Status: Abandon

Got A Secret?

Home

"Keller forgets to use her 'indoor voice' sometimes. There have been a few times during road trips that I can hear her talking from her room which is always the last one at the end of the hall. We tell her she's down there for protection, if someone came after her they'd have to get through all us in the end. Really it's because she yells at the T.V and no one can stand listening to her at night when she's talking on the phone. She's almost gotten us kicked out of a few hotels, she’s one of those people who believe you can actually run faster in hotel hallways."

"Moth-errrrr!" I whine seeing my bedding stacked on the foot of the couch, I don’t know how I didn’t notice it earlier but I had assumed I was taking my brothers room. "How come Sidney get's my room? It's going to smell like boy. Kick Rob out of his and make him sleep there." I shrink slightly seeing the glare I was getting from my mother who was seated comfortably on the other couch talking with Sidney. Actually she was borderline flirting, my Dad was pretending not to notice. He'd just shrug at me every few minutes and I'd remember I was not to be jealous of my own mother. No matter how many times she patted his knee.

I mean I wanted to be the one sitting beside him, patting his knee. Touching his shoulder, but I couldn’t do that. Well I probably could, I just was still getting over our little moment in the kitchen the other day. So close.

"I'm the birthday boy, you can't kick me out of my bed!" Robert, my now 19-year-old brother protests form his seat on the floor. He glares up at me mockingly shoving a large bit of birthday cake into his mouth. Chewing obnoxiously with his mouth open, Rob blows a few crumbs up at me, sadly he didn't change his behavior for guests.
Yes Sidney, welcome to my childhood home, this is my cougar mother, my disgusting brother and my father who really doesn’t give a fuck as to what is going on around him. Welcome to the nuthouse my friend.

“You’re a pig, when you choke on that and I have to call the ambulance I’ll be sure to tell them that you just turned 19 and are still stupid enough to choke on cake”. I tell Rob wiping some crumbs off my pants roughly. I heard Sidney talking to his sister over the phone this afternoon when we landed. They were so adorable, Rob got over the fact I was home three minutes later and punched me. I glare down at Rob, that’s right eat up little brother you're going to be throwing it up in a few hours time.

"Rachel," my Mom starts in that condescending tone that made me groan, "go get dressed. Stop your whining you aren't 5 anymore.”

I put on a showy pout before walking over to the stair case, stomping loudly up them like I was a five year old getting ready to have a temper tantrum.

"We're so happy she's home, really" I hear Rob shout after me, giggling I throw open my bedroom door. I freeze when the smell of Sidney's cologne hits me full force, his scent from his open bag already embedding itself into my room. I wasn't going to lie, I rather smell him then the clean linen my room usually smelt like. My Mom usually put dryer sheets over my air vent saying my room smelt funky. It felt almost natural to see his stuff laid out on my bed. Almost like it wasn't anything new, The fact he was staying in my house, staying in my room just felt right.

When we arrived my Mom took to him instantly, rather then running over to me, her eldest child and only daughter she grabbed Sidney into a hug telling him how delighted she was that he came. Sidney was polite of course, amused her the whole way home telling her stories of our travels and things I had intentionally left out during calls home. Stories like almost getting us all kicked out of the hotel, or Coach finding out I was the one who always pranked him. I was 22 years old and spent the whole drive to our house being scolded like a teenager. Please I got disciplined enough by Pascal.

"Ohhh Keller got an earful this morning," Max Talbot tells cameras, "apparently she has been the one asking for 3 a.m wake up calls for Coach's room. I guess she went to the desk and asked this time, so when Coach asked they described her. I wouldn't have wanted to be her this morning at breakfast".

Mom was the only one who fawned over him thankfully; Dad and Rob were Leaf's fans until the end. Of course they were my fans but they still kept that blasted 'Go Leafs Go' window flag on the car year in and year out. In Toronto you didn't have to cheer for the Leafs, it wasn't a rule. But please, for the love of god do not. I repeat do not drive down the 401 with an Ottawa Senators window flag. Toronto drivers aren't forgiving in that sense, and you will be honked at and flipped the bird.

