Status: Completed

Heartless Reaper

Fourteen

Rosalie is avoiding me.
Literally, if I enter the room she’s in, she leaves. If I try talking to her, she pretends I don’t exist. I feel awful.
Emmett and I haven’t even talked ever since yesterday where we held each other.
I think he feels awful too.
“Rosalie doesn’t hate you,” assured Alice for the hundredth time.
“Yeah, sure,” I muttered, lying on the new white bed with black railings. It was higher than the normal bed.
The whole room was redecorated to where the walls were white and the carpet purple, but the furniture leaning to darker colors like shades of dark grey and black. I thought it looked lovely, but I think Alice went overboard. All the furniture was new!
The only things left of Emmett were his clothes in the closet.
That reminds me, Emmett isn’t even allowed in Rosalie’s room ever since they were told about yesterday.
“She honestly doesn’t. She’s just very upset that Emmett suddenly likes you more than he should. She’ll get over it soon enough,” Alice insisted, “She actually likes you a lot; usually she hates everybody she meets, but she doesn’t hate you.”
I groaned and rolled over on the bed, laying on my stomach, “I’m jinxed. If I try to do anything that has to do with love, it ends up bad.”
“That’s not true.”
I didn’t look at the new vampire in my room; I already knew who it was.
Alice left the room without a goodbye, apparently guessed this was a private session.
“I’m sorry,” I muttered, frowning as I stared at the vampire.
“You don’t have to be, it’s not your fault,” said Rosalie, sitting on the bed calmly.
I sighed, “I didn’t mean to accept it… I just wanted to try.”
“I understand, but I can’t give him up that easily just to you. I’m mad at Emmett, but not you. You’re like a new born baby with love and don’t understand the meaning of it,” Rosalie said, smirking.
I nodded, sighing out in relief that she didn’t hate me, but also sad that Emmett is the only one getting the anger of Rosalie Cullen.
Rosalie smiled sincerely, “Don’t worry Peri, you’ll understand soon enough,” and she left with the smile still on her face.
I hugged my body and sighed again, my thoughts immediately on Jacob Black. Why do I always think of him when I have the chance to? It’s like a habit now for my mind to venture on his name.
“I hate you, Jacob Black,” I whispered to myself.
But I knew those words were lies; I would and could never hate him.
“Stupid imprint,” I growled.
This town is making me act like the reaper I once was in the beginning; ignorant and immature. I feel too human and too selfish. I’m pathetic.
I got up and grabbed a purple plaid shirt and black jeans. I had a wide selection of clothes now and I decided to match my room.
It was like I wasn’t controlling myself as I walked forward, out of the house and onto the land of the shifters. I found myself in front of the house of Billy Black.
I was guessing that it was too early for Jacob Black to be awake since it’s still in the morning, but I can never know.
The door opened after I knocked to reveal the one who I wanted to see.
“Hello Jacob Black,” I whispered quietly.
“Peri!” he exclaimed happily and pulled me into his large arms.
I smiled; content that he isn’t mad at me and that I’m in his arms. It feels so right being with him, maybe this once I can let myself enjoy it.
I leaned into him, laying my head against his chest and hearing that mesmerizing sound of his heart thumping quickly through his chest.
“I could fall asleep when I listen to your heart,” I murmured softly, closing my eyes.
“You’re always invited to.”
I chuckled, “Oh Jacob Black, what am I going to do with you? With anyone? I don’t know who I am anymore. I feel like a child.”
“You’re too old to think of yourself as a child and I know exactly who you are,” said Jacob into my hair, “You’re Peri.”
I laughed an empty laugh, “That’s just a name; it’s nothing.”
“That’s not true,” he said and pulled my face to look up at his deep brown eyes.
“Peri, you are a reaper who has never experienced love and is only just now confused because you’re venturing into an area you’ve never experienced before. You have choices and you don’t know what to pick. But let me tell you Peri, you’re now playing the game of life. If you want love, I can give it to you. But it’s only your choice to give back the love. Don’t you dare tell me you can’t do it. Even Death has some kind of love.”
I smiled, “He loves his reapers?” hope was in my voice.
“That’s the spirit, Peri,” laughed Jacob, hugging me again.
I rolled my eyes and hugged him back, “I still don’t know what to do.”
“Do whatever you think is best,” whispered Jacob.
I pulled away and sighed, “But that’s so hard to figure out,” I mumbled.
Jacob grinned, “That’s why you have to have a nice place to sit and think. Wanna go to the beach?”
I shook my head, “Sorry Jacob Black, but I rather not; I rather be alone.”
The gleam in Jacob’s eyes faded as his face looked dejected, but he smiled anyway and gave me another hug.
“Have fun, ‘kay? And please… Don’t let me lose you,” said Jacob.
“You won’t lose me,” I promised and walked away.
I felt like crying as I walked father away from Jacob Black. I’m going to break my promise I just made because… I can’t take this town anymore; this confusion. I don’t belong here and I can’t handle anything anymore.
I’m leaving Forks without looking back.
That was a lie.
“Goodbye,” I whispered, looking at the town called Forks.
A choked sob ripped out of my throat and I looked away, rubbing my dry eyes, “Goodbye,” I whispered again and ran off.

Jacob Black awoke from his small nap that barely lasted 5 minutes and cried out a strangled cry that eemed to shake the house and La Push.
“Peri,” Jacob Black gasped, running out of the house and searching the town for the girl he loves.
He didn’t find her.
♠ ♠ ♠
*Le gasp.* Well... What do you guys think? Thanks for the comments folks. ^^ Aaaaannnnd, I'm still in temporary lodgings. Who knew finding a house would be so hard? :S I'm so happy that you guys are still reading my story. [: I love you, readers!