So Break My Graffitied Heart

Chapter Five

Alex let the time fly by chewing on the top of her pen. Not doing her homework and not looking towards her left, where the cocky boy Gerard sat. "I can see you smirking," Alex said put up with the antics of Gerard. "Oh whatever do you mean?" he questioned innocently. "Oh forget you," Alex gave up and looked towards the old analog clock that hung on the wall above the door. 5...4...3...2...1...Briiiinnnnngggg the bell rang signaling the end of eighth period.

The rest of the day was crushed into a blur for Alex. Alex slammed her locker shut and raced over to Buzz's locker. "Yo, Buzz." Alex smiled weakly. "Hey Al," he responded slamming his locker close. "Hey pick me up at my house at 8?" I asked. "Yea of course, see you then." he nodded and walked away.

The time passed quickly, almost as if in a blur. It was first 3 o'clock then it was 7:30 time to get ready. Alex quickly got dressed, sporting a black belly shirt with the word Revenge on it; she had on a pair of ripped jeans that had wholes up and down the legs. She also wore her infamous pair of black converse. Alex applied the eyeliner thick and put on a touch of charcoal eye shadow.

She raced out the door smiling. She grabbed a $20 bill from off the counter and met Buzz outside in his navy blue Mustang. "Hey," Alex gave Buzz a small kiss on the cheek. "Hey. How are you?" "Just peachy," Alex smiled and settled down into her seat.

>>>

Alex's vision was blurry and she couldn't comprehend anything around her. She stumbled and fell a few times. Alex spotted a dark alleyway and stopped. She entered clumsily and fell to the ground. Her eyes got wide and she threw her hands up to her face. She removed them as her cheeks got large. The vomit came spewing from her mouth. She coughed and let her head fall back to the brick building lining the alley way she sat in.

Alex moved her cheek against the cool brick and fell asleep. Gerard came walking down the street after a small but well paying gig at the local night club. "Alex? Alex is that you?" he questioned. Alex moaned and moved her head so that it faced the other way. "Alex can you hear me?" Gerard questioned kneeling down in front of the obviously sick Alex. She groaned and turned her head away and threw up.

"Awww, Alex c'mon." Gerard said slowly lifting her up. He held her bridal style and walked to his house.