Even Though I'm on My Own, I Know I'm Not Alone

005

James and I decided to go hang out at Ben's, and around one o'clock Danny showed up, with a guest.

"Guys, this is Audrey. My new girlfriend. Audrey, this is James, his girlfriend, ahem, wife Bekah, their daughter Brooklyn, Ben and his girlfriend Reyna, Cameron and his girlfriend Kaelan, Sam and his girlfriend Teagan."

"Nice to meet you all." She smiled. She actually seems genuine and she was very pretty, I'm glad that Danny found someone other than Alexis. That bitch.

"Oh! I hate to rush off, but I have a shoot to go to." I smiled.

"Since when did you get back into modeling?" Ben asked me.

"Since I got a call. I'll be back in a few hours." I kissed James and Brooklyn and grabbed my purse. "It was nice to meet you, Audrey!" She smiled at me and I left.

I arrived at the tattoo shop, that's where we were doing the shoot. I was just going to be laying there on a table with a ink pen in my hand, naked.

"Okay if you could just put your legs up and arch your back just a little bit for this last photo?"

I did as I was told and when I was finished, I changed and went back to look at all of the pictures.

"Bekah, your husband is on the phone. He says it's important."

"What's wrong?" I grabbed the phone.

"It's Brooklyn. We have to take her to the hospital. She stood up and got really dizzy, and then she fell and couldn't catch her breath. She's still not breathing right."

"Oh my God, okay, I'll meet you down there as soon as possible. I love you."

"I love you, too, see you soon."

I sped over to the hospital, even though it still took me half an hour to get there.

I went into the north building and to the 3rd floor and Ben was sitting in the waiting room.

"Where have you been? Your child almost died!"

"What are you talking about?! Where's Reyna?"

"She's throwing up in the bathroom.... they had to get the shocker things out and everything! She just stopped breathing!"

I pushed past him and ran into the room. James was sitting beside her.

"Is she okay?!" I screamed.

"She is now, she's sleeping. If she wasn't strong like you, she wouldn't have made it."

"Thank God. My poor baby." I sat down in James' lap and grabbed her clammy hand. She twitched.

James rested his chin on my shoulder blade. "The doctor said her anemia was getting worse. And until she gets better, we're going to have to watch her very closely, because she is so young."

"This is all my fault. I did bad things while I was pregnant with her."

"You didn't know!"

"I should have, none of this would be happening right now!"

"You're just going to have to let it go and deal with it, for her."
♠ ♠ ♠
oh