Status: Abandon

Got A Secret?

Friendships and Fans

"Keller receives her third penalty for fighting in the NHL, fight broken up between her and Michael Sauer of the New York Rangers."

"Excuse me? You did not just say that!" I yell holding my stick in front of me, bashing the end into his chest with a scowl. "You are not supposed to talk to women that way!" I growl dropping my gloves onto the ice, bringing my fist back to punch him right in that smug face.

The whistle is blown and I feel a pair of arms drag me away. Alright, so that was a slight over-reaction but the filth coming out of his mouth was uncalled for I've never even spoken to him before. A penalty, oh man I hated being sent to the box. I give our bench a shy wave and offer a shrug to Sidney who had an eyebrow raised in my direction.

I plop down in the bench ignoring the taps on the glass around me, last time this happened I had been greeted with a big hairy belly pressed against the glass. I was not looking around during a game every again. I watch the game resume and Max skate past following Marc Staal, I swear under my breath when Sauer skates by a smug smile on his face.

Another whistles blown a few seconds later and I spring up to see Sauer face down on the ice and Max making his way towards the box.

"Yo Talbo, welcome to detention! What’d you do? Spit balls again?" I question as Max is admitted entrance into the box. I can't believe I was stuck here for five freaking minutes. So what if I hit Sauer with my stick, so what if it was in chest. That 6"3 giant shouldn't try to proposition me on the ice when I'm in game mode.

"Let's make some magic after the game Keller, I'll show you how us American's do it". Seriously? Zach Parise pulled that line on me once before I showed him what my knee could do, what made him think he could get away with it? He had gone into more detail about what our night would be like but they were phrases I rather not repeat.

I groan as the clock stops once more and lean against Max who slings an arm around my shoulder, pulling me close, his head resting on top of mine. This was going to be the longest 5 minutes of my life. Not because of Max's display of friendship but because I always felt trapped in this box, though Max and I will probably be on the Penguins website tonight in this position. I can see the headlines now.

"I smashed him into the boards for you" Max assures me, good to know he had my back. How could I even think of leaving this team? Leaving these men who had become like brothers to me? Leaving some of my best friends? Leaving Sidney?

Sidney. The name sent a pleasant chill down my spine as I think of our last two weeks. Stolen kisses behind turned backs, him sneaking into my hotel room. Acting like silly teenagers who were trying to hide a relationship from their parents. Most of the team knew something was different we could tell, especially by the way they would watch us. How Max would try to flirt with me to get a rise out of Sidney. The glares Jordan sent us, and the grin we'd always get when seen together from Evgeni. Could I really leave all this though?

I watch as the game starts again, the puck dropped Jordan winning the face off and passing back to Kris. I bounce on my seat willing time to go faster this was agony!

"SHOOT THE FUCKEN PUCK!!" I yell springing up as he makes a shot; the puck bounces off the crossbar. Max swears beside me, and pulls me down onto the bench. It wasn't very roomy in here the camera guy who was...watching..us taking up more room then I thought was necessary.

"Hi I'm Rachel Keller"
"Rachel" Max hisses smacking my head with his gloved hand. I wince and shake out my hair pushing against him with all my strength, smirking when he falls onto the floor. Sweet success.
"Oh you're in for it now Keller" he warns jumping towards me from the ground tackling me down beside him. I laugh attempting to push him off me, punching him in the stomach when he attempts to grab my jersey to pull it over my head.

"Stop!" the camera man growls from behind us when we bump into his legs and tri-pod. Max and I both look up and snicker from out place on the ground before helping each other up and sitting down like noting had happen. His arm slung around my shoulder and his head rested on mine. Eyes trained on the game, and the clock. Awaiting our freedom.

I don't know if I could leave this...
____________________________________________________________________________

"Keller is very nice to her fans, she likes to hear everything they have to say and has even given her number out to a few. Those that get her number will usually send her a message when they have a hockey game, and I know she's taken Staal and Malkin with her to a few times. She'll usually just go to watch, we try to keep her appearances limited but she always makes time for her fans". Dan Bylsma tells reporters when Keller was reportedly seen rushing into arena very late after her teammates this morning.

"When we're done here can we go to a movie or something? PLEASE!" I beg as people continue to filter into the sports store we were set up at. I'm really glad they didn't give people a lot of warning for these things or we'd be there all night. I was hyper, hungry and jet-legged. As much as I loved fans, and being eye-raped or glared at I just wanted to go to the hotel and rest up for the game tomorrow once again against the Rangers.

"She complain lots, I hit?" Evgeni questions Sidney who was sitting between us. I narrow my eyes at him bringing up my middle finger briefly 'rubbing' my eye with it. Cheeky Russian.

"No, no hitting today. Let's just get through this quickly and then we can leave eh?" Sidney mumbles, giving us each a stern look. I suddenly felt like I was being scolded by a parent and lower my head, giving a brief nod.
"Good" Sidney nods, I lean back in my chair and wave my arm catching Evgeni's attention. I point at him, then drawing my hand across my neck in a head cutting manner, sticking my tongue out at him childishly.

"Rachel" Sidney says in a warning tone, I put my chair back on four legs and grin over at him, also giving him a small wink. With that done I turn to the line in front of me, gesturing for the first people to come forward.

"Wow, where did you find this picture?" I laugh seeing a very large picture of myself, making a rather unflattering face on the ice, smacked down in front of me.
"My Mom took it at your last game here for me. You're my favorite player." A little girl says shyly, her mother standing behind her a proud smile on her face.

"You're favorite player eh? Well thank you". I smile down at her, grabbing a silver sharpie and signing the photo, holding back a small grimace. Why did people have to take pictures at the worst time, hopefully this wasn't on the internet I don't want to even imagine the captions that have been added to it.

