Soon You'll Scream My Name

I'm Everything We Need To Make This Scene

Dakota and I lost Delta and Caroline down in the basement. They weren't anywhere on the first floor, and Dakota began to freak. Then I saw Caroline heading up the stairs with cookies in her hands with the lovely Delta following behind her also, with cookies in her hands. I had told Dakota this, and that they were most likely heading up to Caroline's room to get away from all the people down here. He wanted to go up and make sure everything was fine, but I assured him that if anything were wrong with Caroline she would know what to do. Damn, ever since Caroline told Dakota she was pregnant Dakota's been a fucking mad man. He is always hovering over her when they are together. I bet she's relaxed that she's just hanging out with Delta right now.
I led Dakota into the kitchen to get us both a can of soda. Caroline didn't want any beer or vodka in the house because she didn't want nothing broken while her parents were away this weekend. So for now we are stuck with either pink lemonade or Mountain Dew. We both knew better than to drink Delta's pink lemonade, so we each grabbed a can of Mountain Dew and leaned against the kitchen counter.
"So," I said taking a sip of my soda. "If Delta doesn't go for Ashton tonight, do you think Caroline would let me take a chance?"
He playfully punched my arm. "The hell gave you the idea that would be cool with her? Besides, Delta thinks of you as more of a brother."
I rolled my eyes. "Oh come on. When we're alone at her house she's always flirting with me. We even made out the other night! If her mom hadn't been sick and came home so damn early Delta probably would have lost her virginity to me."
This time, Dakota rolled his eyes. "Haven't you noticed that Delta is a natural flirt?"
I just stared at him, and he continued. "She flirts with every hot guy or girl she sees."
Before I could say anything more, Ashton came through the door with white flakes of snow clinging to his black hair. He's wearing a plain white hoodie with some black skinny jeans and some white Converse. I nudged Dakota's ribs with my elbow and tilted my head toward the door. He instantly saw Ashton and tensed up beside me.
"Dude," I said. "Chill out, he's just your brother."
Dakota nodded. "I know, but I'm afraid of what Delta will do this time."
He's got a point. When Ashton always tries to get within five feet to talk to Delta, the girl goes crazy and creates a huge attention grabber and then everybody circles around and she yells the shit outta the boy. I hope none of that happens again. I can't believe Ashton would even take all that without fighting back.
Dakota waved his arm in the arm a few times and when Ashton saw us, he made his way through the small crowd of people and into the kitchen.
"Hey guys, what's up?" He said with a typical smile.
"I didn't think you were coming, Ash!" Dakota said, pulling his older brother into an embrace.
My thoughts: Dakota should be a motherfucking actor.
Just seconds he was nervous as hell, now he's all cheerful and fine. He's good...
"I texted Caroline and told her I would be. She didn't tell you?" Ashton said.
Dakota made a confused face, and shook his head.
"She didn't mention anything about you." I said, taking another sip of my soda.
Ashton then realized I was standing here then pulled me into a hug. I'm still not used to all the love and affection that these people show toward each other, and I highly doubt that I ever will be. But if it's from Delta I wouldn't mind..
When he let go of me, he took his phone out of his hoodie pocket and went straight to texting somebody.
"Who you textin'?" Dakota is being nosy again.
"Caroline, telling her I'm here." Ashton answered. He looked up. "Where is little Miss Pregnant anyway?"
"In her room with Delta snacking on the orgasmic cookies I baked." I smirked.
"You mean that we baked." Dakota corrected.
I rolled my eyes and Ashton has fallen silent. His eyes were locked on something behind me. Dakota's eyes followed, and his jaw dropped. I turned around to see what the distraction was and I saw Delta making her way down the stairs and toward us. She didn't glance at me nor Dakota, her eyes were locked with Ashton's.
Now Ashton was in a daze, because when Delta told him that she wanted to talk with him, he didn't say a word. The poor boy stood there as if he were frozen to the spot. Delta repeated herself, which she hates to do, and Ashton finally snapped out of his trance and followed Delta outside to the back porch. Dakota and I scurried after them to drop in on what they were going to talk about, but Delta slammed the door right in our faces. The door smacked me right on my nose and I stumbled backwards into somebody. They pushed me forward easily.
"I'm so sorry." I turned around saying, still rumbaing my nose.
"What's going on?" Caroline asked.
"Shit! Caroline, I didn't see you. I'm sorry, I apologize." I stuttered.
She shook her head and repeated herself. "What's going on?"
"Delta is outside with Ashton right now, and before Drake and I crack the door and listen, she slammed it in our faces."
"Literally." I muttered, holding the cold soda can to my aching nose.
"Well let's just sneak around the house and listen then?" She suggested.
Dakota agreed, of course, and Caroline went back upstairs to grab our jackets. She had slipped on a neon pink hoodie and she handed Dakota his red hoodie and me my green Invader Zim jacket. I put the hood up and Caroline laughed at me. I could see that my dear friend Dakota was not amused, but he's just mad he can't make his girl laugh as much as Ash, Delta and I can.
The three of us headed out the front door into the cold snowing night and tip toed our way around the house to the back. Caroline told us to slide our feet in the snow so that Ashton nor Delta would hear us coming. We did so, and I could feel my feet slowing beginning to freeze through my red Converse. This conversation better be worth it or I'm gonna kill one of these dumbfucks...
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize for the late update. I thought since it was finally summer vacation I would have a ton of time to write chapters, but it seems like I had more time during the school year... But anywho, comments?! :D

Title: Closure by Asking Alexandria <3