Status: Completed

Heartless Reaper

Twenty

For the first time in a long time, I woke up from falling asleep on the outside floor with leaves poking my skin and rocks poking my back.
I got up and rubbed the nature off of me and stretched, hearing my bones pop and creak.
Wow, I’m getting too spoiled with beds. I used to always sleep on the floor, but now look at me.
It was late, I’ve slept for a long time, and suddenly, I didn’t know where to go which made me feel slightly confused.
I clutched my stomach and groaned; I feel weak from being pampered so much.
I felt lost.
“Dammit, this is your fault for getting pampered and too attached, look at you! A reaper and you don’t even know what to do anymore!” I yelled at myself, clawing at my arms and rolling around in the dirt.
I guess I was being immature, but I was upset at myself.
I looked like a wild animal fighting with itself.
Finally after a few minutes, I grabbed control of myself and sighed out as I found my clothes more or less shredded.
Great; maybe I should head to the Cullens house… But Emmett will be there…
Oh well, I’ll just ignore him; Alice will like that.
When I got to the door, it was answered immediately by Alice with clothes in her hands.
“You shouldn’t do that to yourself,” scolded Alice, helping me placing the clothes on with her quick motions.
“Thanks,” I said, nodding.
“Emmett isn’t here, so you don’t have to worry about that either. He’s out hunting with Edward.”
“Edward is actually away from Bella?” I smirked.
Alice smiled with me, “He had to go hunting, but he keeps worrying that she’ll try to go to those dogs.”
I shrugged, “The shifters are dangerous, but Bella wouldn’t get hurt. Jacob Black will make sure of it.”
“Even if he’s the one to lose control?”
“He wouldn’t hurt her,” I said firmly.
“Try telling that to Edward,” Alice laughed and pulled me inside the house.
I shook my head, “It’ll never happen. I’m surprised he let Bella out of his sight,” I said.
“He does have a physic sister who can tell if Bella will get into trouble,” said Alice, pointing to her temple.
I smiled, “By the way, seen anything interesting?”
I was curious to see if she would tell me about the vision yesterday she saw of me involving Jacob and Emmett.
“I have, actually. Victoria’s coming back again. We’re making sure to take Bella out this weekend for she’ll be safe. Edward is taking her to Florida with her mother; it’s perfect timing too.”
This is different news and more important than that other vision.
“Victoria?” I grinned, “Can I come?”
“Sure. With your help, we might catch her for good,” said Alice.
“We’ll have a higher chance, that’s for sure,” said Jasper, coming into the living room and standing next to Alice.
“I’m just as fast as you guys; maybe faster,” I said.
“Also you can cross the treaty unlike us. It’ll be great to the shifters and us,” said Jasper, smiling.
“I saw it would be on Saturday, so be here early, alright?” said Alice.
I nodded, and then looked around, “I’m still unsure if I should stay here,” I mumbled.
Alice grabbed my hand, “Please do. Rosalie will make sure she’ll stay with you for then Emmett won’t be a big bother. Are you hungry?”
Oh no, they’re bringing up food! Alice! You’re evil!
“We were just thinking about cooking…” Alice pressed on.
I felt like my mind went blank and my stomach screaming that it wanted the mouthwatering taste of food… Oh damn you Alice.
“Okay,” I immediately agreed as my eyes widened and my mouth in an idiotic smile at the thought of food.
Suddenly Alice looked away, her face blank and her eyes seeing something that wasn’t there.
“She’s having a vision,” muttered Jasper.
“It’s Bella,” murmured Alice, “She’s going to try to see that mutt. Go get Edward.”
Jasper immediately left and Alice turned to me, “That girl should’ve known better than try to get passed a physic.”
“She really wants to see Jacob Black; I understand her intentions. I heard about how happy he made her, now he’s… in pain from losing her. They were best friends,” I said.
“They’re too dangerous,” replied Alice, dismissing the subject.
I shrugged again, ready to stop pressing on the topic and folded my arms.
“Edward has already caught Bella,” said Alice after a few seconds.
I nodded.
“It’s best that you go see the dogs and discuss the catching of Victoria. Maybe we can discuss catching her together.”
I nodded again and left the home, running quickly towards Sam’s house.
I knocked loudly and the door was opened by Emily.
“Hi Peri, it’s good to see you, but if you’re looking for Sam; he isn’t here,” she said sweetly.
“Where is he?” I asked.
“Patrolling with his brothers,” she replied.
“Thank you.”
I left and concentrated on smelling the air for Sam; it’s been a while since I focused on smelling things.
I found the scent easily and started following it, running as quickly as I could and chasing after the aroma.
“Sam!” I called out, seeing a black wolf running with a grey one.
The black wolf stopped and turned, but then quickly ran behind a bush and came out as a human.
“Peri?” he asked, his deep voice curious.
“On Saturday, Victoria is going to come upon your land and the Cullens land. We were wondering if you could help us try catching her for good? The Cullens won’t go on your land, but we’re hoping with your help if she crosses your land; it’ll be a better chance,” I rushed out.
Sam nodded, “Even if the Cullens weren’t asking, we would hunt her down.”
I nodded firmly, “That’s all. Thank you Sam.”
I was about to turn, but then I rotated back, “May I join your patrol?”