"Would you like a picture?" I ask kindly, when she nods eagerly I laugh and slide over the top of the table choosing to ignore the nervous looks I was getting from Evgeni and Sidney who were also signing autographs. I had nice little girls and ones that looked up to me. Half their fans would jump them given the chance, if they went in front of the table the store would become a mob scene.

I smile for the camera and give the girl a brief hug before jumping back over the table, zoning in on the girl in front of Sidney.

"You are like my favorite player, ever"
"Thank you" Sidney thanks her sincerely, accepting the jersey from her to sign. I giggle when I see MRS.CROSBY in big letters along the back. Oh she was one of those. There are fans of the game and our skill, and then fans of our looks. She was a looks person and by the way she was batting her eyelashes at Sidney I'm willing to bet that she thought he was interested in that.

But I admire her bravery, it takes some serious lady balls to drop a 'Mrs.Crosby' jersey in front of Sidney. I'd seen worst though of course, last signing I went to we had just had a girl in a wedding dress assuring Marc-Andre that her Dad was an officiate and the marriage would be legal.

"So do you think I could have your number?"
The fuckkk. My head snaps up and I feel my eyes narrow at the tall brunette in front of him.

Sidney reaches over and squeezes my knee under the table giving me a quick wink.
"I'm sorry, I have a girlfriend" he apologizes unnecessarily; the girl blinks and continues to stare at his as if that notion was unbelievable.

Wait... girlfriend?
"You have a what now?" I ask signing a jersey that was dropped in front of me by some teen-aged boy, his girlfriend also now staring at Sidney in shock.
"Girlfriend, you know someone I care for, enjoy spending time with, kiss goodnight".
"Sounds like a real catch" I joke feeling his hand find my knee once more. I could feel the heat in my face and struggle to keep my expression neutral.

"YOU HAVE A GIRLFRIEND? OH MY GOSH! PLEASE TELL ME IT'S KELLER!"
Girlfriend of Jersey-Boy bursts out, he tugs at her arm and grabs the jersey I signed off the table thrusting it into her arms. I see Sidney nod and smile at her out of the corner of my eye. Great. Just great.

"I'm sorry sh-" he starts but is cut off when she slaps a hand over his mouth, "This is amazing I told everyone that you guys would end up together!"

I stare at the girl in shock as she continues to babble, loudly. Girls behind them in the line now all-whispering amongst themselves.
"NOOO" a mournful moan.
"I knew it!" a fist pumped into the air.
"Ugh, she's not even pretty" a jealous snarl.
"NO! NO! NO! IT'S NOT TRUE!" denial.

"Her?" the girl in front of Sidney asks after a moment, her tone sharp, drawing the attention of everyone in the room, she looks down at me almost angrily. With a snort she grabs the jersey Sidney had just signed for her, tossing it at my face. "Best of luck" she scoffs with a bitter laugh turning on her heel.

Well.. that was interesting?
And girlfriend? I think we're going to have to have a discussion about that...

____________________________________________________________________________

"They're dating? Oh well that…That actually explains a lot. I was confused for a minute, thought that was just gossip again... Either way, their relationship isn't my business or anyone else's. If I didn't know until now I guess it goes to show how mature they're being about it. They go good together, that's all I will say". Pascal Dupuis comments on the relationship between Crosby and Keller.

"You know if you distract me, I get yelled at" Marc points out from his spot in net. I lean away from him as he attempts to poke me with his stick.
"You get yelled at all on your own, you twiddle around like a ballerina out here half the time" I laugh, flopping down to my knees and attempting to spring back up. I stumble slightly, holy shit that's hard. Flower's got some sweet ass skills.

"Screw off Keller"
"Awh you don't mean that McFleury!" I pout skating backwards into him only to have my body pushed forward out of the net. They had put a microphone on me today, I hated when they did that so I made everyone else suffer with me. There was no way they'd be mumbling things into my microphone, no not this time.

"You're forward, go be a forward"
"How about I play defense and hang out with you from now on? Come one it will be fun we'll beat up the other defense-men together. You push and I'll trip we'll work out signals and everything" I grin making him smile briefly before I'm forced to avoid his stick once again.

"Don't worry I'll go ask Kris for some pointers" I assure him smirking up at the camera as it followed me on the ice. How I hated that stupid camera, I'm pretty sure this was my punishment for shooting at it last time they were doing this. They were so annoying, and I was always told to be on my best behavior.

"TANGER!" I exclaim skating up beside the defense-man, he smiles when I stop quickly spraying snow towards him.
"Oui?"
"Can I braid your hair?" I question, very excited at the prospect. I asked him at least once a month. He's let me one, but when I had just started Max walked back into the change room and he shoved me away pretending it was against his will. "It will be fun, I promis-" I was cut off when a bunch of screams pierce through the air.

How I hated open practices. Why they did microphone and an open practice in one day I will never know. I look over seeing Sidney skate onto the ice adjusting his helmet. I feel my eyes travel up and down his body a few times before I'm nudged by Kris who gives me a knowing look.

"What?" I ask innocently, Kris scoffs "Que? You're worst then Max".
"I resent that!" I laugh feeling my eyes drift over to Sidney once again. Oh man this was going to screw up my focus. I hear some more screams as Sidney skates by a group of girls giving a friendly wave, they increase their volume slightly in reaction. I smirk seeing him blush slightly as he turns skating in the other direction continuing his warm up.

"So you guys are really going to try this eh?"
"Yeah" I nod feeling a smile tug on my lips, "Yeah we are."

____________________________________________________________________________
A/N: This is just a bit of a filler, I felt bad for not updating the last few days. Hopefully you enjoy it though, review and tell me what you think. Reviews motivate me :)