Status: Completed

Heartless Reaper

Eleven

When I arrived at Sam’s house, the whole pack heard my entrance and rushed out to meet me.
“Peri!” shouted Embry, running towards me and embracing me in a suffocating hug.
Suddenly more arms were around me and I was surrounded by heat.
“Give her some space boys; she has a lot of explaining to do,” ordered Sam and all arms pulled away.
I smiled at the leader and we all squeezed into the house and I was once again surrounded.
“Where the hell did you go off to with that bloodsucker?” shouted Jared, glaring at me.
Jacob was the only one who didn’t glare at me.
“Guys! Calm down a little. I have a reasonable explanation for my disappearance,” I started.
“Why did you listen to Jacob? He was angry and stupid!” Jared continued.
“Jared!” I hissed, grabbing his lips between my fingers.
“Boys, let her speak. Personally I want to hear what this is about. Jacob only knows she went with the bloodsucker but not where or what she did,” Sam said calmly.
I looked gratefully at Sam and took my hand away from Jared.
“Okay, so look… Alice Cullen came back as you all know and the deal was that Edward was going to kill himself by confronting the Volturi, a group of ruthless vampires, because he thought Bella died when Alice saw her jumping off a cliff. Remember that Sam and Jacob?
“So what happened was that Alice and Jacob had this massive fight, and you probably know that too… But Jacob in the end asked me to go with Bella and probably meant for me to keep watch. I went with Alice and Bella and we went to Italy. That’s where the Volturi reside.
“Overall, we saved Edward and the Volturi wanted to talk to us. They started going on about how Bella knows too much and needs to die…” I said and saw Jacob flinch.
I took a deep breath, “But I knew Aro, their leader. His clan is afraid of me so I took care of it and we escaped with no big trouble… I spent the last night at the Cullen’s house and now…”
I stopped myself before I could say that I was going to stay there because I didn’t want to upset Jacob… I shouldn’t mention the whole vampire vote thing either.
“Now…?” asked Paul.
“Now it’s over. I’m back,” I finished.
“But are they back?” growled Paul.
I bit my lip hard and that was the only answer they needed. Jacob howled, running out of the house in a blur.
“Damn, this is upsetting,” said Jared.
Embry wrapped an arm around my shoulder, “Don’t worry Peri, Jake’s alright.”
I glared at him wondering how he knew I was worrying about Jacob.
“C’mon,” said Embry, pulling me out of the house.
We ran forward in the direction of the beach, our feet pounding the ground as we ran.
Embry pushed me into the water once we were close enough and I gasped as I fell in the cold waves.
“Ugh! Embry!” I shouted.
Embry laughed loudly and ran away from me as I charged at him. I grabbed his waist and pulled him down onto the sand. We stared at each other intensely for a few long seconds.
“Peri,” he breathed, his breath warm.
I didn’t know what was going on, but suddenly Embry’s head moved closer to mine and then I was attacked.
“You prick!” screamed Jacob wearing only a pair of shorts.
I was on the ground near the tide with sand on me from Jacob’s tackle. I rolled myself to face Embry and Jacob.
Embry retreated back with his hands in the air, “What did I do?”
“You tried kissing her! Don’t deny it! I saw you!” hissed Jacob, shoving the other boy.
“Are you sure?” Embry challenged, standing his ground.
“Yeah! I saw your lips moving closer to hers…”
“I only tried it because you’re too much of a coward to do it yourself,” said Embry suddenly.
I looked at Embry in confusion.
“What are you guys talking about?” I asked.
Embry laughed loudly, “Jacob, please! This is the moment to tell her!”
Jacob glared at him and pushed him hard again, “Shut up!”
“You need to get over Bella, Jake! Move on and wave goodbye, she ain’t the one! ‘S now the best time to tell Peri,” Embry urged. “We’re tired of it man; you moping around after Bella…”
“So you’re just forcing this situation on me because you’re tired of the way I act!?” yelled Jacob.
“Guys! Shut up!” I finally shouted, pulling them apart with my hands on their chests.
My violet eyes flashed brightly as I looked at both of them.
“What the hell is going on with you two? Stop fighting and start talking like gentlemen!” I yelled.
Jacob looked apologetically at me, “Sorry Peri.”
Embry grinned, “C’mon Peri; ask Jake what’s going on.”
I looked at the boy who ignites emotions inside of me like no other, “Jacob Black, please tell me what’s going on and don’t leave me in the dark.”
Jacob sighed, “You already know about imprinting, right?”
I pulled my hands away from the two boys and growled, “Imprinting, imprinting, imprinting! That doesn’t help me at all! Just come out with it already, Jacob Black!” I hissed.
“Bella isn’t my imprint…” said Jacob slowly.
I glared at the boy, “Spit it out. You’re telling me what I already know.”
Embry nudged Jacob, “Don’t worry Jake, just remember the power of imprinting.”
Jacob nodded and inhaled a big breath, “Peri, you see… The thing is… Well… Um…”
Embry punched him hard in the arm.
“You’re my imprint, Peri; my everything,” Jacob finally said, looking deeply into my eyes before pressing his lips against mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I have no excuses for taking so long... But I'm going to name them anyway: acceleration work since I'm moving soon, viruses attacking my computer, and spring break. And I know, this is such a short chapter when I should give you guys more... But I wanted to push something out before I take any longer.
I love you, my readers. :P Even you silent ones (I'm one myself).