Status: Active

Paths of Hatred

Hello, California

**Jax's Point Of View**

"Hey Mom, have you seen my iPod charger?" I shouted down the stairs to my mother, who was helping me with my suitcases. It had been 2 months since she had to come get me from juvie, and there hadn't been any other incidents. Well okay, I let a few cuss words slip here and there, and threw a tantrum once. But compared to my former ways, I was docile as a lamb.

I was going to spend the last two weeks of summer break, and my last year of high school, in California with my brother. Matthew, he was my dark angel. We get along so well, its like we're twins. I can tell Matty anything and he rarely judges me. I'm not going to say we don't have our moments of screaming matches and door slamming competitions, because we aren't perfect. In the end, we usually end up together in the kitchen, making sandwiches or cereal, and glaring at each other while we eat. Then one of us laughs, calls the other a douche and make up. Great relationship we have right? Haha.

"It's probably behind your bed, Jakilyn. You're going to be 18 soon, please start acting like it!"

My mother was yelling, getting stressed out at me, what with all the packing and the losing things and the leaving for almost a whole year..

"Okay!" I yelled back. "Sorry!"

I found my iPod charger and began shoving things into my carry on. iPod? Check. Journal? Check. Pens? I don't know if the TSA will let me through security but, check. Snacks? Check, check, check. Netbook? Check!

"Jax." I turned and looked at my Mom. She was smiling tiredly.

"Yes?" I replied, drawing out the 's'. I was still busy packing.

She sat down on my bed, and patted a clear area next to her. "Come, sit, I want to talk to you."

I sat down next to her and crossed my legs, waiting for her to speak.

"Jax, I just want you to know how glad I am that you came to your senses before you got too old to turn around. 18 is just around the corner for you, and if you had continued doing what you were doing, you'd have ended up behind bars with dangerous women. And I've heard some of them arent even considered "women" anymore. Plus they make weapons and take advantage of young pretty girls like you-" She stopped, and drew in a shaky breath.

"I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm happy. For you. As your mother I want you to have the best life possible, and a couple months ago I wasn't sure if you would be able to. But now, since you've gotten better, I can honestly say I have high hopes for your future."

I looked at her. She had tears in her eyes. As usual, they were because of me. But for the first time in who knows HOW long, they weren't tears of sadness. They were tears of joy.

"And maybe, while you're in California, you can get an internship. I know how much you love designing. If you find something, I'll have Matty arrange it. Don't worry about the monetary aspects."

"Are you serious?" I asked, not believing my ears. I hugged my mom tightly. She hugged me back, just as tight.

"Yes. I am. Now we better get going or else you'll miss your flight."

I hopped off the bed quickly and shrugged on the old baseball jacket that used to belong to my brother. I grabbed my carryon and my boarding pass, took one last look at my room, then turned to walk out.

**Matty's Point Of View**

"Zachary. Give me the car keys...Zach! You're being a big douchebag right now!"

Twenty three year old Matthew Sanders lunged across the couch and tackled one of his best friends, Zachary Baker. Wrestling the car keys away from him, Matt jumped up and laughed like a maniac. "I prevail, Zacky! As usual." Zacky rolled around until he was on his back, then flipped Matt the bird. "Its Vengeance to you, Shadows. And I'll get you next time!" Matt just nonchalantly pulled on a biker jacket over his sleevless Iron Maiden tee. "Whatever. I have to go..run an errand. You better not be here when I get back." Zacky rolled his eyes and got up off the floor. "Oh, and tell Jimmy to get out too, whenever he finishes that paper." Matt added. Zacky rolled his eyes again and mock bowed. "As you wish, Sir Sanders." Ducking a flying boot, he muttered something to himself and cringed when Matt slammed the door.

Matt fired up his old black '67 Impala, and cursed when he heard it clicking. He'd have to get that fixed. Backing out the driveway, he drove slowly towards the express way, thinking about his and his sister's past life. He used to tell the same story to every psychiatrist he was sent to.

