Even Though I'm on My Own, I Know I'm Not Alone

023

Danny told me they were coming home today. I was really nervous. I was hoping I would be out by the time James got here, but who knows.

The divorce papers are still laying on the table next to a pen, and my ring is laying on top of them so they don't fly away.

The only thing that has changed in a good way is that Brooklyn is getting better. She was at school right now, so she wouldn't be home when James got home, thank God.

I was about to walk out the door when the doorbell rang.

I panicked, what was I supposed to do? I didn't wanna face him, nor talk to him...

I took a deep breath and opened the door slowly. James was leaning against the door frame and grinning at me.

Nothing's really changed, except his hair was a little longer.

"Hey, sweet cheeks." He picked me up and hugged me tight, kissing me. I was shaking. He sat me down and stared at me.

"Hi." I scratched the back of my head with my left hand.

He glanced over it, and then his eyes shot back down to my hand.

"W-where's your wedding band?"

"On the table." I looked at my feet.

He walked over to the table, and scoffed. "What the fuck are these?"

"Papers you need to sign." I shut the door and slowly walked towards him, he was glaring at me with anger.

"Are you fucking serious? You fucking divorce me while I'm gone? This is bullshit. I'm not signing these."

"Well, I can just tell my lawyer that you failed to cooperate and I can have someone legally sign them for you." I mumbled.

"Who are you? Why the fuck are you doing this?"

"You said you wanted space." I tapped my foot.

"I still love you, and I'm not signing this shit. If someone else has to be my consent it's probably going to take awhile, and in that time I'm going to convince you to stay." He shook his hand at me.

"Good luck with that, because I'm not staying here with you. Pick Brooklyn up at school, she probably wants to fucking see you."
♠ ♠ ♠
this was short. sorry.
but yeah, danny got the most votes.
but for all you james lovers, i will make an alternate ending and release it shortly after the final chapter.
<3333