get along great." Maddie said. I gave her a look. She brushed her blond brown hair out of her blue eyes. "Well she is!"
"I refuse to believe it." I said.
"You're stubborn as fuck." Payton sighed. "But I agree with you. She's a total bitch I wouldn't trust if I had to."
I smiled. "Thank you, Payton. At least I know that somebody is on my side." I said the last part as I glared at Ashton. He held his hands up in defense.
"Maybe if you would actually talk to her, and get to know her first, maybe you would like her." Maddie said.
"I agree with Maddie." Ashton says.
"Of course you agree with her," Stacie said. "You want to get into Delta's pants."
His jaw dropped as his shocked expression quickly looked toward me.
So he does have a bit of interest in her. I got up from the table and headed for the exit of the cafeteria that led out into the court yard. Ashton followed after me.
"Charmaine, wait up!" He called once I got out the door.
"Fuck off, Ash." I snapped.
He caught up to me and pushed me against the oak tree in the middle of the yard I was about to walk past.
"Let me explain," He says.
"I don't care that you want to get into her pants," I tell him. "I just hate to actually hear it."
He sighed heavily and took a step back from me. He scratched the back of his head and bit his bottom lip. He's trying to think of something to say; to get out of this situation.
"If you're trying to think of a way out of this, just stop."
"Damn," He says. "I'm sorry, Maine."
"What the hell are you apologizing for? What did you do?"
"When Delta wouldn't give me a blow job, and just teased the hell outta me, I went for you next in the nurses office yesterday."
"Ash, how times do I have to tell you this? I don't care if I'm your last resort for sex."
"But I still feel bad." He says.
"For that?"
He shakes his head. "I apologize for taking your virginity from you."
"What? Why are you sorry for that? I wanted you to have it."
"I know you did, but I didn't think about it at the time. I was just trying to get back at Kelsey for dumping me in front of everyone by having sex with you. I wanted to prove I could still get a girl after her."
Kelsey had told me this a few days after the night Ash fucked me, and I've been hearing it every since. But coming from the person himself, it shocked me more than ever.
"I already knew that." I whispered. "Kelsey told me, and so did a few lot of other people. They said you were just using me."
Ashton took a step closer to me. "But Charmaine, you know that, now, you mean more to me than you did back then, right? You mean a whole lot to me."
I wanted to smile, but couldn't.
"I know." I said. "I love you, Ash."
Ashton smiled and took me into an embrace. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he held me tight to him by my waist. I began to cry. Because every time I tell him I love him, he never says it back.

"I can't be partners with Delta." I say to Mrs. Haven at the end of the day. "Can't you switch Caroline with me and let me be with Stacie?"
She shook her head as she began to get her things together. "I'm sorry, dear. But a draw is a draw. You can't take it back."
"But Stacie hates Caroline and I cannot stand Delta."
"This is why we make these retreats. To get students to get along with each other." This bitch is fucking stupid.
"But what has this done in the past few years? Has anyone magically began friends after this? Not that I know of. There have always been fights at these retreats and somebody always ends up going to the hospital."
She pressed her full lips into a straight line as she slipped on her coat. "I suppose that you're right, Charmaine. But I cannot change what's done. I have already turned in the paper with your names on it."
I curse under my breath. "Can't you say you made a typo and fix it?" I asked.
Sadly, she shakes her head. "The office won't let me do that. Your names are probably already stored into the system. It's beyond my power to change them now."
I groaned. "From now on, you should make the school board let the kids pick their partners. I can't do jack since this is my last year."
"You children will be missed much." She says as she gets her bag over her shoulder. She leads me out of the classroom. As we're walking down the hall to the front exit, she and I glance down a hall to see Delta with her back against the orange lockers and Ashton leaning on it with his hands. In front of her. If he went in another two inches he could kiss her!
"Oh, my. I had no idea Miss Underwood would have any interest in Mr. Watkins." She gasped.
"You have no idea." I told her. She gave me a look as I rolled my eyes. I began to walk down the hall toward the exit; planning to leave Ashton to his desires. "Ashton wants into Delta's pants. But Delta's too smart to let him. He'll do anything for a fuck. Especially from someone as gorgeous and as well known as she is. Sleeping with her will get his name passed around for miles around with the reputation that Delta is carrying." I shoved my hands into my pockets as I left a wide eyed teacher behind me. I was hoping that she would leave them be, and when I turned around she was gone.

When I got home, my parents were at work like always. I had the place to myself and I got quite lonely. Sometimes I wish my parents would have had another child so I wouldn't be alone all afternoon and evening. My father is always on business trips and my mother is constantly working late at the office. I know that they're cheating on each other, I'm just afraid to admit it to myself. My father always come back every now and then smelling like cheap whore perfume. Mother always comes home with messed up make-up, tangled hair and her mind is off track. She's never off track or day dreaming. She always said the world has no time to day dream about things. Sex is the only thing that would get her mind off stress and difficult times. Since dad isn't here to give her any, she is obvious going to some other man. Father, he was always a sex addict. Don't ask how I know this about my father, but you know how children grow up trying to be like their parents. Well, I crave sex often because I would always smell it on them. I don't understand how that would work out, but yeah. Speaking of which, maybe I could get Ash over and we could have some fun. Wait, he's probably with that stupid Delta chick. I shivered at the thought of his lips on her neck and his hands running over her curves. I shook my head and hurried up the stairs to my room. I changed into an old school tee that was getting small and I would have to throw out soon and a pair of shorts. I pulled my black hair up into a pony tail and sighed. Then I took my phone out of my bag and texted Payton to come over. If Ashton has found a new girl to mess around with, then I will show him that I've found a new guy.
♠ ♠ ♠
I carried through with my end of the deal.
I got +ten subscribes when I asked for three (:
I love you guys! xD
If this isn't super long, I apologize. D; Blame my phone for making it look so.

Song credit in title: Cross My Heart by Marianas Trench.