Soon You'll Scream My Name

I Let You In And You Infected Me

When Ashton finally came back from his long journey to the bathroom to take a piss, he didn't look all too ecstatic. This instantly proved to me that he didn't go to the bathroom at all. He went into the kitchen. Which explains the short amount of time Jamie was gone and Ashton returning. Something went on in that kitchen with those three, and I was bound to figure out what tonight. After I drop Caroline off at home I'll attack him in the car where he can't escape and he must tell me the truth. Besides, I know when my own brother he lying to me. Now, the movies we watched didn't end as quickly as I had wished them to. It was nearly eleven o'clock when Delta had finally decided to kick us all out of her house except for Andra and Jamie who were spending the weekend with her. She hugged Caroline and gave a quick kiss to my cheek. It was like Ashton couldn't get out the front door and into the passenger seat quick enough to save his life. I got into the driver seat as Caroline climbed into the back and lied down. I turned on the radio after I started the car and pulled out of Delta's driveway. Reminds Me I'm Alive by Ivoryline came onto the radio as the orange street lamps ran over us. I could hear Caroline sleepily singing along to lyrics in the back seat. Ashton was sitting beside me just staring out the passenger side window. I wanted to know what he was thinking about, but then again, I probably already know who it is he is thinking about. I didn't want to mention anything while Caroline was in the car, because I was worried that she would slip up and tell Delta by accident if it involves her. Either way, I think Caroline would tell Delta. She has become like an older sister to her, and Caroline practically follows Delta around like a lost puppy; to anybody else it would seem pathetic, but I think it's kind of cute.

I pulled into Caroline's driveway and turned around in the seat after I put the car into park. Caroline had fallen asleep in the back seat. I looked at Ashton. "She's asleep. I'll carry her in and I'll be right back." He didn't even look at me, he just nodded slowly. I got out of the car and opened one of the back side doors and, as carefully as I could, I picked Caroline up bridal style and carried her up to the front door. I couldn't bend down and ring the door bell, I would drop her, so I stood back and pressed my foot against the button and pressed it a couple times. About a minute later Caroline's father opened the door, and a shock of worry hit his face. He looked at me with angry.
"What did you do to her?" He snapped.
I handed her over to him.
"Nothing," I said. "She just fell asleep in the car, sir."
He laughed. "I'm kidding, Dakota. Good-night."
My jaw dropped. This guy really knew how to freak me out sometimes to the point I could piss myself from pure fright.
I jogged back to the car, in a hurry to see what was up with Ashton. I got into the car and slowly pulled out of the driveway. When I got onto the road, I turned the radio off.
I took a deep breath. "Ash,"
"Hm?"
"What's on your mind?"
"Getting in my bed and sleeping." He slurred.
"Be serious." I snapped.
"I am!" He squeaked.
I glanced over at him; the look in his eyes was not him needing sleep.
"Now tell me what's really on your mind."
"It's none of your fucking business."
"You're my brother, it is my business."
Instead of arguing back, he kept quiet.
"Why did you look pissed when you came back into the living room?" I asked in attempt to still get the answer out of him.
"Can you keep it to yourself?"
I nodded. "Cross my heart and hope to die."
He chuckled. "Delta," he said. "Is on my mind."
Score one for Dakota! I'm right, bitches!
"What about her?"
"I think I like her, Dakota."
I glanced at him again. "You think?"
He nodded. "I'm not sure."
I decided to go on to a different question.
"Did you go in the kitchen with her back there?"
"Yeah, I was going to tell her. Then Jamie came in."
I gripped the steering wheel tight. That blond douche.
"What happened?"
"Asked me to leave the room, and I did. I went into the hallway and listened to them. Turns out that they're together."
"Together, as in a couple?" I asked.
"Pretty much. Something I could never keep for her."
I rolled my eyes. "If you'd stop sleeping around she'd probably give you a chance."
"That's the thing, Dakota. I did stop. I haven't gotten laid since the night before we first went to Delta's house."
My jaw half way dropped. "That's the longest you've gone."
"Yeah, and it's just making me want her even more."
"Do you want to be with her?"
"More than anything."
I paused, "Do you really want her?" I asked him.
"Well, duh." He answered.
"You didn't understand my question."
He waited.
"Do you want her for lust, or to love her?"
The rest of the ride home, Ashton never answered my question.
I was pretty sure that he didn't know the answer to it himself.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't believe I've ever written in Dakota's point of view.
Well, there is always a first for everything isn't there?
So considering that, you should go comment & make my day (:

Song credit in title: Contagious by Trapt.