‹ Prequel: Smile

Better Than Revenge

four

Jenn hasn't left her room since discovering her face was covered in red blotches. She couldn't understand how it happened but slowly the blotches started to disappear over the course of a few days and the swelling from her broken nose went away. She decided that she wouldn't come out of the room until she looked like her normal self. Meanwhile as Jenn was in her room hiding from the world Arabella hatched phase two of her plan.

"Hey Jon, I need to get a few things from the store could you drive me? Kaner is sleeping and you know how he likes to sleep." Arabella asked Jonathan who was eating breakfast with some of the guys.

Everyone was shocked that out of everyone Arabella asked Jonathan. She hadn't said a word to him publicly since she arrived. All Jonathan did was nod his head, grabbed his keys and followed Arabella out of the house. Shewasn't wearing heels which showed the obvious height difference between the two but Jonathan always loved how tiny she was compared to him.

"I was thinking about making crepes for everyone tonight or tomorrow morning. What do you think?" Arabella asked Jonathan on the ride to the grocery store.

Jonathan remembered how every morning Ara would have a hot meal waiting for him on the table. It was always some french food which reminded Jonathan of his mother. "Crepes sound delicious, plus you could always make the best crepes in America."

"I don't think you've tried every crepe in America to say that Jon." Arabella said giggling at the expression of Jon's face.

"I don't need to have tried every single crepe in America to know yours was the best. I just knew." Ara knew from the looks in his eyes, he meant it whole-heartly and thats something Ara always loved about Jon. Even though he had a stone faced expression his eyes always gave him away.

"So, you and Kaner?" Jonathan asked after a couple minutes of silence between the two of them.

"I don't think you want to know Jon."

"Just tell me."

"Well it was a month after I left for Paris that Kaner decided to fly out to Paris to come and visit me. He was there for me after our break up and we got caught up with everything in Paris and one thing led to another."

"Are you happy?"

"Jon, let's not go there."

"Are you happy?" Jon persistently asked.

"Why wouldn't I be Jon? Kaner treats me good." Arabella asked Jon. To Jon this confirmed his greatest nightmare that Kaner and Arabella were officially together. It wasn't just a show that they were putting on to make him jealous, they were a legit couple completely hurting Jon.

Nothing was said between the two of them for the rest of the ride to the store or back to the house. Arabella knew what she said really hit Jonathan hard since he was probably expecting everything to be a show.

"Well I'm glad you're happy." Jon said grabbing the packages from the trunk of the car and walking them in for her.

"Thanks Jon."

When Jon and Ara got back from the store Kaner was already up and everyone was just lying around the living room. No one knew what to do since they had free time. Abby was stressing that they had free time, to her it felt like she was missing something.

"Good news, I found something for us to do! We're going tubing!" Sharpie excitedly announced to the lazy group of people.

"That's the dumbest idea ever Patrick! What if someone gets hurt? We're so close to our wedding." Abby shouted before storming up the staircase. She was under a lot of stress so everyone understood her little outburst.

Miraculously Patrick was able to convince Abby that tubing on the lake would be fun and no one would get hurt. So everyone got except for Jenn who opted to stay in the house because of her face. It was slowly healing but she didn't want to get out of the house until she looked normal.

With everyone of the house Jenn decided to sneak around into Arabella's and Kaners room. She wanted to get back at the two for doing what they did to her. She wasn't exactly sure what they did to her but she knew the blotches, broken heel and torn dress must have been from them. There was no way that it all could've happened to her even though Jon insist that it all just happened.

After snooping around for about an hour Jenn finally stumbled upon something that was sure to humiliate the two. Not only would it humiliate Arabella but it would also cause Jon to stay with her.

"I will partner you guys off." The instructor shouted pairing everyone together and just so happened Arabella was paired with Jon.

"Everyone must wear a life vest." The instructor said handing people vests.

"I wore a cute bikini for nothing." Arabella grumbled strapping on the life vest which basically covered almost her entire body. Jonathan couldn't help but laugh as he had to help Ara tighten her life vest, but he did agree that her hot pink bikini looked great on her.

Arabella was designated photographer so she was snapping pictures of all the pairs on the tubes. She got some great pictures of Abby and Sharpie right before Abby flew off the tube screaming. Next up was Arabella and Jon, and Arabella was shaking.

"Everything will be okay." Jonathan whispered before he gave the guy the thumbs up to start the boat. Jonathan could tell how nervous Arabella was and since he couldn't physically touch her all he did was offer words of encouragement.

Jonathan and Arabella lasted longer than all of the other pairs before Arabella flew off screaming her head off. Jon decided to fly off as well landing not far from where Arabella was. Jonathan noticed that she wasn't really swimming back to the boat, she sort of was just floating there.

"Are you okay Ara?" Jon asked frantically swimming to where she was.

"Jon, I lost my top. It must've unzipped and flew off! I can't get out of the water."

"Calm down, let me go down to see if I can find it."

After what seemed like 20 minutes of Jon bobbing up and down looking for Ara's top everyone on the boat was getting a little worried. Ara was going to be so embarrassed if Jon couldn't find it.

"Found it!" Jon shouted holding up her top half out of breath.

"If I wasn't half naked I would totally hug you Jon! Thank you so so so much!"

Abby was watching her two friends swim back to the boat after Jon had found Arabella's bikini top. And if she wasn't mistaken they had the same giddy look when they first started to go out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another update! Please keep the comments coming :D