Crazy Beautiful

School

Alarm clocks will be the death of me.

I hate them.
Despise them.

With their loud beeping. It must not be good for your health; waking up to a loud insistent beeping.

I drag myself out of bed and make it to the bathroom. First taking care of my business, then I rid myself of my pajamas and hop in the shower. I make the water mildly cold, so I'll wake up.

After I'm done cleansing myself I turn off the water and step out of the shower. I grab a towel and dry myself off. I head back to my room to pick out a pair of undergarments. After pulling them on I go to my closet. I pick out a pair of jeans and a black polo with a pink skull on the front. I set the clothes out on my bed and go back to the bathroom to dry and straighten my wavy brown hair. After doing so and brushing my teeth. I finish getting dressed only to make one last trip to the bathroom to do some light makeup.

I put on some black and white checkered vans and grab my book bag and keys. I head down stairs and fix a quick breakfast of a wheat bagel with strawberry cream cheese and grape juice.

I finish my bagel and juice then clean up my mess. After checking my book bag to make sure I have everything I need, I head out to my car.

It's still fairly early, so I drive slowly. I don't think Mikey and Frank will be there that early and I don't just want to leave them to think that I ditched them. That would be rude.

If I was to have any reputation at all, I wanted to at least have one as a nice girl who was quiet and crazy. I don't want to be a rude crazy girl.

I pull up to school and park in my designated parking spot that I got at registration. I grab my bag and lock my car. Making my way to the school entrance, I make my way around various cliques and groups of friends. Some of them look at me as I pass by and others just keep about their before school conversations.

I spot Mikey and Frank sitting on the steps of the entrance and they both perk their heads up when they see me. I give them a small smile as they get up.

"Hi." I say shyly as I reach them.

"Hey Zoey." they chorus together.

"Do you already have your schedule?" Mikey asks. I shake my head no. "Well let's go get it then." he says as they lead me into the school.

We go to the office and get my schedule and locker number/combination.

My locker is across the hall from Mikeys. And I have Chemistry, World History, and English with Frank. I have Geometry with Mikey. Then I have Art and Lunch with both of them.

We put my things in my locker then Frank and I go to our first class.

The first part of the day goes normally. All the teachers do the same thing. They make me stand up in front of the class and I tell them my name and where I moved from.

Soon its lunch time and I'm sitting under a tree eating a tuna sandwich with Mikey and Frank.

They're really nice guys. But I can tell that they're not exactly the most popular... at all. I think they're what most call 'The Rejects'.

But they're nice to me and I like them a lot.

Maybe having new friends won't be as bad as I thought. They're different. I still won't tell them, just incase I'm wrong.

Frank and I have a lot in common. We're both in love with the Misfits and Black Flag. We like a lot of other bands too. I curse him for being everything I would look for in a guy, if I ever thought that I'd be able to actually have a relationship. Even after having known him for less than 24 hrs I can see that he's: extremely nice, considerate, funny, and the easiest person to just be around.

It makes me hate myself even more because I know he'd never in a million years like someone as screwed up as me.

Mikey and I have a lot in common too. I can tell that we're going to be very good friends. He seems like the kind of person I can confide in.

We were sitting and laughing about some TV show we'd all seen when a football comes flying at us and knocks Frank's diet coke all over my white jacket.

We see a group of football players and a couple girls laughing hysterically.

I try to dab as much of the coke out as I can but I eventually have to go to the bathroom to wash it out with cold water. Frank and Mikey wait patiently outside the bathroom door. I get most of it out, but I'll have to bleach it when I get home.

I'm angry, but there's not much I can do about it. Frank and Mikey are sorry about what happened but I reassure them that those people were just rude and it wasn't their fault.

The rest of the day is uneventful and soon it's time to go home. They ask me if I want to go hang out with them at Mikey's house but I tell them I needed to finish my homework first, but then I can come over.

They give me their cell phone numbers and I say bye to them as we head our separate ways.

I go home to an empty house.

My mother works at a very prestigious law firm. She tries to work as many hours as she can, so she doesn't have to be at home with me. And so she has enough money for our insurance, and so she can buy me enough medicine.

I finish my homework rather quickly because I've seen most of the material before. I want to keep my grades up so that I can get into a really good college and become a... Well I'm not sure, maybe a psychologist. I really want to be a photographer though. Psychology is my back up plan I guess.

I eat a quick snack before getting ready to leave. I'm in the kitchen taking my medicine when Mother gets home.

I try to tell her about my day at school but she just mumbles and nods. I tell her that I'm going over to a friend's house and she perks up. I put on my shoes, grab my coat and keys and try to say goodbye to Mother as she pushes me out the door, again slamming it in my face.

I call Mikey to get directions to his house. It's about a 5 minute drive. He just lives a few streets over. I park in front of the house and make my way to the front door.

I ring the doorbell and a cheerful looking woman answers the door.

"Hello dear, you must be Zoey." she says kindly.

I nod at her shyly, "Hi, how're you?"

I may not like talking to people, but I know how to be polite.

"Oh I'm just fine and you?"

"I'm good."

"Well the boys are in the garage. I'll show you where it is."

I follow her into the house and to the garage door. She seems really nice. She's what I picture a real mother would be like. A mother that asks you how your first day of school was, how everyday of school is. A woman that enjoys seeing her kids and tries to spend as much time as she can with them before they go off to college and grow up.

I suddenly envy Gerard and Mikey.

Everyone I met on Saturday is in the garage. They all greet me as I come in and Ray moves over to make a spot for me on the couch.

We spend the next few hours talking and laughing about random things. I laugh at all the jokes but I'm not as enthusiastic as everyone else.

"Zoey, are you okay. You seem kind of out of it." Gerard asks.

"I'm fine... my meds just make me groggy." They can know I take medicine, just not what I take it for.

"Meds? Like for what?" Bob says.

"Uh, I'm just a little sick. I need it to get better."

They nod, I think they're buying it for now.

It's getting late so I tell everyone goodbye. Mikey, Frank and I decide to meet at the same place tomorrow morning.

I say goodbye to Mrs.Way as I leave.

"Oh please sweetie, call me Donna."

I smile and nod.

I drive home with a smile on my face.
I think I'm going to enjoy having friends.