The Hunt

***er.

It was three weeks later that he handed me the knife with darkened eyes and hooded lids. His fingers dusted against my skin, trailing down my arm and curling around my own slender fingers. I felt the brush of metal against my back and my body froze in fear, the dark chuckle that sounded against my neck causing my heart to pick up its pace.

His lips were against my skin, the metal pressing further into my back. Flames ignited my body, clouds of euphoria claiming my mind as his poisonous lips moved against my feverish skin.

The metal was cold and shocking, and my eyes widened as I felt a trickle of blood dribbling down my back. There was a smile on his lips as he leaned down, his hands gripping painfully tight onto my hips as he ran his tongue against my bare skin, swirling it around to lick up the blood. My body collapsed around me, falling into his arms which were momentarily there to catch me. He pulled me against his body, running his blood-stained lips down my neck and leaving scarlet prints in his wake.

“My gem,” he breathed, his breath dancing around my skin and drugging my body. “I have a gift for you.”

The metal was there again and a gasp left my lips, my back arching to get away from the crescent blade. Chuckling so quietly that it was almost swept away with the wind, he pulled it away from my back and held it out to me in extended hands. “For you, Charlotte.”

My breathing was staggered and coming out in short bursts as I stared at the object, terrified by its animosity but enthralled because it was held in his hands. He picked the blade up, directing its pointed tip towards his index finger and pressing down on the skin so deeply that a drop of scarlet blood dribbled down his hand. I flinched as though the weapon had been inflicted on me too, and watched in fearful awe as blood trailed down his wrist.

The corners of his lips tugged up as he cupped my cheek with his spare hand, before bringing the bleeding finger up to my cheek and pressing it against my skin. His touch was hard and ice-cold as he painted a pattern into my skin with his blood, before pulling back and flicking his tongue over the open wound.

A six-sided star was present on my cheek -- drawn in his own blood, and it slowly deformed as the blood dripped down my face. Admiring his work, he leaned in towards my frozen figure and ran his tongue over my cheek, and flames erupted through my body as he licked the dripping liquid off of my skin.

So drugged on his touch, I didn’t notice him grabbing my hands until the knife was pressed against my palm and my fingers were curling around it. He stepped away, leaving me staring down at the weapon with wide eyes and a frantic heartbeat. “Dra-“

His snarl interrupted me, his fangs slipping through the gap between his teeth as he glared at me with blackened eyes. I flinched, taking a step backwards with my hands clenching painfully tightly around the knife. “What’s it for?” I whispered, my voice croaky and quiet.

He stepped forward, burying his head into the crook of my neck so that his breath was dancing across my bare shoulder. I froze, loving his touch but flinching away from him as my body reacted to such a deadly creature. I was scared to hear the answer; terrified because I almost knew what it would be.

He pressed a kiss against my neck, my body tingling as he caressed my skin with his nose. “You will use it to kill people, of course,” he whispered, his lips curving into a smile against my flesh.

A huff of air left my lips, my body going as cold as the air that surrounded me. My heart thumped frantically, my mouth going painfully dry as I flinched away from his touch. “I’ll never kill anyone,” I breathed, my eyes clouding over with unshed tears and my head mindlessly tilted towards his body.

He laughed, the sound dark and menacing but utterly enticing and seductive. “Did you not say that you would do anything for me?” he whispered into my ear, his canine teeth grinding against the flesh behind my ear. I didn’t speak, and he laughed again. “You promised, my dear Charlotte.” His lips curled into a snarl and he brushed them over my skin, eliciting a gasp from my mouth.

I wanted to lie and say that I hadn’t and that I would never change myself and my morals for him, but I knew that I had already changed. I had transformed into nothing but a writhing mass of flesh and blood, with tingling skin and a heart that longed for a monster. But no matter how strongly he held me captive, I would never draw blood for him.

It was four days later that I committed murder for the first time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Now we're getting into things. XD