Soon You'll Scream My Name

I'll Be There In The Morning To Start It All Again

“You've become a lost puppy,” was the first thing Delta said to Ashton when the door shut.
Ashton sat down on the swinging bench and gave her a puzzling look. “How?”
She rolled her eyes and leaned her back against the wooden rail of the porch as she heard feet crunching down into the snow.
“You've started to act like a love-sick innocent teenage boy. It's not like you.”
“But I wanted to prove to you that I can be faithful, Delta.”
There were hushed voices coming from beside the house, and Delta was amazed how she could hear them quite clearly over the loud music coming from inside the home.
“I understand that,” she said. “But you turned into a whole new person.”
“I'm confused. I'm still the same Ashton I was a year ago.”
Delta shook her head. “A year ago you were sleeping around with girls, getting into fights, swearing like a sailor, and didn't have a care in the world. Now you're the total opposite.”
Ashton took a moment to think. A cold breeze came through and caused Delta to shiver. Ashton noticed, and asked if she wanted his hoodie to wear.
“That's anther example,” she instead said. “You wouldn't have offered that to me if you were the old Ashton.”
“Describe the old Ashton.” He demanded. “I want to know what was so fucking amazing about this guy.”
Delta smirked. She's pissing him off.
“Well,” she began. “The old Ashton was an asshole. He didn't care for nobody but himself. He didn't even care for the feelings of the girls he slept around with all the time. He didn't take relationships seriously, and no girl wanted to be with him except to get a good fuck. The old Ashton was a natural flirt and couldn't keep his hands to himself. He was a total prick and an idiot when it came to school. The old Ashton was the old I nearly said 'I love you' to and meant it.”
Ashton stood up quickly, causing the swinging bench to fly back and hit the house.
“What in the flying fucking hell do you mean that I was—wait, you said all that shit on purpose, didn't you?”
Delta smiled and nodded her head.
“You little whore!”
From around the house, Dakota and Caroline busted into laughter and fell into the snow.
Ashton and Delta could now see both of them, and Drake walked out around them and looked at Delta.
“Do you really love him, Delta?” Drake asked with a serious expression on his face.
The two in the snow hushed as they wanted to hear the answer.
Ashton looked taken aback. “Is that right?”
Delta looked at her friends then down at her feet. She was speechless.
“Well?” Drake snapped after a long pause. He was becoming very impatient.
Dakota stood up and he took Caroline's hand to help her to her stand.
“Honey, why is it taking you so long to think of an answer?” Caroline spoke quietly.
Instead of looking up at Caroline or Drake or even Dakota, Delta's eyes locked with Ashton's.
“I love you,” was all she said before she rushed past Ashton and into the house to avoid being bombed with questions or hear an argument begin between Drake and Ashton that Dakota will eventually have to get in the middle of to keep them from killing one another.
Drake was frozen in place as Caroline let go of Dakota's hand to walk up the steps to Ashton.
“Do you honestly love her back, Ash?” She asked. “Or are you still determined to hear her scream in bed?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I meant to have a long update since I haven't posted anything in months, but I accidentally pressed the backspace button when I went to copy and paste the chapter. My apologies!
But anywhore, guess what guys? I got a laptop! My very own. <3
So now I'll be able to update whenever I have free time :D
If you're as ecstatic about that as I am, you should comment!

Title: Hey There, Mr. Brooks by Asking Alexandria.