Status: Completed

Heartless Reaper

Seventeen

Am I being overdramatic or is this the end of my life?
Yep, overdramatic for a reaper.
The reaper on top of Jacob didn’t even turn around as I attacked it. I didn’t care, I used vicious ways of taking their life by grabbing its misty neck into my mouth and sucking its energy.
It was faster and more painful for the reaper.
As soon as the reaper was gone and dead, I paid full attention to Jacob.
“Oh my God, Jacob Black!” I whispered, pressing my hands against his open chest.
Jacob tried to speak, but only blood spat out of his mouth.
“Don’t speak, please don’t speak. I’ll fix this,” I said softly, placing my hands over his fatal wound.
“Shouldn’t he be healing by now?” asked Emmett, kneeling beside me.
I looked behind me and saw my friends taking down the last of the reapers. I then looked back at Jacob, “He won’t be able to from a reaper’s attack. That’s why it’s so dangerous for you guys… You might be strong, you might heal instantly… But from a reaper, it doesn’t work the same way.”
I closed my eyes and felt my face crack, but it instantly built back together.
“Damn it!” I screamed, biting my hand covered in Jacob’s blood.
Emmett pulled my now black bleeding hand away and finally looked worried, “What is it, Peri?”
“The reapers… I took their energy… All it gave me was their energy for death, not life. Too much of it is overpowering my own energy. I can’t… I can’t…”
I screamed as loud as I could, my chest burning more intensely and my vision blurred.
“Don’t die, Jacob Black! You can’t die! You don’t want to lose me, do you? Death will take you away from me! I don’t want to lose you either! Jacob Black!” I yelled into the dying boy’s face.
He still has so much to live for! So much to do in the future! He’s only sixteen for fuck’s sake!
“Jacob Black…” I cried.
The boy that imprinted upon me looked into my eyes, his black eyes narrow from the pain and his breaths coming in strangled wheezes.
“I… Lofff… Ya’…” Jacob choked out, his eyes holding so much passionate emotion even though his life is slipping away.
His heart beat was so faint… Dying…
I screamed again, my scream shriller than before and it seemed to shake the ground. I heard Emmett yell out my name.
I pressed my hands to Jacob’s wound and kept on screaming.
My vision was blurring and I was actually crying. I felt liquid fall down my face form my eyes.
I was crying…
My chest was of fire, the worst degree of burn still licking at my chest. My body felt like it was gone. My throat was clogged and I couldn’t hear anything anymore.
Jacob’s name was repeated over and over in my head.
I can’t lose him!
“Peri.”
I could barely hear my name being said, it sounded far away.
What’s happening to me?
I couldn’t see, I couldn’t hear. I’m nothing.
Is this from the imprint? Am I connected to Jacob Black somehow?
I didn’t know.
Jacob Black… What did you do to me?
This is your entire fault! I’m too attached and look what it’s doing to me… Changing me… I’m weak. I can’t be so attached.
I hate you Jacob Black.
I could only think, but it felt like I was floating on nothing…
Am I gone?
If I ever get back to normal, I need to learn more about imprinting.
Does it connect us together? Do I feel what he feels? Will it kill me if he dies?
Oh Death cannot strike me just yet.
Jacob Black, I’m so sorry… But I swear I will never love you.

Emmett Cullen stood there watching as the nine reapers surrounded Jacob and Peri.
His eyes were frozen on Peri as she laid there with her purple eyes a dull black that scared him.
“C’mon guys! We have to work together!” yelled Alpha.
All of their hands were on Jacob Black.
“We need to make him live!”
Emmett stood there and just watched nine white misted figures with black smoke escaping them and hovering around the shifter’s body.
He watched as Jacob Black cough and opened his eyes. His chest healed and now an angry scar replaced the wound.
After a few seconds, the scar was gone.
Emmett pushed past the reapers to look down at Peri, waiting for her eyes to turn back to purple and her beautiful face light up again.
Jacob Black looked at his imprint for a while before falling asleep from the healing.
Emmett and the nine reapers continued waiting.
Peri didn’t wake up that day.
She didn’t wake up the next.
Or even the next.
But everyone still waited.
♠ ♠ ♠
I tried to make the chapter longer. 'Cause they're getting shorter and shorter... Ah... >.< Hope you like it anyway. :S