Soon You'll Scream My Name

Open Yourself Up To Me And Surrender

"You can't stay mad at him forever," Caroline stated.
Delta tried to ignore her as she squeezed her turtle shaped pillow pet to her chest.
She knew Caroline was right, but she'd rather not admit that right now.
Now Caroline doesn't like being ignored. She pursed her lips as she picked the penguin pillow up off her lap and tossed it at Delta. It landed smack down on her face. Delta didn't move. She said something, but it was muffled by the black and white pillow.
"What was that?" Caroline smirked. "Didn't quite catch that."
Delta sat up causing the penguin to fall to her lap.
"What the fuck was that for?" Delta repeated.
Caroline smiled. "You were ignoring me. I don't like being ignored."
Delta rolled her eyes. "I'm sorry, Carol. I didn't mean to. I'm just-"
"Frustrated?" Caroline finished for her. Delta forced a small smile on her face.
"That's creepy."
A smile took over Caroline's face.
"Me finishing your sentences?"
Delta nodded. "Duh! It just means that we're-"
"Closer and more connected than you think we are."
Blinking rapidly with a dull expression, Delta said, "You took the words from my mouth."
Caroline have a rather huge grin on her face; ecstatic with her smart thinking.
"But he's just an ass, Caroline." Delta sighed.
"Tell me something I don't already know," Caroline laughed.
"I think I love him."
Caroline's jaw dropped at she stared at Delta, who was staring down at the turtle pillow.
"What the fuck did you just say?" Caroline said slowly.
Delta's head jerked up. "The fuck did you just say?"
"Never mind what I just said. You can't possibly mean that, Delta."
Delta ignored her. "Did you just curse Caroline?"
"Yes!" She said out of frustration. "Why is this a big deal?"
"Don't curse, Carol." Delta said. "At least keep that innocence."
"What do you mean by at least?"
Delta's lips formed into a straight line as she thought of a way to tell her best friend.
"Remember the first time I went to Ash and Dakota's house?"
Caroline nodded her head.
"Well, Ashton went upstairs to get you guys, and he kind of opened the door and saw you two-"
She couldn't finish her sentence. Not because the words wouldn't come out, but because her voice would have been drowned out by Caroline screaming "ew" a dozen times in a row.
"Tell me about it, he even threw up in the sink!" Delta laughed.
Caroline picked up a fuzzy rainbow colored slipper and chucked it at Delta. It missed, and smacked against the wall before falling on the green sheeted bed.
"You tell no one about that!" Caroline snapped.
Delta waved her hand.
"Don't you worry your pretty little head. Ash and I weren't even thinking of telling anybody. He doesn't even like thinking of it."
Caroline's face was blushing a deep shade of pink. She couldn't believe what she just heard.
For the first time in hours, Delta actually smiled.
Not a fake one or a forced one. This was truly real.
Trying to cheer her embarrassed friend up, Delta suggests that the two of them go to Blockbusters to rent a couple movies for the night. Caroline quickly agreed and the two girls laughed their way down the stairs and to Delta's car.

The next morning, Delta woke up with a splitting headache.
Delta noticed Caroline passed out on her bed beside her, and memories from the previous day came rushing back to her all at once that a few of them got mixed together.
Without waking Caroline, Delta got out of her bed and made it out her bedroom door and downstairs. The smell of pancakes drew her into the kitchen. She was surprised to see her mother sitting at the kitchen table in her pink bath robe reading a magazine and drinking her morning coffee. But there was somebody else standing at the stove Delta did not expect to see. He turned around and his green eyes met Delta's and held them for the longest of time.
"Hey, kiddo." He smiled. "Want pancakes?"
Delta's jaw dropped in astonishment.
"Holy shit!" She squealed. "Drake!?"
Delta's mother scolded her. "Watch your mouth, Delta."
Ignoring her, Delta ran over to her long lost friend and literally jumped into his arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
This took a long time, eh? I apologize. A lot has been going on and I haven't had time to turn on my laptop and type anything. The next chapter will be worth reading, I promise (:

Hey, you should go like my best friend's band (Insanity Looks Good In Black) on Facebook! ;D

Bytheway, comments? <3
Title: Can I Take You Home by Breathe Carolina