Sam smiled, “We can always use more help, Peri.”
I smiled back and spent the rest of the night running with the wolves.
Saturday
I stood with the Cullens as we waited in the forest for the first sign of Victoria.
I could smell the shifter pack waiting on their land for her too and I felt a rush go through me as I prepared myself to run.
“Here she comes!” Alice whispered.
“That way,” I said, just as quietly and running to my left.
And there she was, red hair flowing behind her and her bare feet pounding against the ground.
I saw her look back and slight fear was noticeable in her eyes, but she made no move to stop.
“I’m going to catch you, bitch,” I whispered, smiling as I ran after her.
Emmett ran behind me, his speed almost matching mine.
We both jumped at the same time as we were so close to Victoria.
My hand brushed that flaming red hair, but Emmett’s large body pushed mine away and we both rolled on the floor.
“Damn you, Emmett! I would have had her if it weren’t for you!” I yelled.
Emmett looked sadly at me, but ran with the rest of his family at once. I followed and saw Victoria jump against trees.
Jasper chased her and flew above her, his hands almost grabbing her.
Dammit! She’s quick!
I pressed faster than all the Cullens and followed Victoria as she jumped onto the land of the shifters.
I jumped after her and smiled as I saw the wolves chase her with me.
“C’mon,” I whispered, almost a foot away from her.
She then jumped back abruptly and I sped past and growled out, turning around and jumping over to the other side.
Emmett was closer to her than I was and he ran his fingers over her hair before she jumped once again.
She’s pissing me off!
Emmett then did something stupid; he jumped after her.
“Emmett! No!” I screamed.
Paul, the grey wolf, ignored Victoria and snarled at Emmett.
I jumped and pushed Emmett hard, making sure he didn’t land on the forbidden land.
“You butt-head! Why did you go off and do that!?” I growled as we fell into the water.
Emmett didn’t answer as we both made a loud splash.
I broke out of the water and watched as Emmett growled heavily at Paul. Paul was snarling and snapping his jaw at the vampire.
I quickly held back Emmett as I saw him make a move to attack the wolf.
“Can it, Emmett. You’ll start a war if you go on their land,” I hissed.
“He already broke the treaty!” screamed Paul, suddenly human.
“C’mon Paul, he technically didn’t land on your side. Can you let it pass, please?” I asked softly.
Paul glared at Emmett, “That leech better not come any closer.”
“The butt-head won’t do such a thing; in fact, he’ll back off, right?” I said, glaring at Emmett.
Emmett jumped back up with the rest of his family and I sighed out.
“Paul, take it easy,” I muttered, jumping up next to him.
The young man was breathing heavily, trying to stay in his human form, but struggling as he stared at the Cullens.
“Paul, let’s go back,” said Sam, also now in his human form.
Suddenly Alice yelled out my name.
I turned and saw her eyes glazed over; she was having a vision!
“Peri, come quick!” Jasper said urgently.
I jumped across and stared at Alice, “What are you seeing?”
“Reapers… White eyes… Coming to attack you…” Alice said softly.
I shook my head, “Did you see my friends? They should be guarding.”
Ever since the incident from before, my fellow reapers stood guard around Forks to make sure no reapers would be coming any time soon. If any did, one would come to warn me and we would be ready to fight them off.
The only problem is Death has so many of them that it wouldn’t be a problem to send more and more each time… That’s what we’re so afraid of.
“I think I saw them in the vision; it’s so hard to tell,” said Alice.
I nodded, “Great. Do you know when?”
“Today,” she replied.
“Shit!” I cursed, and then looked across at the pack and then back at the Cullens. “Looks like I have to go take care of this.”
“Let us come with you,” Carlisle insisted, stepping forward.
I heard the wolves howl and I turned to see them leaping across out of Quileute land. Their eyes were soft as they looked at me.
“You guys don’t have to do this; it’s probably something I can handle,” I said.
If I could cry, I would out of being touched by my friends. They’re willing to fight something stronger than themselves to help me.
The shifter pack stood next to the Cullens without moving away, each of them determined.
I smiled, “Thank you.”
We all ran forward towards the future attack.
I felt like maybe the shifters and vampires can work together as long as they have the same purpose.
I smiled again as they ran with me, all of us together.
“Let’s do this,” I muttered, grinning.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well guess what; I'm still in Korea until August 11th, but right now I'm spending the night at one of my aunt's house who actually has the Internet. So I'm sneaking in this update. But afterwards, I'm heading back to my grandparents, which means no Internet; no updates. At least I get to update once... But I'm not sure about this chapter... It didn't turn out like I wanted it to, but I really want to get an update out before it's too late.
Thank you readers for understanding and waiting.
Oh and I've been thinking... littlelexy, you said you thought Emmett should be with Peri, right? Well, that can happen... But... Okay, I'm asking everyone who reads this, because I can easily change who'll be with Peri (and of course someone will). It was originally going to be Jacob, but littlelexy's opinion got me wondering what the rest of you think.
So what do you think?
Jacob? Or Emmett?