Status: Completed

Heartless Reaper

Twelve

His lips were so soft… His breath was warm and burned my lips. This was something I’ve never experienced before and it felt unreal… Like a fantasy I’m suddenly living in.
I felt complete with his arms around me and his tongue dominating my mouth. It was a strange sensation that made me shiver.
My head suddenly reminded me that I have no heart.
This isn’t possible.
“Get the fuck off me,” I snarled, pushing Jacob off of me hard.
My lips felt empty when he was gone and I still felt the invisible kiss.
“Peri…” pleaded Jacob, his eyes full of hurt.
“Don’t you ever fucking do that again, Jacob Black!”
Embry’s mouth was open in shock as he stared at my reaction.
I glared at him and he cowered back.
“You already know, Jacob Black, that I cannot love! You just kissed nothing and wasted my time, are you happy now!?” I growled and pushed through the two boys, running towards anywhere from shirtless, tanned boys.
I ran past the La Push treaty line I was told about and ran towards the Cullen’s home. It was an inviting picture.
Alice immediately opened the door to let me in, her cold arms wrapping around me as I heaved out dry sobs.
“What happened?” she asked, pushing my hair away from my face with one hand and her other stroking my back.
I didn’t answer her, I just sat in her arms shaking with sobs that weren’t even real.
Emmett came into the entry way from the living room, his eyes curious as he saw me.
“What’s wrong with Peri?” he asked.
“I don’t quite know yet. She just came back from the dogs,” Alice muttered softly.
“Yet she doesn’t smell like them,” Emmett said thoughtfully, leaning down to sniff me.
“Don’t do that,” scolded Alice, “She’s not in a good mood!”
“What’s wrong Peri?” asked Emmett, sitting down next to us.
“I hate emotions,” I growled, pulling away from Alice, “I fucking hate it!”
“What happened?” asked Alice, grabbing my face between her freezing hands; it felt nice against my hot face.
“Jacob Black kissed me when he had no right to,” I hissed.
“A mutt kissed you? I’m going to kill him!” shouted Emmett.
I closed my eyes and rubbed my temples, “Don’t. It’s not his fault. It’s the “power of the imprint”,” I groaned.
They both gasped, “A dog imprinted on you!” they said in unison.
I nodded glumly, “Apparently.”
Alice exhaled sharply, “What are you going to do?”
“I don’t know. Stay with you guys and try to forget about it. There should be a written law that a reaper can’t love,” I mumbled.
“A problem isn’t fixed by forgetting about it,” said Emmett softly.
“You think I don’t know that?” I snarled, “I have thousands of years of knowledge in my head that I barely use.”
I then held my head in my hands, “Sorry, I’m not trying to let my anger out on you guys.”
“We understand,” whispered Alice politely.
They sat with me as I looked down at the ground in deep thought.
“How can someone without a heart love?” I whispered to myself, closing my eyes tightly.
I felt hands wrap around my biceps and suddenly I was pulled up.
Alice was smiling softly, “Let’s take your mind off of the mongrels, let’s go shopping!” she said excitedly.
I grinned back and nodded.
Emmett rolled his eyes at his little sister and gave me a hug, “If you ever want one of those dogs taken down, just talk to me and I’ll take care of it.”
I punched him in his cheek playfully and Alice dragged me outside and we hopped into her car.
“I can’t wait to see what you’ll fit in! We’ll shop until we drop and you know how long that will take!” Alice said happily.
I smiled contently as she started going into detail with stores that I’ve never heard of and brands that are unknown to me. I just get what I like and that’s all I need to know about clothes.
The whole rest of the day I was dragged into stores and trying on all sorts of clothes that I liked and disliked. We didn’t eat all day, but that was fine with us. Alice bought me enough clothes to supply 4 rampaging teenage girls.
“Today was so fun!” Alice squealed, grinning at me.
I smiled, “Indeed.”
When she stopped the car in front of the Cullen home, I turned to her and hugged her tightly.
“Thank you Alice.”
Her aroma filled my nose as she hugged back, “Your welcome,” she said.
I felt at ease with the Cullens, more than I have with anyone else. The shifters made me too… Emotional.
Suddenly Edward pushed out of the house with a determined look on his face, his eyes a bright golden from hunting recently.
“Alice,” Edward greeted, but his tone suggested that she should go inside.
