Status: Completed

Heartless Reaper

Nineteen

“I hate him,” I muttered to Emmett, leaning against him as we watched a sports game that I wasn’t even paying attention to.
“I’m not going to lie to you, but it makes me slightly happy when you say it, but you know it’s not true,” Emmett replied softly, turning off the television.
I growled and laid my head on his lap, trying to relax myself.
Emmett didn’t complain and started running his fingers through my hair.
“I’m home!” said Alice, coming into the living room where she found us.
She just came back from school. I guess the Cullens really want to pretend they’re normal and live among the humans.
I admire that. Maybe I should try it sometime…
Emmett and Rosalie graduated already, so I get to hang out with Emmett at least while Alice is gone.
Alice scrunched her nose and looked around, “Where’s Rosalie?”
I made a motion to get off of Emmett, but he didn’t let me and just smiled at Alice, “She’s out shopping for more food. You know how Peri’s a big eater.”
I grimaced, sometimes I hate it how they spoil me with food. I bet anyone of them could make me do anything if they reward me with their delicious cooking.
Alice frowned, “Peri, shouldn’t you go to Billy Black’s to ask about the imprinting?”
She wanted to speak to Emmett privately… About what?
I nodded, “Yeah. I guess I should get going.”
I pulled away from Emmett and ran out of the house, only to go back in blending with the background of the Cullen home.
“Why did you make her go? What’s the big deal, Alice?” Emmett hissed.
Alice glared at Emmett, “You’re just going to end up hurting yourself, Emmett!”
“What did you see?” he growled.
“She’s not going to choose you. You’re not the one who imprinted on her! She’ll choose the mutt in the end.”
“Did you see it happen?”
“I saw that her future was completely blank because of the dog. The future for you is you heartbroken and Rosalie leaving Forks to take a break from you because you left her for Peri. That’s wrong, Emmett. You can’t get Rosalie even more upset at you then lose in the end. It’ll hurt you so bad! You’re going to break the treaty in the end to try to kill the mongrel. We can’t let it happen,” rushed out Alice.
I watched as Emmett turned away, his fists shaking.
He then calmed down and turned around smiling, “The future can change, Alice. I love Peri… I won’t give up on her for that mutt! I’ll fight until she chooses!”
“You’re not listening! She’ll choose Jacob! Nothing can beat imprinting!”
“Peri’s a reaper; it could be different with her! She’s been resisting it for this long!” Emmett argued desperately.
“She’s resisting love, Emmett! Not the imprinting!”
Emmett sighed and clasped his hands together, “I can win her first.”
“Are you deaf!?!”
“Alice, I love Peri. I thought Rosalie was the one for me; my soulmate. And I believed that no one could change the love I feel for Rosalie… But then Peri came into my life and things are changing. My mind never stops thinking about Peri and I just know that I have to fight for her and at least try,” Emmett said confidently.
Alice hissed, “Even if it hurts our whole family in the end? Causing war!?”
“I won’t let it happen!”
“Don’t you care about Rosalie; her feelings? What about her?”
“I just have to hope she’ll understand,” Emmett said, walking towards the door.
“Where are you going?”
“Out.”
Right when Emmett opened the door and as it started to close, I escaped the house without being noticed.
I followed Emmett’s running all the way to the mountain where he finally stopped.
“Emmett,” I said, revealing myself.
He jumped back a little bit, staring at me in surprised, “Peri?”
I nodded, “I didn’t go to Billy Black’s. I wanted to know what Alice wanted to say to you that was so urgent that I had to leave, so I went back to listen… Emmett, you should listen to Alice.”
“Then you should listen to her too, Peri. Go to Jacob since that’s what you’ll do in the end.”
I walked around Emmett, my eyes on his, “I plan to change the future.”
“As do I, Peri; I’m going to fight as hard as I can to win your love.”
I laughed bitterly, “I don’t want to love you or Jacob. Understand?”
Emmett grabbed my shoulders and pulled me close to him, his eyes glaring into mine, “I won’t give up on you.”
I bet my eyes were flashing violently and I pulled away, “Emmett, please!”
“I’m not going to let you go so easily,” he said.
“Jacob Black has, why can’t you?”
“Trust me. Jacob Black hasn’t given up on you. He’s just being stupid right now. Once he sees me fighting for you, I just know he’ll fight back. So I’m going all out and using my best weapons,” said Emmett, grinning.
I shook my head, “Stop it Emmett. Alice is right; you’ll just be hurt in the end.”
“I thought you said you wanted to change the future.”
“Not to be with you,” I said and ran away from the smiling vampire.
My feet pounded on the ground as I ran onto the La Push reservation and started banging on Billy’s door.
“Hang on, hang on!” came the shout.
The door opened to reveal Jacob Black looking like he just woken up; which might be the case since the patrolling probably has been doubled since Victoria was heard to have come back.
I entered the house without his permission and saw Billy Black in front of the television on his wheelchair.