I root around through my closet looking for the black dress I had wore to my contract signing back all those months ago. It was that little black dress every girl should had. It wasn't party fun but I wasn't going to be drinking tonight I was going to be chaperon for Rob and my captain who desperately needed to cut loose. I had no need to look desirable when I didn't want to attract attention tonight. It was now that I realized that I had a whole lot of shit in my closet. Clothes that didn’t fit but I refused to throw away, random craft supplies and textbooks from my University days.

I didn’t expect to need my Spanish I textbook again but you could never be too sure. I pick up my old French binder from the same year and leaf through it briefly before returning to my search. Clothes, more clothes. Jerseys, a whole bunch of notes from high school. My Team Canada gear was in a protective plastic slip hanging along side my extra jersey. I was tempted to put on the jacket just to relive the times.

Finally finding the dress I slip my jeans and t-shirt off leaving them in a pile on my floor. I may not be sleeping up here but really, it was my room, and it could be as messy as I wanted. Besides Sidney had seen my room at Mario's he wouldn't be surprised. Walking over to my vanity I flip my head upside down and hair-spray it, instant volume. Some eyeliner, a bit of mascara and a pinch of cream blush and I was done. This was probably the most makeup I had worn in months. With the guys around they often teased me when I put on a simple layer of foundation, which I usually didn't go without. I had always been a little self conscious about my skin, mostly because of it's uneven tone. A result from clogged pours and sweat that was never scrubbed out from hockey and overall lazyness.

I scrunch my hair a few more times to fluff it up, we were going to a few pubs tonight so I would most likely be slipping on some flats which I'm pretty sure I had left here before I moved to Pittsburgh. I didn't really need the height of heel's and rather be comfortable then not be able to feel my toes in the morning.

"RACHEL LET'S GO!"
Let the night begin.
____________________________________________________________________________

"Man you're cool!" my brother exclaims giving Sidney a friendly push as we exit our third pub.We had started further away, took a cab to the pub before this one then braved the fifteen minute walk to the third which we were now leaving. Now thankfully we were just down the street from home. I had been ushering the two around all night, Rob was sufficiently intoxicated and Sidney a little tipsy and by a little I just meant he was a little more cheerful then usual other then that I couldn't gauge how drunk he may or may not be. Either way the two of them had a slight Bromance going on and if I didn't watch I think Rob was going to start full on hugging him.

"You're pretty cool yourself Broseph"
"Naw! I'm Bro-b!"
"Okay" giggles Sidney, "Bro-b." Oh boy. Total Bromance they were even using 'I Love You, Man' as a guideline.

I roll my eyes at the pair as they sling arms around each other and both teeter towards our house on unsteady feet. The majority of the night had been amusing, Rob was smashed and used that to gain some courage and asked out one of my old class-mates from high school. I had carefully kept myself hidden not wanting to sign autographs or talk hockey with the guys in the bar. Sidney however, he was another story. He put on a toque, some non prescription glasses and let loose. Well only in the way Sidney lets loose, tossing back beers and keeping an eye on his surroundings. He wasn't stupid, he was careful and I was a little disappointed about that. I wouldn't have minded seeing him table dance or something... just saying.

"Rachel, Rachel, Rachel", Sidney says drawing my name out longer each time. I roll my eyes as his left arm snakes around my waist pulling me close. Alright, tipsy or not this was still nice. I feel the heat rush into my cheeks and instantly regret putting blush on, Lord only knows how red my cheeks were at the moment.

"Sidney, having fun buddy?" I ask with a laugh, Sidney closes his eyes slightly a grin on his lips. He looked content, and as bad as it was to say I think the alcohol did some good. I think it took the edge off seeing as his mood have obviously improved greatly. Tonight could have went two ways, happy Sidney, or depressed I'm-useless Sidney. I'm glad it was the first option.

"You're amazing you know that right?" Sidney asks causing Rob to groan in annoyance on his other side. I sigh contently as his arm draws me in closer still, his hand moving in a slow circle on my side. My god that felt nice, I suppress a shiver as we walk up the drive-way and I force myself to pull away to unlock the door which Rob was now scratching against like a lost kitten.
"Mommmmmmyyyy let us in", he whines pathetically causing Sidney to have to stifle his laughter behind his hand.

After getting them both in the house, and closing the door. I manage to silence them with a hard look when they start chuckling over nothing. I hold back my own laugh as I usher Rob up the stairs with one hand, and tug Sidney along with my other. I watch as Rob stumbles into his room and lets out a whoop of joy when he see's a bottle of water and an Advil which my Mom had left on his pillow. Happy 19th Birthday Rob, enjoy the hangover I mentally smirk. Oh how I don't miss those days. He had mixed a lot tonight, he was going to regret it. I know it wasn't his first time drinking but when you drink illegally you often have to stick to what you have and that's usually only one thing.

"Alright Sidders, let's get you to bed". I say quietly tugging his unwilling arm towards my room. He lets out a low groan, wrapping his arms around me, resting his chin on my shoulder. I try to ignore the billion feelings going through my body and keep walking dragging him into the room with me. His body was still leaned over mine, cheek and chin closer then they ever had been before.

"You're not going to leave me are you?"
"We'll I'm sure as hell not sleeping in here" I laugh pulling myself away ignoring the adorable pout on his face as he makes another grab for me. I dodge his arms and push him down onto the bed to get him seated, then once more to lay him down.

"We're leaving this morning so get some sleep." I instruct pulling the blanket over him. Surprisingly he let me baby him, he was either more intoxicated then I thought or in the serious need of some TLC. Either way we were leaving early this morning and he wasn't going to like me in 3 hours when I woke him up to get him into the car. It was Saturday now but I figure a day around Montreal to rest rather then drive was probably a better idea then driving down tomorrow exhausted.

He had settled now and was looking up at me from the bed, oddly serious. I arch an eyebrow as he pats the spot next to him. "I'm not drunk you know".
"Oh no?" I ask sitting down beside him, leaning against the head board. Just a few minutes here wouldn't hurt, right?

"I was serious though, I don't want you to leave"
"I'm right here?" I say, more confused now. What more did he want I was forgoing sleep for this conversation all I wanted was to go curl up on the couch.
"No, I mean the team. I don't want you to leave us, or Pittsburgh" he says seriously grabbing my closest hand and squeezing it. I look down and see his eyes glossy, yup. So drunk. Hides it well.

"I haven't decided anything yet Sidney"
"But you've thought about it?"
"Of course I have", I squeeze his hand back briefly before peeling myself away, I could see that it had started to snow a bit outside, being February I guess it was to be expected, but it still seemed ominous in a way.

"Rachel?"
"Yeah Sid?" I sigh, turning off the light I grab the door handle waiting for him speak again.
"Never mind." I could hear the frustration in his voice as he slammed his body fully down on the bed, and I watched as he drew the covers up over himself in frustration.

I close the door letting out a large breath, well looks like I wouldn't be getting any sleep tonight, now I got to ponder what he was going to say. Thanks for that Captain.
____________________________________________________________________________

"SIDNEY! THERE'S ONLY ONE BED!" I yell dropping my bag down on the floor of the hotel room. Our usually rooms for tomorrow weren't ready yet so we had to stay in this one tonight. Together and apparently in the same bed. Lord you must be testing me.

The ride had been uneventful, as predicted Sidney was a little grumpy when I woke him up after a three hour nap and ushered him into my black Jeep. It wasn't a car no, it was a black on black Jeep Commander and I loved it. He was pretty mellow for most of the drive hydrating and looking out the window. Conversation flowed like it normally did but I was running on about an hour sleep and coffee so I wasn't really paying too much attention to him. He did get excited when he saw a moose, well he thought it was a moose but I still don't think it was. Either way he was going to be a typical Canadian and brag about it when he saw the guys next. No wonder Americans make fun of us.

The car had been dropped off and all I wanted to do was have a short little nap, it was only 1 o'clock we had left at 5 a.m the drive taking us only a little longer then normal because of the few food and bathroom stops we made along the way.

"So, there is. Afraid to share Keller?" he asks waggling his eyebrows. I laugh a little nervously and shrug off my coat and sweater dropping them on the floor climbing into the large King sized bed; letting out a low moan of pleasure at the softness of the mattress. Screw hockey I was just going to stay here for the next week and sleep.

"What?" I ask seeing Sidney looking at me with a wide-eyed expression from the foot of the bed. He clears his throat and shakes his head before climbing in the other side a bit slowly. My mind captures the movement, hopefully recording it to showcase in a raunchy dream later.

I snuggle deeper into the covers and give a loud yawn, satisfied when I hear Sidney laugh and feel the bed shake under me. "Nap time?" he asks.
"Nap time" I agree closing my eyes.

Keller weird when she tired. Sometime she fall asleep in different room and someone have to carry her back. Sometime we don't, it funny when she wake up beside Max and scream. Loudest was when she woke up in Jordan bed and he wear no shirt. When she tired she no listen and in own world, good for me sometime she give me money she loose in bet we make. Even if she already pay back, two times". Evgeni Malkin laughs, earning a punch from his teammate.

"He likes to think he's funny ignore him, but yes the boys find it amusing to put me in different beds when I fall asleep in someones room. Sometimes after a game when we're hanging out I just kind of conk out a little early especially if we don't go out. There's only so much you can do in a hotel and there's only so many chairs and couches so I usually get stuck sitting on a bed. I don't usually put together that it's someone's room and just snuggle in. Its quite the surprise to wake up the next morning and have someone's morning breath in your face. I rather that then they move all my furniture in the hallway though, they make you move that shit back yourself and it's not easy".


It was warm, way too warm. I try to kick my feet out from under the blanket and silently curse when it doesn't move obviously tucked under the end of the bed. The weight and warmth around me felt unatural and when I move my hand I struck a body. His body.
"Sidney, I'm hot" I groan trying to wrestle away from the blanket, he draws me in closer tightening his hold around my back. I tip my head up and see him grinning down at me, a happy glint in his eye.

"I vote" he whispers, his hot breath hitting my face. I could smell the mint from the gum we both bought after lunch, its smell stunning me slightly. "We stay here a little longer".
"But I'm hot" I whine trying to wiggle away. He tightens his hold once more.
"We're not teammates today"
"What are you talking about?" I ask confused, finally managing to kick my leg out the side of the covers, sighing when I feel the cooler air hit my skin. That was much better.

"We're not teammates today" he repeats simply. I frown, what the hell? Had he called Mario when I was asleep and told him I was going to accept some other contract?
"What? Why?" I ask, I could feel myself panic slightly. What if he had called? The stress bothering him too much and he told Mario I was going to play for Washington or worse Montreal! I couldn't play in Montreal the whole team hated me I yelled at them way too much in French, the majority of my French vocabulary being dedicated to cuss words and phrases.

"Because" he shrugs, I could feel his heart racing and see his cheeks becoming a little pink. Was he blushing? "I could never do this to a teammate".

And with that his lips hit mine. I almost felt myself melt into his arm, shocks of pleasure striking every point in my body. Sidney decided to once again make the next move, his one hand moving up to cradle my head as he moved his body over mine, trapping me in his arms. I had been surprised at first but not anymore, our lips move together hungrily all the frustrations and feelings being put into this first kiss. He nips my bottom lip gently before pulling back.

I almost whimper at the loss of his contact and snap my eyes open to see him looking down a vulnerable look on his face. I smile and see the emotion instantly disappear to be replaced with a shy grin.

"Well, I'm glad you don't do that to teammates. I don't think we'd ever get Geno onto the ice" I say breaking the silence, my voice slightly raspy. Sidney throws his head back and laughs before leaning down and pulling me towards him once more.

"I guess Geno was right when he told me to go for it". Sidney mumbles pressing a kiss to my cheek.

Yeah, remind me to thank that Russian...

"Keller and Crosby? No... nothing's going on. Wait what have you heard?" Jordan Staal asks reporters somewhat flustered. He looks around for a teammate suddenly angry. "GENO! It doesn't count if you interfered!" he yells as the center for the Pittsburgh Penguins emerges from the guest locker room.

"That 50 dollars Staal, I tell you I win. No interfere, just smart".