Even Though I'm on My Own, I Know I'm Not Alone

020

3 months have passed by. I still had 6 more to go. I was getting more and more antsy, so I had to keep myself busy constantly.

I feel really bad for Reyna, the babies are gonna be grown and walking by the time Ben get's back. He's missing it all.

I was sitting on the couch reading, and Brooklyn was in a stance.

"Brooklyn?"

She didn't even notice I was talking to her, she was just staring out into space. Her eyes were flickering. Then 5 seconds later, she just started eating her food again.

She didn't even realized something had happened.

It was scaring me.

"Are you okay, baby?"

"What do you mean, mommy?" She smiled at me.

"What were you staring at?"

"I've just been eating my 'carroni."

And then she did it again, not knowing what she was doing.

So I took her to the hospital. I'm neurotic about her health.

"She was having Absence Seizures." The doctor said.

"WHAT?"

"During a typical absence seizure, the child will abruptly stop whatever he or she is doing, and will stare vacantly, sometimes with fluttering eyelids. During the seizure, which usually lasts about 5 to 10 seconds, the child is unresponsive. He or she then promptly resumes activity with full consciousness, and has no memory of the seizure. Such spells may occur dozens of times per day. They can cause attentional and academic problems for a child in school. Absence seizures also can place children at increased risk of accidental injury."

"So this is just going to happen for the rest of her life."

"She can take medication for it to slow it down, and she may grow out of it later in life. It all depends. Now this can also lead to Complex Partial Seizures."

"And what the f... what are those?"

"Consciousness is always impaired to some degree during the episode."

"Well can you give me some symptoms that might occur so I can be prepared?"

"Jerking or tingling of an extremity, hallucinations that affect sight, sound, taste, and smell, automatisms, controlled, repetitive movements, such as lip smacking or fumbling, confusion, nausea, dizziness, and hallucinations."

"I'm so glad you know what you're talking about."

"Support might also help. Is her father around?"

"Not really."