Nightmare

First Fight

We were heading right into the forest, right into wolf territory. On a school bus filled with kids. Kids that may or may not have weapons. I sighed and looked around. Every eye was trained on a window and every face showed signs of stress. So they knew. Maybe they were more likely to have weapons then.
I glanced back at my partner, who smiled grimly. As always, our thoughts were in the same place. I nodded at him and was about to speak when a girl in the back of the bus screamed. Shit! She had seen a wolf and i had missed it. I growled under my breath then focused on the trees outside the window. Yes, there were wolves out there. I no longer payed attention to the noises of fear coming from around me. But Andrew clearly was.
"Quiet everybody. Every time we move or talk they here us. We have to be quiet." I almost laughed at his lie. They could hear our hearts beating from a mile away. A little more noise wouldn't make a difference. Suddenly one of the wolves slammed into the side of the bus, directly at where i was crouched. I stifled a scream of pain and moved away from the wall of the bus.
I glanced up at the girl next to me, Shelby. She was not one of my team but i could see in her eyes a willingness to fight. She pulled out a butcher knife. I had no clue how the hell she managed to get on the bus with that thing in her bag but it would certainly help. I glanced down at my leg and was pleased that i didn't see blood darkening my jeans. Then i focused on the window again. Another wolf ran up along the bus, clearly ready to jump in through the open window. Right when it jumped i went to close the window, and ended up with my hand under Andrew's. It felt like an electric shock but i ignored it and watched the wolf lunge for the bus. On the third try, Andrew opened the window and managed to slip out of the way in time for every kid around us to attack.
It only took about a minute to kill the first wolf and drag it into the bus. Once it was inside, Andrew took charge and began dismantling it. He took off the claws and canine teeth, which can be used as weapons. I stared down at the mutant. This one really didn't even resemble a wolf. Its back legs were impossibly long and thin,more like stilts than legs. Its head was huge,shaped like a pit bull's. Its body was thin, starved. And the whole thing was covered in brown fur. But the worst was the eyes. Human eyes,in every color. I hated looking at the eyes, so i turned away.
All throughout the bus kids were fighting. My group was doing their jobs smoothly just as we have done three times before. Suddenly there was a deep growl behind me and i could feel hot breathe on the back of my neck. I panicked, froze and could feel its claws about to slice into me. Then there was a call to "get down!"
i unfroze and hit the floor and watched as three tiny bombs,wasps, found there target. The wolf that had suddenly appeared behind me was huge. Far bigger than any my team had seen before. Its claws looked to be over an inch long. i shuddered at the thought of those claws in my back. The wasps exploded, covering me with blood and guts.
I glanced back towards where the wasps had come from and nodded thanks to Julia. I knew from the look on her face that she had set them off,even though she hadn't warned anyone. i shook my head at her recklessness but couldn't help but smile...
The kids had already pushed the disfigured wolf back out the window,barely fazed by the deep red blood. No sooner had it been pushed out when another jumped in its place. I quickly slit its throat and pulled it inside,ignoring the blood that was covering every surface of the bus. i hoped the other bus was doing better. Half my team was on that bus, and i could really use some of them. i glanced back, trying to see out the window. But it was useless, like trying to see through... well, a window covered in blood, fur and by the looks of it, possibly some organs.
Suddenly the bus driver called out "The other bus is turning around!"
♠ ♠ ♠
this story is based of the dream i had last night. it freaked me out, so i wrote it down. and ended up with this!