I watched as the pixie girl retreated into the home with tons of bags and cases piled upon her arms and it was now just Edward and me outside together.
“Hello Edward, I’m Peri. I think the last time we met, it was under tight circumstances,” I greeted softly, looking intensely at him.
Edward smiled politely, “Yes, quite. I’m sorry for my rude behaviors before, you see…”
“I know the story, Cullen. You’re forgiven. Bella is an important matter to you, I know,” I said coolly.
Edward patiently looked at me and nodded, “Yes, she is my life. I’m forever grateful to you for saving my life and even my family’s life from the Volturi. I never thanked you before so I am now,” Edward said, then held out his hand.
“I can’t thank you enough, Peri, for what you’ve done for me. I can’t believe how much you’ve done already. You’ve saved my love’s life and you saved mine. You save my family in a safe escape from the Volturi. I am in debt to you,” Edward finished, his eyes emotional and his voice sincere.
I took his hand and grinned, “Don’t you have a girlfriend to get back to?”
Edward grinned back and clasped my shoulder, “Thank you again, Peri.”
And he was gone.
I entered the home I knew I was welcomed in and walked towards the living room to find Emmett, Jasper, and Rosalie watching sports.
“Alice is upstairs throwing your new clothes into Emmett’s room,” said Rosalie, looking up from the screen to stare at me.
“Huh?” I said, “What do you mean his room?”
Emmett got up in a flash and wrapped his arm around my shoulder, “My manly room is now going to be your room while you stay here.”
“Where are you...” I mumbled, but then stopped myself. They don’t even sleep so does it really matter?
“I volunteered, you’re welcome,” Emmett grinned and once again was on the sofa and my shoulders free.
“Thanks Emmett,” I said, smiling.
Jasper’s topaz eyes flickered to look at me, but then he looked away and frowned. I think he doesn’t like me.
“Peri, don’t worry, I don’t have any hostile feelings towards you,” said Jasper suddenly, his eyes back on me.
I stared sharply at him, “What? Can you read my supposedly unreadable mind unlike Edward?”
Jasper laughed, “No. But I can sense your emotion and your facial expression makes it easy to decipher.”
I folded my arms defensively. I get too comfortable with these Cullens. “Okay, then what’s your deal? To say it simply,” I said.
He grinned, “Your emotions just confuse me. To be around a reaper for the first time, it really throws me off. Let’s say… I can feel all the emotions around me and manipulate them, but for you… I can sense your feelings, but it’s very blurred and makes me dizzy. It’s very confusing.”
“Oh I see what you mean,” I said, nodding because even my emotions confuse me, “I am sorry.”
“It’s okay, really,” said Jasper.
I nodded at him once again and then turned around to climb the stairs to Emmett’s room.
The clothes were obviously already in the drawers and hung in the closets where Emmett’s clothes were hung up too, but to the side. I found Alice straightening the room and whistling a tune.
“Hello Peri,” she greeted excitedly, smiling up at me.
I smiled back, “Hi. You don’t need to change anything in here, I actually like the masculine smell and the frames. Pretty nice room,” I said honestly.
Alice frowned, “But I wanted to redecorate!”
“It’s fine, Alice,” I laughed, patting her shoulder.
The girl pouted at me, “Please!”
I rolled my eyes, but smiled, “Fine, go for it Alice.”
Alice hugged me tightly and zoomed back to get busy with the room again.
“Peri!” someone shouted.
I ran downstairs and found an angry looking Emmett being comforted by Rosalie.
“What happened?” I asked.
“A mutt asked for you,” snarled Emmett, “You better go see him before I rip him into shreds.”
“Calm down Emmett,” Rosalie cooed, rubbing his chest soothingly.
I held my hands out, “Don’t worry, I’ll take care of it.”
Emmett broke away from Rosalie, “I’m coming with you.”
“No, you’re letting your anger get the best of you, Emmett,” I reasoned, walking out of the house.
Emmett chased after me and grabbed my hands, “I’m coming with you,” he insisted, determination clear in his eyes.
I sighed, “Okay, lead me to the shifters then.”
Emmett took my hand and pulled me to the direction of the treaty line.
The shifter that I found there was none other than Jacob Black looking even angrier than Emmett.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know... It's been a month since I've updated. I'm sorry. :/ But I've been really busy with the move from the house and acceleration homework. But at least now I'm in a hotel and I have 8 more days before I'm moving! D: Yikes!