Status: Abandon

Got A Secret?

Shock

"You can never tell who she's talking to on the phone. I saw it go off once, it was her Mom calling but when she answered she started saying things like, "No I have yet to receive the shipment. I'll leave it in our drop off spot. I think Tanger thought that she was dealing drugs, cause that's what it sounded like. If shes in a room full of people she's usually pretty out there with her statements probably to warn people that it isn't a good time to talk. Why she does that I have no idea, one of the many mysteries that is Rachel Keller".

I laugh loudly throwing my head back in complete amusement. The awkward stillness in the locker room had finally been broken as Jordan slid his iPod into a dock and turned it up, familiar words from my childhood blaring through the air. Sidney had, well, he had a little asshole attack just as practice ended and had snapped at Max who was quietly licking his wounded ego in the corner, muttering to himself in French whilst sending our captain odd looks with a mix of annoyance and amusement. No one really knew what happened other then Max had said, “Twenty-bucks, Sid” and then he got a verbal abusing that we had never seen delivered to one of us before. Ever.

That was saying something since I had the attention span of a drunken squirrel and was often the one who got the blunt of anger directed at them.

"Getting jiggy with it!" Jordan yells looking all kinds of ridiculous. First of all he was a horrible dancer and seeing his large frame dancing alone in the middle of the room looked just sad.

"Na na na na na na na, na na na na na na" I offer, standing and doing a little dance, bobbing my head from side to side, wiggling my hips. It probably looked weird since I was only half changed still wearing my pants and shin pads, but who was I to let Jordan crash and burn?

"Getting jiggy with it" Jordan sings once more making me laugh as he walked over to twirl me around. Someone turns the music up as we continue to dance for our teammates. I giggle girlishly as Jordan attempts to shimmy, urging me to join him in going back in forth. I shake my head, and smack my hand back in forth mid air as if I was hitting an invisible butt. Ah how it was great to grow up in the 90's and experience Will Smith's rapping talent.

I often wondered about Jordans sanity sometimes, then something like this would happen and I'd realize we were all a little crazy in our own way. I continued to sing and dance with Jordan until Marc calling my name caught my attention.

"Telephone!"
I rush over grabbing my phone from him and trying to even my breath. The last thing I needed was for it to be my mother. She had a dirty mind and would surely accuse me of being in the midst of sex. Because I’d stop to answer the phone apparently, well in her world.
"You’ve reached Don’s Pizzeria, press 5 to place an order." I answer it, gesturing for the guys to turn the music down so I could hear what was being said on the other end. So far all I heard was some grumbling and I think a cuss word.

"Keller?" a familiar voice almost demands making me inwardly groan. I did not want to be talking to him on the phone, especially in the locker room.
"Ovechkin, I told you not to call me unless you were going to throw yourself off the Washington monument. You don't sound drunk and depressed. What do you want?" I ask seeing multiple heads shoot up around me. Marc who I was now seated beside, leans in closer pressing his ear to the other side of the phone.
"You come play for team."
His voice didn’t make it sound like a question. It was a demand.

"Sorry what was that? Dinner tonight? Sorry I can't" I reply biting my lip to hold in a laugh. I watch as Sidney's head shoots up from his stall and his eyes narrow at the phone that was pressed to my ear.

Marc elbows me in what I figure was suppose to be a "knowing" manner but I shove him away, attempting to push him off the bench with my foot.

"This is why I no call you like annoying animal". Woof.
"Oh I'm sure you are an animal in bed, however-"
"Call when you make decision, I have better thing to do." he interrupts before hanging up. I shrug and throw my Blackberry down on my pile of discarded clothing hearing no noise around me.

"Mon dieu" Marc snorts loudly breaking the silence after a moment, "You are such a pain in the ass". I grin and bend down to take my shin guards off. Oh well.
____________________________________________________________________________

We lost, to the Hurricanes of all people. I think Eric Staal was a little surprised when I gave him the finger, but what's done was done. We all seemed pretty intent on getting out of our gear and leaving as quickly as possible, it was Max however who noticed our absent captain just before we all got ready to leave the room and subject ourselves to media torture.

"You guys go, I'll wait for him. I have to ask him a question anyways" I tell them, I was pretty sure Sidney was still in the shower trying to drown himself or something. He hadn't had a good night, he had missed a bunch of shots and then got sent to the box for arguing with the ref, who was, in his defense making pretty shitty calls. I mean they are supposed to be impartial but he seemed to hate us for all sorts of reasons.

I sat down on the carpet, crossing my legs and leaning back against the bench waiting for him to emerge from the showers. I was leaving for the airport after this to go home for the weekend. It was my brothers 19th birthday. Turning 19 in Canada was great and I intended to be there and help my younger brother get sloshed so I could black mail him later on in life. Besides he still owed me for totaling my car, which I was picking up while I was there since it had been fixed and I was using it to meet the guys in Montreal for our game Monday night. A nice long reflection period, yep. That and I was leaving my car in Montreal at a storage place that was going to ship it to Pittsburgh for me later this month. I needed to get rid of my rental; it was annoying and got dirty too easily.

"You stayed" Sidney's voice cuts through the room; I look up and offer him a small smile trying to ignore the somewhat pained look on his face. He took loses personally no matter what, but when he actually did have a bad night it was worst. He'd probably drag himself into the training room later, or go harass someone into giving him the game tape so he could study it all night and curse his own existence.

"Yeah I wanted to make sure you were okay," I admit standing up as he reaches for his bag and coat. He was already dressed so he must have just been waiting until he thought the rest of us had left. "and to say bye. I'm leaving tonight". I adjust the strap of my own bag on my shoulder and fall into step beside him as we both leave the room quietly consumed in our own thoughts.

I had considered asking him to come with me, even before we lost. Bought an extra ticket and everything. I gave up on that idea though deciding my blood pressure couldn't take it and had asked Evgeni. Mainly because I wanted him to spend some time in Canada, but more so to get him away from Oksana who seemed to be getting on his nerves. I don't really know what was going on between the two of them but all I know is her little Russian self had came in after practice the other day and, glared at all of us before perching herself down and gibbering in rapid fire pointing at herself and her watch. I was beginning to wonder if I could get her deported, surely her visiting time was up.

"So uh" Sidney starts moving his arm up to scratch the back of his neck, "is Geno still coming with you? Or are you going alone?"
"He was going to, but then decided to stay here. I'll be going alone, then I'll be driving up to Montreal and meet you guys there".
"Driving, by yourself, from Toronto? Is that such a good idea?" he asks opening a door ahead of us, allowing me to pass through first. I frown, I was a good driver and it wasn't really that far. It would be nice to see more on a trip other then some clouds or have to deal with Jordan's snoring.

”I apologize” Keller says with a yawn, “I don’t mind road trips but when we spend the night on the bus I have to deal with Staal’s snoring. I’ve tried everything, ear plugs, music but it’s just so freaking loud! He usually sits by me when we have our longer trips because he gets bored pretty easily and the guys rather we entertain each other then bother their little game circle. But then when he falls asleep I also get to deal with his snoring. “

"I'll be okay, I don't think I need a babysitter, unless you're volunteering for the job" I joke, not at all expecting his answer. "I don't mind."
My jaw drops, as I stop walking just before the doors to the parking lot. Did he just agree to come?

"W-what?" I stutter, I could feel my heart beating rapidly now, fluttering in excitement. He was going to come? We were going to travel together? Sleep in the same house, mingle with my family, and road-trip.. Alone.. together. I don't think my hormones could handle this.

"I have an hour right? I'll just add some more clothes since I'm already packed for Monday. Shouldn't take me long, it's your brothers birthday right?" he asks, his face looking brighter then it had a few moments ago. I just nod still in slight shock. "Great well, you're packed right? Do you just want to leave your car here? We'll go to my place first and then go get your stuff?"

Again I just nod and follow him wordlessly out.
This is not what I had expected.
I didn’t even get to ask him if I could borrow The Hangover for the weekend.