Simply Dandy

Chapter 6

After I realized where my thoughts were taking me I broke the kiss off. I looked Brendon in the eyes and I really couldn’t find the right words.

“You can’t say that you didn’t feel anything after that kiss. I know that you felt something. Don’t be afraid to admit it.” Brendon said softly as he caressed my cheek and leaned in for a quick kiss. After noticing that I didn’t resist him he furrowed his eyebrows.

“I have never been this wrong about anything.” I mumbled under my breath.

“I’m sorry.” Brendon mumbled against my skin as his kisses started traveling down my neck.

“Brendon, stop.” I said firmly and he did as he placed a last kiss on my neck and looked up at me.

“Why are you so afraid of a possibility of loving me?” he asked and I just looked away. “Do you feel that if you love me you will dishonor your sister?” he asked and I nodded. “But wouldn’t she want you to be happy?” he asked as he moved a piece of my hair behind my ear.

“I need to talk to Will. I need that divorce.” I said and quickly started my way to William’s office.

“Jesi, wait!” Brendon yelled behind me but I was already storming into Will’s office.

“Did you carry out the deal?” Will asked not looking up from his desk and I nodded.

“Divorce us, now.” I said as I slammed my fist on the desk.

“But you said that you were wrong!” Brendon yelled as he stormed in behind me.

“Yeah, wrong about actually accepting the deal, because it was completely useless!” I yelled.

“You’re lying.” Will said and I glared at him. “You were ready to take things further.” He said smiling and I just started growling.

“You said that if I say that I don’t have any feelings then you will divorce us.”

“Ah, no.” Will said. “I said if you don’t feel anything then I’ll divorce you, but you felt something that was too powerful for your comprehension.” He said.

“Yeah, it’s called sexual frustration gone bad.” I heard Mike say from the doorway and then he instantly started screaming in pain.

“So, Will, about the divorce..” I said with a sinister smile.

“No.” he said seriously and with a voice full of authority. “Now, goodnight.” He said and basically shoved us out the door.

“Jesi, talk to me.” Brendon said as he followed me back into our room and shut the door behind him.

“What is there to talk about?” I asked as I folded my arms across my chest.

“The kiss.” He said. “I know you felt something, even William said so and he doesn’t lie.”

“Yes he does, he lied to you when he said that I thought that you looked hot.” I argued and Brendon just rolled his eyes.

“Alright, he lied about that one, but he was telling the truth this time.” Brendon said and I shook my head. “So then you would be fine with kissing me again, because you don’t feel anything, am I right?”

“Yeah, pretty much.” I mumbled as I looked around for my book.

“Good.” He said and I looked up at him in confusion. “Ready?” he asked and I groaned.

“No, I don’t want you to kiss me. I don’t like you.” I whined and turned away from him.

“Tell it to someone who believes you.” he said as he turned me around with force and made me face him.

“Just kiss me you idiot.” I snapped at him and he just smirked before leaning down and giving me a slow and passionate kiss.

“You still want a divorce?” Brendon asked after the kiss and I shrugged my shoulders. “Please don’t. We can actually start being a real family. As in to have a real marriage and just start all over again. With the first kiss, the first touch, and just anything that you will ever need.” He smiled.

“Who knew you were so romantic?” I smiled as I kissed his cheek and hugged him.

“I did, of course, it’s my power remember?” he said chuckling and I just rolled my eyes.

“You’re really cocky you know that?” I asked laughing and he just bit his lip and smiled innocently. “Of course you know that.” I said with a roll of my eyes.

“Yes, yes I do, just like you know that you can take advantage of every single guy out there because you have the same effect on guys as I do on girls.” He said with a bit jealousy in his voice.

“Yeah, I don’t know how though. And I can also control fire just like Mike does. But reading minds is more natural to me. So is making everyone drop to their knees in pain or just feel numb. It’s really fun for pulling pranks.” I said with a smile and his jaw dropped.

“That explains so much!”

“What are you talking about?” I asked pretending I don’t know anything.

“Oh yeah, how I ended up in Italy? And Spain? You know it’s not really fun waking up at the Travie fountain and have all of the tourists taking my picture in the middle of the night.” He said with his eyes narrowed.

“I was sad and Mike thought that it would cheer me up.”

“Did it?” he asked.

“Oh yeah.” I laughed.

“Good.” He said smiling and kissed me again, and again, and again.

“Okay, you can kiss me later, I have things to do.” I said as I tried to find a way to escape his hold.

“I have waited 80 years for this, don’t take it away from me!” he whined and I just let out a laugh and lightly pushed him away.

“You are desperate aren’t you?” I asked as I walked over to the dresser and started taking all of my jewelry off.

“The last time I was laid was 84 years ago! Of course I’m desperate!” he yelled and I turned to him with a questioning look.

“84 years? But we’ve been married for 80.” I said.

“Yes, but when I first laid eyes on you, you were seventeen and you turned my whole life upside down.” He said and if I could blush right now, I would.

“That’s sweet.” I smiled.

“No it’s not! I couldn’t get laid in the next eight and a half decades!” he yelled.

“Do you ever think about anything but sex?” I asked and he shrugged. “That’s scary.” I said and he just smiled.

“So, what do you want to do for the rest of the night?” he asked as he wiggled his eyebrows.

“You’re still not getting laid any time soon, Brendon.”

“What? Why?” he yelled.

“Cuz this is just the start of our relationship, and I’m not that easy.”

“I know you’re not, but we’ve been married for eighty years.” He tried to reason but it wasn’t working.

“Sorry, Brendon, but time to go to bed, goodnight, I have a feeling that tomorrow is going to be a really long day.” I said as I kissed him lightly and then went to lie down in bed.

Then Brendon finally gave in and climbed in besides me. Then he pulled me closer and buried his face in my neck. The rest was just a peaceful slumber.

***The next day***


“No! I will not let you do that!” I hear Brendon yell through the halls after someone.

“But this is our only choice! How many more Dandies have to die?!” William yelled back.

“I actually agree with William, it’s a great idea, she’ll distract them or just destroy them and we’re back on top of the food chain.” Mike interjected.

“Still! I don’t want her in the middle of that, what if she gets hurt?!” Brendon yelled and now they were all in my and Brendon’s room.

“What is going on?” I asked with a roll of my eyes.

“Can you come out to the fight with us tonight?” William asked as he sat down on his knees and took my hand in his and looked up at me with pleading eyes.

“No! She’s not going anywhere! I don’t want her getting hurt especially with the new hunter as strong as he is!” Brendon yelled as he pushed William out of the way.

“You mean she.” I corrected. “And I think I can take her.” I said with a nod.

“Great! So you’re coming with us!” William exclaimed and rushed to my side to kiss my hand.

“Yo! Hand’s off of my wife you whore!” Brendon yelled and Mike and I just burst out laughing as William glared up at Brendon.

“Honey, calm down, I’ll be fine.” I smiled up at him and he just shook his head.

“Brendon, you’ll be at her side at all times, and I’ll bring ten more fighters just to protect her, nothing’s going to happen.” Mike assured as he put his hand on Brendon’s shoulder.

“Fine,” Brendon snapped and then looked at me, “but you’ll be at my side at all times, I don’t want anything happen to you, got it?” he said and I just nodded with a smile and got up to hug him.

“I’ll be fine, trust me.” I whispered and he just nodded and hugged me tighter.

About time they let me out of this hell hole.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and subscribe!!