Crazy Beautiful

Home

I'm going home in a little while. I'm just waiting for Gerard and Mikey to come pick me up. They brought me some clothes; I guess they got all my stuff sometime while I was in my short coma. I'm surprised Mother didn't just throw it all out.

One of the nurses is helping me tie my shoe when Gerard comes in.

"Mikey's signin' you out. Are you ready?"

"Sweet Jesus, Mary and Joseph yes get me out of here."

He smiles at my comment then brings the wheel chair over to where I am.

After we gather all my stuff we meet Mikey at the information desk. They get me into the car with a little difficulty but then we're on our way home.

"Hey Mikey." I say.

"Yea sis?" I can see him smile after calling me sis. I think he did it on purpose. But I like it.

"Am I older than you?"

"Uh, no...I'm older than you. My birthday's in September, yours is in October..."

"Dammit. I'm the youngest." I say pouting.

"Why is that a bad thing?"

"Because you guys will gang up on me."

"This is true, very true. But it's just how the sibling relationship works Zoe. I had to deal with Gerard all by myself for 18 years. It's not going to be nearly as bad for you." Mikey says.

"Yea, and besides since you're the youngest you're gonna become the innocent one. You'll never get in trouble because Mom and Dad will always be like 'Oh she's such an angel she couldn't do that'" Gerard says.

I laugh quietly to myself. Gerard is absolutely right. It was like that when Mikey was the youngest; I saw it when ever Donna was home when I went over there.

We get home and they help me into the house and then sit me on the couch. Donna comes in from the kitchen and greets me happily.

"Hello Zoey how are you feeling?" she asks kindly.

"I'm good, still a little sore but I'm good."

"Oh, well I'm just glad you're alright, you had us scared. Oh isn't this going to be great. I've always wanted another girl in the house, a daughter." She says the last part hesitantly waiting to see how I react. I smile at her warmly and she continues, "Zoey, I know I won't ever amount to your mother but I'd like to try and come close."

"No, you won't ever amount to my mother... You'll be ever better." I say smiling.

[Okay someone take this to the cheesecake factory, talk about cliche...haha, but I love it... okay back to story]

Everyone's busy except for Mikey and Gerard so we all just hang out all day. Watching movies, talking. They show me my new room and I love it!

Gerard painted it, I can tell. The walls are striped black pink and white with a little red. And the ceiling has stars all over it. I don't really have any personal stuff in there, but I guess we'll buy that when Donna and I go shopping. My bags are scattered around the room, along with a couple boxes, I'm guessing from my old house.

The rest of the day is uneventful, and soon it is late afternoon and Donna is making dinner.

Gerard has retired to his room to do some drawing I suspect, and Mikey is playing some video game, while I am left to sit lazily on the couch flipping channels.

Even though I know this is my new home, I still feel a little awkward walking around as if I've lived here all my life. But I know this feeling will soon pass and I push the thoughts aside.

There doesn't seem to be anything on TV so I decide to go see if I can help Donna with dinner, or just start a conversation.

"Do you need any help with dinner?" I ask entering the kitchen.

"Oh no sweetie, I've got this under control. But if you want to you can pull up a chair and keep me company."

I sit at the kitchen table while she moves about the kitchen; I think we're having what most would call 'girl talk'. I've never had girl talk before but I'm enjoying it a lot. Mother never use to talk to me like this.

Donna tells me about different stories, and life experiences she's had, and some embarrassing tales of Gerard and Mikey.

I never knew that Gerard played Peter Pan in a school play before, and find it extremely hilarious when she informs me that Grandma Elena made him a costume with tights.

"Donna...what should I call you?" I ask suddenly.

"Well... what ever you want to call me dear. Except for Mrs. Way. Makes me sound old."

I smile at her comment, "Well I mean... could I... call you Mom?"

I can see a smile creep onto her face, "If you feel comfortable with it dear. But only if you want to."

I nod knowingly. I don't think I'm ready to use the M word for her yet, but I will be one day. Very soon.

Dad comes home just in time, Donna has finished making dinner and she calls the boys down so we can all eat.

This feels sort of odd to me; I've never been in contact with so many people like this before. I haven't experienced a real family since Dad left. I can't believe I've been missing this for so long.

After dinner we all retire to our own activities throughout the house. I watch TV with Donna and Dad for awhile then I start to feel tired and I bid them goodnight.

I go down to the basement to see what Gerard is up to. He's drawing something and I watch him for awhile then tell him goodnight as well.

As I pass Mikey's open door I peek in and say a quick goodnight to him too.

"G'night sis."

I go to the bathroom and take care of my business. Brush my teeth, and then take my nightmare medicine. I don't' have to take any of the other stuff anymore, no more panicking.

I finally make it to my room and change into my pj's. Then I look over to the desk and see my cell phone flashing, saying I have a message.

'Hey Gorgeous, it's me. I'm bored at my dad's, and I miss you. Call me back when you get this. Bye.'

I smile hearing Frank's voice. I dial his number then wait for him to answer.

"Hello?" he says.

"Hi, you called?"

"Hey beautiful, how ya feelin'?"

"I'm okay I guess. You?"

"I'm bored, and I miss you. I need a kiss." I can hear him pouting through the phone and this makes me smile.

"Aw, I'm sorry. When're you coming home?"

"Tomorrow, I'll come see you as soon as I get home. I haven't seen you in forever."

2 Days.

"It has been awhile hasn't it. Well you'll see me tomorrow, and we can catch up on those kisses you've been missing." I say smirking.

"Are you feeling okay?"

"Yea, I'm fine why?"

"You just seem... I don't know, happier, you're definitely bolder with that last comment." he says chuckling.

"It's the medicine. I'm not a zombie anymore now that I'm off those pills. I feel wonderful. Although I do get bored a lot easier now, I can't wait till I get all better so we can go out and I can show you guys the real Zoey before she was on meds."

"Ooh she sounds exciting."

"She is."

"Well, I'd love to talk to you more darling but I've got to go. My eyelids are gettin' heavy. But I'll see you tomorrow gorgeous."

"Why do you say that?"

"Say what?"

"That I'm gorgeous."

"Because you are."

"Really?"

"Yes, and if I'll say it a thousand times until you believe me."

"Okay, night Frankie."

"Night...Zoey?"

"Yes?"

"I love you."

"Wha-,ww-what?"

"I love you."

"Really?"

"I'd never lie about something like this."

"...I...I love you too Frank."

"Really?"

"Really really. I love you."

"Awesome... Okay, night. I love you."

"I love you too, bye."

Frank loves me... He loves me... Someone loves me...

This just made my good day even better. I knew those three words had been at the back of my throat lately, but I never knew that Frank felt the same way.

And this whole gorgeous thing. I've never really thought about it that much. I mean I knew I wasn't ugly, but gorgeous?

I get up and walk over to my mirror. I stand there and examine my face, my body shape, just everything about my appearance.

I'm slim, I'm not a stick but I'm slim. I think I have what would be considered nice curves, all in the right places.

I don't have pimples or acne, my hair isn't tangly or greasy. My skin looks soft and has a nice pale look about it.

Hm, maybe I'm not that bad looking. I'm not going to get all egotistical about it though. That's just now who I am.

But for the most part I think I feel...

Pretty?