Our dad, he was a drunk. Good for nothing, violent, alcoholic son-of-a-bitch. He wasn't always like that, nope. He used to be a business man. A smooth operator. I think thats what drew Mom to him in the first place. He was well rounded, business savvy, and had a good heart. Or so she thought. When I was 17, and my sister was 12, soon to be 13, he changed. He lost interest in his businesses, began drinking, and had violent rages out of nowhere. I began to hate him. He tried to rule my life, threatening me, throwing things at me. I didn't really care, because I could stand up for myself, fight for myself. What made me SO mad was how he picked on and threatened my mother, whom he used to love. And what made it worse, was that he DIDN'T care. My little sister would be in the same room, the same area, when he would hurt and yell at Mom. I mean, who does that?! She was so young, so impressionable. So vulnerable and weak.

I eventually moved out, and one night while my dad was passed out, she packed up a few of her and Jax's things and moved away to Chicago. He never knew what happened. I heard from our old neighbors that he woke up and flew into a rage, calling my mother's name over and over again. Throwing things, breaking things, and making a general mess. That day, he ate his heart out. He lost the 3 most important people who ever cared about him. And it was all because of the bottle he couldn't put down. He came looking for me once, beating on my door and screaming for me to tell him where they had gone. My mother eventually got a secret restraining order against him for herself, my little sister and I. We haven't heard from him in a while, and we plan to keep it that way.


//end pov

Hitting the highway, it took him a half hour to get to Long Beach Airport where his little sister was waiting. LBA was pretty small, so it only took him a few minutes to spot her, and her five red suitcases.

Pulling over into the JetBlue terminal, Matt put the car in park and gracefully exited the vehicle.

"Jax! Its your favorite brother!" Matty called out to his sister, grin wide and arms wider .

"You're my ONLY brother, Matty."
Matt pretended to pout and extended his arms forward.

"No hug for your favorite only brother?"

Jax shrugged. "Ahh what the heck." and jumped into his waiting arms. "MATTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!"

Matt squeezed his favorite only sister tightly, then dropped her and began putting her things in the trunk.

"Been behaving , skunk bucket?" Matt asked as he took suitcases from Jax's hands.

"Of course I have, douche breath." Jax rolled her eyes at her brother when he made a face.

"Douche breath, thats a new one."

"Whatever, bro. Lets goooo I'm dying for some Matty Special."

Matt eyed his sister.

"Don't EVER say that around my friends. Ever."

Jax smiled teasingly.

"Awww Matty Watty's friends don't know he can cook?"

Matt took off in a cloud of smoke and rubber, gripping the steering wheel tightly. Jax rolled her eyes again and fastened her seatbeat.

"Geez, all you had to say was no. Jollibee, then."

Matty relaxed.

"Anything you want, sissyyyy!"

Jax fake hacked.

"Don't ever call me that."

Matty just smiled.

"I hope you know, I'm helping you get a job. Mom said so."

Jax stopped fiddling with the radio and turned to face Matt.

"You mean my internship, right?"

He smirked.

"Not just that, but an actual job. I'm thinking Starbucks Coffee Barista? You make a helluva cup of coffee."

Jax's mouth dropped in horror.

"No way. You wouldn't. Starbucks is populated by preps! You KNOW I hate preps!" her eyes narrowed.

"Calm down lil sis. The Starbucks by your new school is a mix of people. You'll love it!"

Jax gave him the evil eye and pouted, crossing her arms.

"Bet I won't."

Matty patted her arm.

"Bet you will...just stay away from Andrew Biersack."

Jax rolled her eyes at her brothers tone of voice.

"Who's Andrew Biersack?"

Matty's eyes darkened.

"Someone I don't want you hanging around."

Jax shrugged.

"Whatever you say, bro."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, this was a re-write . Sorry, I wasn't completely finished (=

BTW, the Rev is definitely in this . <3