Back Seat Confessions on Valentine's Day

1/1

“What are you doing?” I asked with a smile.

Justin continued looking at me with a light sparkle in his dark brown eyes. He had a smile on his face and he looked amused. “I’m looking at you. I thought that was obvious.” He laughed at his own lame joke and I felt my heart flutter.

“Always the joker.”

He continued smiling and began stroking my hair. We were currently in the backseat of his car. His break from touring was soon coming to an erupt end. Justin only three days left of being free before touring started again. He had confided in me that he had to fight tooth and nails with his manager to get these last three days off. I asked him why and he smiled shyly at me and told me that he wanted to spend Valentine’s Day with me. I smiled at that sweet little memory and adjusted my head that was currently resting in his lap.

I grabbed his hand and placed it on my stomach. “Well, Happy Valentine’s Day Justin!”

“You too babe, you too.”

I nervously picked at the tattered strings on the bottom of his shirt. I twirled them around my finger, almost to the point of the circulation being cut off.

Justin frowned and pulled my finger away. “Don’t do that. You might hurt yourself.”

I shrugged. “Maybe that would be for the best.”

“What’s wrong with you? It’s like you’re mad at me or something. Did I do something wrong? If I did, you can just tell me.” Justin silently pleaded at me through his eyes and I felt bad.

I shifted up from his lap and moved to the left seat. I rubbed my arm and looked up at him.

Justin was staring at me and his looked crestfallen. As much as I tried to ignore the nagging feeling inside of me, I felt lost. I noticed everything about Justin now. I’ve noticed how much he’s changed. Every time he’s come back from touring, it’s like he’s a new person. When he came back a month ago he had changed so much. He had lost his signature hair, now sporting off a newly thinned out style. He seemed so much older also. He was still as young as ever, but it was becoming more obvious that he was turning into a fine young man.

Most of all, I was worried that he was going to wake up one day and realized that he didn’t need me anymore. That gnawing thought kept me up every night that he was gone. It was an excruciating thought that went directly to my heart.

Justin moved right next to me and held my hands in his lap. “Is there something wrong? I can tell that there’s something eating you up. That sad look in your eyes give it all away.”

I couldn’t keep it in any longer. I had to let it all go and before I knew it, I was rapidly confessing all my secrets and doubts about our relationships. “Justin, I just love you so much. You honestly have no clue. And every time that you leave to go on tour or even just tell my bye, I feel like it’s the last time we’ll be together. I hate seeing you go; it kills me so much inside.” There was so much more I wanted to say, but before I could, Justin had pulled me into his lap. My head was resting against his chest and I was hiccupping.

“Shh,” he murmured as he stroked my back. “Just let it all out. You’ll never have to feel that way again as long as you listen to what I’m about to tell you. Deal?”

I nodded my head. “Deal.”

“Baby, don’t ever think that way ever. I love your more than you’ll ever know. You know all those songs I pour my heart out to everyday? They’re all about you. You inspire me more than anything in the whole wide world. You make everything worthwhile to me. Every second that we’re not together feels like a thousand hours trudging by. You deserve everything, baby. You deserve the stars and you deserve love and so much more. Please just believe me.”

Justin tightened his grip on me as a fresh wave of tears poured down. I didn’t know what to say, even if I could form coherent words. I simply kissed his neck and I knew that he understood. After a minute and my tears had subsided, I pulled my face up and looked at him. He smiled and I felt relieved. “What a way to spend Valentine’s Day, eh?” I asked with a slight giggle.

“As long as I get to spend it with you, I’m fine with anything.”
♠ ♠ ♠
<3