Soon You'll Scream My Name

Some Nights I Wish That This All Would End

Two weeks into the year.
And it has been a whole month since I last spoke to Ashton. We pass by each other every day at school and, of course, we attend the same few classes. Though in those moments, not once does our eyes meet. He doesn't glance in my direction or made rude remarks about a question I answer in class anymore. I actually miss it.
Time after time I had tried to get his attention by either shouting something in the hall or trying to get a note to him in class. I tried texting and calling him, but all I received was his voicemail and unanswered messages.
Then one day I finally broke.
I pulled him into a janitor's closet when he passed by.
"What the hell," he looked at me and narrowed his eyes. "What do you want?"
"I want to talk, Ashton." I began.
"Oh, so now you want to talk after all the time I tried to get your attention? Why should I give you the time of day when all you did was embarrass me in front of everyone?"
He was right, I don't deserve his precious time. But I need to tell him.
"I was only doing that because you never stopped trying."
He raised an eyebrow. "You enjoyed my determination to get you to like me?"
"That wasn't the real you, Ashton. That was someone you were pretending to be."
"That was only to get you to like me, Delta. I thought you wanted me to change!"
"I wanted to be your only, Ash. Your only. I didn't want to have to share you with a dozen other girls."
"What about you and all those people you flirt with on a daily basis?"
I stood straight up. "You can ask Caroline or Dakota. I haven't flirted with a soul."
"Now even Drake?" He quickly asked.
"Why would I flirt with Drake? He's like a brother to me."
He became angry and raised his voice. I'm sure if there were anyone in the hall they heard him. "Then why was I about to walk in my house and heard him telling Dakota that you two were making out and nearly had sex?"
I couldn't resist snorting. "Are you serious? He tried feeling me up and I refused him. Even back in our town I refused because he's been like my brother."
It looked like a sight of relief has washed over him. "Really?"
I nodded, and a grin appeared on Ashton's face.
Smiling, I asked, "So can we give this, us, a chance?"
His ecstatic expression disappeared as quickly as it appeared.
"Just because that has been cleared up doesn't mean we can, Delta. With all that has happened you really expect me to just welcome you back into my life after a month of Drake threatening me?"
What? "He's been threatening you?"
Ashton walked in a small circle and wiped his mouth. "Since that night. He's been saying if I even look in your direction he'll slit my throat or some crazy shit like that."
I thought for a moment. That's not like Drake at all...
While I was getting lot in my thoughts, the bell rang and Ashton headed for the door.
"That signals the end of my free period, and I need to get to my trig class. I'm actually passing all of my classes now with an A, if you were interested to know."
I followed him out the door and before he could escape down the hall I hurried up to him and got in front of him. "Tell me one thing though."
He glanced behind me and then locked eyes with me. He seemed to be becoming anxious. Did he really want to get to his class?
"Are you and Charmaine over?"
He looked as if he were expecting something else, but nonetheless he actually answered me. "We've been over for weeks, Delta."
I smiled, and places my hands on either side of his face and kissed him. He didn't pull away. He leaned into me and I felt his hands wrap around my waist and pull me close to him. People around us began to whisper but I didn't care; in this moment I had Ashton Watkins all to myself. No one could take him away from me now. When we parted for air, the late bell rang and students were scrambling to get to class. Ashton smiled, pecked my cheek and hurried off to class. When I turned to watch him go he passed by Drake, who glared at him, then his eyes fell on me as he made his way toward me.
"What the fuck are you doing with him, Delta?"
I held my nose in the air and walked around him. "That is certainly non of your business what I do, Drake."
He grabbed my arm and spun me around. The hallway was clear. If I screamed, would someone likely hear me? Would Ashton, Dakota, or Caroline hear me?
"Let me go, Drake."
He pushed me into the lockers so hard a shiver went up my spine and his forearm was across my chest. Something cold was pressed to my throat.
"If I see you with him again, I'll slit his throat, then yours."
I realize the cold object pressed against my throat was his knife he carries, and it was digging into my skin. I looked him straight in the eyes and we heard foot steps of heels clicking down the hall. A teacher. He slipped his knife back into his pocket and backed away from me, pointing a finger at me. Then he was gone down the hall in the opposite direction of where the clicking was coming from. I slid down to the floor and pulled my knees to my chest.
What was I going to do?
♠ ♠ ♠
So I've been thinking about writing a story with someone. Any takers? <3

Title: Some Nights - Fun.