Nightmare

plans

Julia seemed to know why we were in my dorm instead of the cafe, so she went right to the mini-fridge i kept in there and pulled out a water bottle. it was the only thing i kept in there, but she didn't complain.
" so what was that stunt you pulled today with the wasp?" i noticed how that was what we all called it, a "stunt" not a stupid move, not an accident.
"that wolf was huge. you panicked. you needed help. i gave you warning, didn't i?" her voice offset her words and she did actually seem sorry for scaring me, if a little smug. instead of getting into the details of it (we both knew it was Megan, not her) i just changed the subject.
"how are you Julia? Andrew said you took what happened hard, harder than the rest."
" you know i didn't have any family before this. i found that with you guys, and something I'm good at" she smiled evilly, she had been a total pyro before the wolves, which is the only reason i didn't take all her bombs away. it wouldn't do any good, she would just make more anyway.
"you are okay though, right? i mean, as okay as can be expected?"
"of course Alice. you aren't though. you were holding back tears when we ran into each other. what was that about?"
" its nothing..." i really didn't want to talk to her about this. i. did. not. want. this. she seemed to understand because she let it go.
"when are they going to be done with the cafeteria? I'm starving, and you don't have any food in here!"
" they won't be for awhile. Brigid and Ashley were on there own in there, last time i checked. we will have to arrange to eat somewhere else, i guess." that was one of the cool things about this place. we were in an old college, it was fairly small, and the dorms were connected to the main building. we stayed near the dorms and cafe, but really we had the entire school if we ever needed it. thank the gods too, with all the extra kids, we would need the room. only a few adults were here, and they mostly stayed out of our way, they knew that we knew what was going on better than they did, we only had to go to them with big decisions, like where to keep all theses new kids. the dorms were already filled with families and kids that had no where else to go. the classrooms were our only option at this point.
"earth to Alice, did you hear me?"
"huh? no, sorry Julia, i was thinking. what did you say?"
"i said, now that we know why the wolves kid-napped those kids, don't you think we should go after them? the kids on our bus had siblings. and, do we really want to have to fight half our team? i don't want to do that Alice!" tears came to her eyes again, and i hushed her gently.
"don't think about that Julia. we will go after them, but we need to find people to help us. i had been talking to Andrew, and he agrees. the kids on our bus would be willing to fight, i think we should let them join."
"so just replace the people we lost? just replace our family?!"
"shh... no Julia, just get new fighters. they have to pull their weight around here, like anyone else. if they work with us, then they won't be a burden on the school."
"oh... okay, yea, i guess that's a good idea. Alice?"
"yea?"
"i miss them... a lot"
"we all do, Julia, we all do"
♠ ♠ ♠
this chapter is a bit shorter than the rest, but it seemed like a good place to stop, so...yea...