Simply Dandy

Chapter 13

I gasp, and then tense up from the realization. This can't be right, what the hell?! I try to push him away again and I hear him sigh.

“Come on, you were liking it that time I know it!” Beckett complains, and I glare at him.

“I will never like when your filthy hands are anywhere near me.” I tell him in a voice more like a growl then actual speaking, and he frowns.

“Please Jena, give me a chance... I'm sorry about what happened so many years ago if I could go back in time I would change what I did. I would do anything to just get you to not hate me!” He cries out and I simply shake my head looking away from him.

“It's too late for that now, and just know that no matter what, I will always hate you.” I say to him looking him in the eyes, and feel a slight pang of guilt when I see red tears forming in his eyes.

“No...” He whispers in a quivering voice. “Please... Please...Don't hate me...” He begs before disappearing to who knows where. I frown letting a sigh out, why was I so harsh? I feel guilty now....Wait! Why the hell do I feel guilty for HIM?!?! He’s the enemy! The one who killed me AND got my sister killed!!!! How can I feel guilty for him, or even anywhere near bad for him?!?! What the hell is going on?!?!

I shake my head roughly trying to get out the thoughts of guilt, but they won’t go away!!!!

“AAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I'M TAKING A SHOWER!!!” I scream out getting frustrated and storming to the bathroom. I slam the door shut and lock it behind me before taking off my clothes and getting in a warm shower.

I let my body soak in the warmth from the water trying to forget, but instead I can’t stop thinking about him now! What the hell is going on?! I groan hitting my head against the wall trying to clean it, but I can't. I wish I could see Pete.... I think I would be able to get Beckett out of my head just to be able to see Pete's face.... I let out a sigh after thinking about Pete. I wonder how he's doing, or if he’s already forgotten about me?

I close my eyes tightly thinking back to the text, he seemed concerned. I don't think he would have forgotten about me this easily right? I hope so.... I finish up in the shower not wanting to think anymore and get out wrapping a towel tightly around myself.

“Shit, I forgot clothes....” I mumble to myself poking my head out of the bathroom door. “Oh good he's not in here.” I mumble stepping out of the bathroom, and to the dressers, and closet's looking for something to wear to bed... This is all lingerie... What the hell does he think we will be doing?!?! That bastard!! Well you know what? I'm going to wear this, no I'm going to wear the skimpiest one I can find. Just so he knows what he’s missing out on!

I find the perfect little pinky lacy one piece that barley covers my skin from the closet, and take it with me back to the bathroom. I quickly change once I shut the door, and brush out my long black wavy hair. I look myself over in the mirror wondering if I should really wear this or not? When I hear a light tap on the door. I sigh before walking over to it, and opening it a crack to poke my head out.

“Can we talk please?” Beckett asks me standing there with red and puffy eyes... He really was crying.... Stop it! No! Bad girl! Stop feeling sorry for him! I mentally slap myself before opening the door and walking into the bedroom.

“Why should we?” I ask him swaying my hips as I walk to the bed in the room. “Nothing has changed.” I answer bending over slightly to pick up a shoe I left there from before, and I can hear Beckett gasp as his breath catches in his throat. A smirk forms on my face as I turn back around to him.

“B-b-b....bec-ause...” He stutters trying to speak, but failing. He can't even look away from my body.

“What’s wrong Beckett, do you have a problem?” I ask him and he looks me in the eyes, and just shakes his head unable to answer. I giggle to myself softly at how fun it is to torment him like this. “Well, I'm going to bed now. You can sleep in the bed, I'm not touching it knowing the countless things you've done in it.” I say with a smirk walking to the closet and clearing out the shoes on the floor before stepping inside it.

“W-wh-at...are you...doing?” He stutters again as I sit down on the floor.

“Well I usually sleep in a closet, or something like it. Plus this way the squeak on the door will wake me up if you try to do anything to me.” I say with a smile looking right at him, and his breath catches again. I roll my eyes shaking my head closing the closet doors, but stop just before it’s fully closed. “If you know what’s best for you, you won’t go near this closet...And...I...um... I'm... never mind.” I mumble closing the doors, what the hell was I just gonna do? Apologize?!

“Were you?” I hear whispered through the door, and I jump not realizing he moved to right beside the closet, and sat down.

“W-what? No! Of course not! I don't owe anything to you.” I say to him laying down on my side so my back is to the door.

“I really want us to get along Jena...” He whispers almost quietly enough so I can't hear him before getting up, and walking to the bathroom.

I roll back over to face the door looking through the slits in it after hearing the soft patter of water from the shower. I have to get my act together, I can't let something like that happen again. No, just no. It's a sign of weakness to him, and if I give in... I lose Pete... I can't lose Pete, I think I might die...

After a while the water from the shower stops, and Beckett comes walking out of the bathroom in just....his boxers.... Hot damn! He is smoking hot!

“You do remember I can hear your thoughts right?” Beckett asks and my eyes go wide feeling like I could blush if it was possible. I roll over on my other side to face the back of the closet hiding my face in my hands. Dammit, I completely forgot! “It's okay, I don't mind.” He says with a smile present in his voice.

“Just go to bed, and shut up.” I mumble still embarrassed, and after that all I heard was soft chuckles before the bed sinking a little. I let out a sigh after a while recovering from that embarrassment, and then is just darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's a tad on the short side, but I hope you like it. Those of you who've been wondering about the letter, the answers will be in the next chapter that will be posted around same time tomorrow :)
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments <3