Status: Completed

Heartless Reaper

Twenty-Five

It was the first of June.
Jacob and I have been together for only six days, but for me it felt like I’ve been with him for a very long time.
It felt so right.
I never went back to the Cullens or even tried to contact them out of fear of seeing Emmett. The thought of feeling that pain again and seeing his face… It hurts me too much to even think about it.
I guess I’m hiding from them by staying in La Push and in the territory where the vampires can’t walk on, but what can I say? I’m a coward when it comes to love.
Jacob and I made a plan to kidnap Bella from school today.
Yes, I’m actually the one who came up with it.
I knew no harm would come to Bella with me being in their company plus, Jacob and Bella both miss each other dearly; they are best friends who’ve helped each other through many bumps.
Jacob had called Bella on the phone yesterday and found out about being held hostage by Alice.
I gave kudos to Edward for going so far as to forcing her to be protected by his family.
Alice couldn’t see me since I was with Jacob, so it should work out.
I just hoped we wouldn’t get caught.
“With any luck she’ll be outside,” I shouted to Jacob over the loud roaring of his motorcycle engine.
We were on our way to the school and English class should be starting for Bella right about now.
I focused at the school coming closer and closer and saw Bella with another student and, luckily, Alice was not among them.
The bike came to a shrieking halt as Jacob sloppily parked on the edge of the sidewalk.
I jumped off as fast as I could and screamed, “Bella!”
Jacob waved his hand at the surprised girl and yelled, “Run!”
Bella was frozen until finally she turned to the boy next to her and said, “I got really sick and went home, okay?”
“Fine,” the boy muttered glumly.
Bella, to my surprise, pecked the boy’s cheek quickly, “Thanks, Mike. I owe you one!” she called back as she sprinted towards Jacob and his bike.
I gave the bike a big slap on its wheel as I saw Alice burst into the area with her eyes burning with anger and her lip curled back.
The bike was off before Alice could do anything.
“Peri!” shrieked Alice, marching towards me.
“I sort of have to go,” I said quickly, turning to speed off.
Alice caught me, her eyes softer, but still furious.
Instead of being scolded, Alice simply said, “I miss you.”
I stood there limply and looked down at the golden eyes of Alice, “I’m sorry. I’ve just been… Afraid.”
Alice nodded understandingly, but then her eyes sparked anger again, “Peri,” she then snarled, looking off at where Jacob and Bella had escaped.
I grinned sheepishly, “Edward shouldn’t always control her life, Alice. She has freewill and she should be able to do what she wants.”
“Do you know how close Edward was last time about crossing the treaty line and starting a war?” hissed Alice, walking closer to me because the Mike kid was staring at us curiously.
“Tell Edward that he needs to stop holding Bella on such a tight leash. She has the right to hang out with her best friend,” I said lowly to Alice, leaning closer.
“And if she gets hurt?” Alice murmured.
“She won’t get hurt as long as I am around, if that’ll make Edward feel any better,” I whispered sharply.
Alice sighed out and I gave out a sigh with her.
“I’m sorry,” I offered, “I don’t like it when you’re mad at me, Alice.”
“Then don’t make me mad at you, Peri. You know we all care about Bella’s safety.”
“And you’re saying I don’t? Hanging around a bunch of shifters is dangerous, but so is hanging around a bunch of vampires… I’m not trying to offend you, but I’m only pointing out the truth,” I said, then rolled my eyes. “One of these days, your family and the shifters will have to make nice and become friends.”
Alice snorted and softened her eyes and hugged me tightly.
“I miss you too Alice,” I said, hugging my friend.
Alice smiled as she pulled away, but gave out a sigh, “Edward won’t be pleased.”
“Don’t worry, maybe that boy will soon enough understand,” I said hopefully and laughed lightly.
I then frowned, looking at Alice’s golden eyes and asked the question that’s been rampaging my mind, “How’s Emmett?”
Alice frowned with me and sighed out, “It’s a rough time for him.”
I waited for more details, but Alice didn’t say more.
“Alice, please…” I pleaded, wanting more information.
“He’s left,” Alice said, her eyes sad, “He couldn’t take being so close to you so he left. We all tried to stop him, especially Rosalie, but he left. He’s in a tremendous amount of pain and he doesn’t know what to do anymore. It’s just going to take some time, that’s all.”
And there was that unsaid sentence that filled my mind.
All of this; it was my entire fault.
“I… I’m… I’m so sorry, Alice,” I choked out.
“We don’t hold you responsible, Peri.”
“How is it not my fault?”
“It was his choice on how to react. I even warned him that he wasn’t going to have you,” said Alice, “He should know how much he’s hurting his family by leaving us. He’ll come around.”
I nodded, not meeting Alice’s eyes.
Alice hugged me, “I still have school to go to. Have fun, okay? I love you.”
I grinned as she said I love you and whispered, “I love you,” back, but she was already gone.
I quickly went to the woods to sprint to the beach, where I’m sure they’re at.
Before I even made it to the beach, I was intercepted by Alpha.
I saw the panic in his eyes before he spoke.
“Death is coming.”
I felt like my world was crashing down on me; this means Jacob Black is in danger and so is the rest of the friends I love.
“Are you sure?” I hissed, closing my eyes tightly.
“I’m sure. Samara saw him with a mass of white reapers,” whispered Alpha, his purple eyes dark with fear.
“Fuck,” I gasped.
Alpha frowned, “What should we do?”
I didn’t know what to do! All of my friends are here and I can’t leave them for Death to take because I know he would want to meet them all.
I can’t have them risking their lives nor can I have my fellow reapers risk theirs because there is no way we’re going to survive a visit from Death.
What can I do? What can we do?
Then I had it.
A plan.
A plan that might just work.
If I was correct with my knowledge of Death’s laws, then I might be able to get away with it. But Alpha and the gang doesn’t have the same advantages as I do…
Dammit!
I thought intensely in my head, trying to pull out any idea to give out to Alpha and save us.
I finally had an idea for all of my reaper friends. As long as they really try to do the task.
It wasn’t the best idea, but it was their only option.
If my plan doesn’t work for me, personally, then I will be dead by the time Death leaves.
I opened my eyes and looked straight at Alpha, “Run.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry. I know it took me over a month and it isn't even a long chapter. I've just been very busy. School work is piling on me and I'm also in cross country, varsity team, where I have to meet after school every weekday and then have meets ever weekend. I barely have time to write even a little. So this chapter was rushed and I'm just going to try to finish this story as fast as I can (awful, I know), but I hate keeping anyone waiting. Again, I'm sorry. :/