Soon You'll Scream My Name

If I Let You Go Would The Scars Continue To Show

When Dakota led me to a table at the far end of the cafeteria I noticed only a girl sitting there, playing on her phone. I smiled and gave her a hug. "Hey, Caroline!" I said.
Dakota looked shocked.
"How does a girl like you know Caroline?" He asked sitting down across from her. I sat between them and said, "How could I not?"
Caroline spoke. "Delta and I have first hour together."
Dakota's jaw dropped. "You even got her to talk willingly. You are a God, Delta."
I smirked. "Not to brag but, I know I am."
Caroline looked at me. "You seem very nice."
I smiled. "You're voice is adorable. Why don't you talk?"
She pressed her lips into a straight line and Dakota said, "Here, I'll tell you."
Caroline put a hand up. "No, Dakota, I will."
Dakota leaned back with his hands up as if he was going to be shot at.
She looked at me and said, "My father and I were driving to my mother's house, because I spent the weekends at my dad's when I was younger. It was snowing, and the road was covered in ice. He had been drinking a bit, and dozed off behind the wheel. He ran into a truck going the opposite way. I survived because I was lying in the backseat. He, however, died on impact."
My jaw dropped. "I'm so sorry, Carol."
She shook her head. "My father beat me, so I don't mind that he's dead. I didn't quite care."
"And she was only seven." Dakota added.
"Damn, that's something you don't hear everyday."
"Yeah, like you're story of why you're here." She giggled.
Dakota leaned back towards the table.
"The one you gave during history scared the fuck outta half the kids." He laughed.
I smiled. "Did they actually believe I put somebody in a coma?"
He nodded. "At this school, there are kids that will believe you can walk on water if you told them."
"Wow, I'm going to get by pretty well here."
"You've already made quite an impression on this school already." Dakota says. "Juniors know who you are and even Freshmen do."
"That's crazy." I say. "But I was hoping to make one here."
"Why is that?" Caroline asked.
"I like the attention. I guess you could call me an attention whore if you must."
She laughed. "So you are staying for the rest of the year?"
I nodded. "Duh, I like this place."
"That's good." Dakota mumbled.
"Why is that good? That I'm staying." I asked him.
"Because this high school hasn't had anyone as interesting as you since Payton Rowe came here in our freshman year."
"Then everything died down and became boring?"
"Well, let's just say it got pretty old by time our Sophomore year was over." Caroline says.
"But now that you're here, you've set up some major buzz. I haven't gone ten minutes without somebody mentioning your name."
"What can I say? I get famous quick." I smirk.
"You obviously do."
"And apparently we are too, Caroline. Just glance around; look how many eyes are on us."
Caroline and I glance around to notice that almost half the teenagers in the cafeteria are staring at us; watching our every move.
"Alright, I love attention, but it feels like I'm being stalked." I shiver.
"I think you are. Look whose coming."
A black haired boy is walking toward our table. He's from my sixth hour class. He came over and pulled up a chair beside me.
"So I hear you're the famous Delta Underwood?" He asks.
"So I hear you're the famous Payton Rowe?" I decide to ask him.
"Why yes, yes am I. I also hear that you left my best friend up in the library and injured him in the hall."
"Things get around quick in this school, don't they?" I asked.
"Well, everyone does have a phone." He points out.
"Payton, go back to your slut table." Dakota says.
"Fuck off, Dakota. I wasn't talking to you."
"Hey, watch who you're talking to." I say to Payton.
He gives me a look. "Watch who you're talking to, you whore."
I stand up, followed by Payton.
"Don't you fucking call me a whore again." I say, giving him a push on his chest.
"Or what? You're going to hit me?"
"No," I say. "I'm going to knock you the fuck out."
"Try it, bitch. I won't hesitate to hit you back."
Right when I was about to take a swing at him, somebody stepped between us.
Dakota and Ashton.
♠ ♠ ♠
Suckish update, yes? I don't know. I kind of hurried through this a bit.
But you guys should comment. What you like / hate / what you think.
:D

Song credit in title: Let It Go by Escape The Fate.