Crazy Beautiful

Thanks Giving

It's November.

Frank and I have been dating for about a month or more. I'm so happy.

For once in my miserable little life I'm happy.
Frank makes me happy, and I think I make him happy.
He's always there for me.

He took me to the doctor a couple weeks ago because I had a really bad cough and a fever. Mother couldn't take me because she had work.

But Frank took me, and I got medicine for it. And he took care of me that week. He brought me soup, and he made sure I took my medicine.

I still don't understand why he's so kind to me. I have to think of a really really good Christmas present for him. It's only a month away, and I'm saving up.

I have to think of a good Christmas present for everyone.

Right now we're on fall break, and Thanksgiving is tomorrow.

Mother is working, and I guess I'll sit at home and watch the parade.

I'm at work right now, and Gerard and I are having an argument on which hero is better; Batman or Superman.

"Superman has the word SUPER in his name. If that doesn't make him more important than Batman, then I don't know what does." I say.

"Superman has special powers; Batman has just got skills, which means he didn't just get born with them. He takes all the pain like a man. He doesn't just use his laser vision." Gerard says.

"Well yea but... Oh fine." I say defeated, "Batman does have a cool belt."

Gerard nods goes back to his comic book, but still kind of talks to me. "So Zoey, what are you doing for Thanksgiving?"

"Mother has to work, so I'm just going to watch the parade and sit around all day."

"What?! You're mom works on Thanksgiving!?! It's a holiday; shouldn't she be spending time with you?"

"She wants to work; she doesn't want to spend time with me." I say quietly.

"Well then you're coming over to our house, my mom's having this big Thanksgiving party thing. I was going to invite you and you're mom anyways. But you can just come."

"Well I don't-"

"Everyone's going to be there. You have to come, and my mom absolutely loves you. You don't wanna hurt her feelings do you?"

"Okay... I guess I'll come."

-The Next Day-

I'm wearing a gray turtle neck sweater and a nice pair of jeans. I carefully drive over to the Way's because the street has ice on it.

I'm really glad I'm going; I really didn't want to spend Thanksgiving alone.

I pull up to the house and park on the side of the street. I can hear music and people laughing. This is going to be an interesting evening.

"Zoey! Oh I'm so glad you could come." Donna says as she opens the door. I smile and nod.

"Thank you for inviting me."

"Well you're welcome. The boys are in the living room I think. You can give me your coat and just head on back."

I smile again and thank her, making my way towards the living room. I'm stopped by Mrs. Iero.

Now this woman, she's the nicest person I've ever met in my entire life... Next to Mrs. Wa-, I mean Donna. Sometimes I'll go over there to see Frank and I'll forget that he's at his dad's. But Mrs. Iero and I will talk sometimes. I think her and Donna are like the mothers I've never had. Well I had it once... but that was a long time ago.

I have a quick conversation with her, and then proceed to the living room.

The guys are all sitting around laughing about something. Then they spot me.

"ZOEY!" they all shout.

I smile and say hi, taking a seat next to Frank. He puts his arm around me and kisses me quickly.

We all sit around for awhile and Gerard goes off to find someone. I get thirsty so I get up to grab a drink and on the way to the kitchen Gerard stops me.

"Zoey, I want you to meet someone very special to me." he says referring to the older woman behind him. "This is my grandma, Elena. Grandma this is my friend Zoey."

I have a short conversation with them, then I go to the kitchen and get a coke.

I go back to the living room, and all the guys are talking with a man I've never seen before, but he seems really familiar.

"Oh, hey Zoey. C'mon, come meet me and Gerard's dad." Mikey says.

I smile as I approach them, but then smile turns to shock and the man turns around.

"Daddy?"
♠ ♠ ♠
OHHHHH CLIFFY!!!