“Peri, what a surprise; it’s good to see you,” greeted Billy.
I smiled bitterly, “Hey Billy, can I speak with you in private?”
Billy looked behind me at Jacob, “Son, go to Sam’s house. Dinner is almost here anyway.”
I heard the door shut and I made sure to wait until I could hear Jacob myself. I then relaxed onto the couch and smiled warmly at Billy, “Sorry ‘bout that.”
“About what?”
“Ignoring your son like that. He and I aren’t on good terms,” I replied.
Billy looked surprised, “Jacob hasn’t told me anything about that.”
I shrugged, “Maybe he doesn’t know; he should.”
“Well… What’s the sudden visit, Peri?”
“Imprinting, Billy. I need to more about it to understand it better,” I said softly, “Jacob should have at least told you he was dying until my friend revived him. He also should have told you I was in a coma-like state and just woken up about a month and a few days ago.”
Billy nodded, “I have heard about that.”
“I have a theory it’s because of the imprint between Jacob Black and me and I want more information on the imprinting.”
“That’s a little hard to give you because we don’t have any experience on reapers being imprinted,” Billy answered.
I gave out a small hiss through my teeth, “Billy! Please! I’ll beg if you want me to. I’m new to imprinting and I need at least a little bit of information. Do you know anything more that you haven’t told me?”
Billy sighed, “I do know that imprinting gives you a connection between the imprinter and the imprinted. What happens is that your feelings are connected so strongly that Jacob can probably feel how you feel and know where you are. But since you’re so different, I wouldn’t know if that’s the same for you. The best person to ask is Jacob who’s having the full experience of the imprinting while you’re probably still denying it.”
I nodded and rubbed my fingers together, “So I should talk to Jacob Black?”
Billy nodded, “That would be the best option.”
I left and went to Sam’s house.
The door was a little bit opened already so I entered without knocking and saw the pack eating enormous amount of food.
“Oh my God! It’s Peri!” shouted Embry, his mouth full of food.
He got up and ran towards me, pulling me into a tight hug.
I laughed and hugged him back, resting my head against his hot chest.
“Hell Embry, you’re just getting bigger,” I smirked, poking his hard stomach.
Embry grinned, “Just part of being a shifter.”
I looked behind Embry to see the rest of the pack staring at me.
“Good to see you well, Peri,” said Sam, clasping his hand over my shoulder.
I smiled, “Thank you, Sam.”
The others greeted me kindly with a hug and I felt welcomed again.
Jacob Black came up to me with a grin and tried to give me a hug, but I pushed him away and shook my head.
“Jacob Black, I need to talk to you.”
“Sure, anything,” Jacob replied.
Together we walked out of Sam’s house and stood near the woods.
I leaned against a tree, “What do you feel? The imprinting; can you explain it?”
Jacob smiled, “What I feel is love. When I’m near you, I feel like I’m going to burst from all the love I feel towards you. When I close my eyes, you’re all I can see. My thoughts are always on you and you’re always in my dreams. I would do anything for you, Peri. When you’re away, I feel pain… Hurt…” he frowned, “You were away for a long time and I felt intense pain and I missed you so much… But I couldn’t do anything about it because you were with the bloodsuckers.”
Jacob started shaking, but calmed and smiled again as he looked at me, “I feel connected to you in a way that I have with no one else. I can feel your emotions sometimes, but only when I’m near you usually. Sometimes I can feel where you are… You’re all I ever see, Peri.”
I folded my arms; it wasn’t new information.
“Am I all you actually ever see, Jacob Black?” I asked softly, stepping closer to him where I could feel his heat rolling off of his body and if I tip toed, I could kiss him easily.
“Yes, Peri,” he murmured, his heart pounding hard.
His lips connected with mine and his hands went to wrap around my waist.
I growled and pushed his chest hard, scratching his skin at the process.
Jacob Black grunted and closed his eyes.
“I wanted to ask you about imprinting because I wanted to know if you had any new information. Apparently, that made you think I wanted you to kiss me,” I hissed. “Jacob Black, you’re a liar.”
His dark eyes looked at me questioningly, “What do you mean?”
“Bella is still in your head; suffocating your thoughts. I wouldn’t be surprised if sooner or later you’ll be crawling back to her,” I said.
“I wouldn’t…”
I cut him off, “You said you would do anything for me, right? Well do this then, Jacob Black. Leave me the fuck alone, if you love me. If you love me, go after Bella instead and let’s see your heart break,” I sneered and once again, walked away from a man who loved me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm losing it, aren't I? This isn't interesting anyone anymroe... Or is it just me that it's getting boring? Ah well... I won't be able to update for a while, tomorrow I'm getting on my plane to head to Korea until August 11th. So... Yep... Sorry guys. I'll be gone making myself fat by eating too much Korean food. Peace out, my readers!