Status: Completed

Heartless Reaper

Fifteen

Jacob's POV

“CULLENS!” I yelled, knocking rapidly on the door.
The small girl opened the door with her nose scrunched up, “What is it? Bella’s not here,” she said softly.
I sighed, blowing air out of my nose trying to calm myself down, “Is Peri here?”
“No? She left this morning, probably to see you, mutt.”
I almost tore the door off its hinges, but let go and clenched my fists, “I couldn’t find Peri anywhere. She left and I looked over all Forks except here. But since she’s not here… She’s missing.”
I slammed myself to the ground and screamed out.
Another bloodsucker came to the door and I looked up to see it was that big one that kissed Peri.
“WHERE IS SHE!?!?” I screamed at the leech, grabbing him.
“Get your ugly dog hands off of me!” hissed the vampire.
I pulled them away, my hands shaking, “Where the fuck is Peri?” I growled.
“Peri? Isn’t she with you?” he snarled.
“NO! SHE ISN’T!” I screamed, and then grabbed my hair with my hands.
Calm down! Calm down! Calm down!
Suddenly the vampire got panicky and clenched his fists, “Alice, can you see anything?”
At last, a real name. Nicknaming them doesn’t help at all with remembering their names. Bella had told me about one of them seeing the future.
Alice closed her eyes and reopened them; her eyes blazing gold. “It’s so hard to see Peri, she’s like a mist and everything around her is blurred. I’m sorry Emmett, but I can’t help you.”
“Concentrate, please, Alice. Please!” Emmett pleaded.
Alice shut her eyes and held still for a few minutes. I held my breath as I watched the vampire.
Finally her eyes opened and she sighed out, “I think she’s near some water.”
“That doesn’t help!” I shouted.
“Don’t you dare yell at me, dog! Why not you try to see her future yourself? She’s immune to most abilities!” snapped Alice.
She’s right, she’s probably doing the best she can with finding Peri. I keep forgetting that the Cullens seem to care about Peri too.
“I’m sorry,” I muttered, “But how are we supposed to find her when there’s water everywhere?”
“She’s still in Washington I believe; I don’t think she could bear to leave, she looked distressed by her stance in my vision,” said Alice, smiling softly as she stared off into nothing.
“Is she hurt?” I asked urgently.
“I don’t know, I can’t tell.”
“Thank you so much!” I told her gratefully
I felt like hugging the small vampire for telling me where Peri is.
“If you’re going to look for her mutt, I want to come with you,” said Emmett, glaring at me.
“Why the hell would I let you come with me, bloodsucker?” I hissed, clenching my fists as I tried to calm my trembling body.
I cannot turn just yet!
Emmett walked close to me, his golden eyes daring, “Because I love her too.”
A wolfish snarl escaped from my throat and I shot daggers at the vampire with my eyes.
“Can it, dog. We both want to find her, so we should work together. We both hate each other, but we love the same girl. So how about a short peace between us while we find Peri?” Emmett compromised. “We both want to find her safe then after we can start throwing punches.”
“Throwing punches, huh?” I said, grinning at the thought.
The vampire held out his hand, “Deal?”
I hesitantly took it and gripped the stone cold hand harder than the usual handshake. Emmett squeezed harder and smirked as we let go.
The vampire turned to Alice and hugged her, “Tell the family that I’ll be back in a little.”
“Don’t kill each other and have Peri arrive safely, okay?” Alice said, smiling.
I have to say that the bloodsuckers sure are beautiful and just too perfect. That leech smiling just scares the crap out of me.
“C’mon mutt, we shouldn’t waste time,” said Emmett with a black jacket on him suddenly.
I growled and followed him as he walked forward faster than any man. I quickly ran behind bushes and stripped off my clothes. I then secured my pair of shorts on the band around my ankle and I transformed.
Why, oh why does it have to be him I have to have as a companion?
I ran forward and caught up to the vampire; he was waiting for me at the edge of the ocean outside of Forks. It was starting to rain.
“Okay dog, let’s see how fast you can go. We’ll follow the coast and as soon as we smell or see her. You howl, I’ll yell,” said Emmett, and then he rushed off.
I pushed myself after him and caught up. Together we ran, not caring about what others will see, but only that the girl we love is out there alone.
And maybe in danger, I thought as I saw her surrounded by people that had purple eyes just like her who didn’t look friendly.
I howled into the sky.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lalalala~ Short chapter, I know. x3 Buuuut, I'm posting Sixteen right after this to make up for it. ;D