Status: Abandon

Got A Secret?

Birthday

"Actually it's Keller's birthday day today, the big 2-3. She doesn't know we know though and we probably wouldn't have if Sid hadn't reminded us yesterday. We have some stuff planned and it should be pretty good. I mean it took quite a bit of convincing to get it done since it's not our home arena, but I think the general love for Keller convinced the management. I know Sid got her a gift but a few of us decided to share a gift and got her a Harry Potter scarf and some Penguins shot glasses for the flight back. I think Geno got her one of his jerseys as a joke. They have some weird flirty joke going on that no one understands, so I guess that would only make sense to them. It should be a good night though our surprise for her is pretty excellent, I did put it together myself, hopefully we win our game too, but Keller’s birthday is also a focus tonight". Jordan Staal tells us in pre-game interviews before the Penguins take on the Blackhawks.

I smile at myself in the mirror. It was my birthday and I was feeling great. I had grown used to being in my 20's, though I will admit to spending most of my 20th birthday in tears complaining about being old. We were leaving for the arena soon, and I was going to admit to being slightly over dressed. I had on a strapless flower print dress and some ridiculously expensive Christian Louboutin sling-backs that I had splurged on this afternoon when I had went shopping alone.

Yes, alone. I had spent my birthday sleeping on a plane and istening to an audio book on my iPod while being transported to a hotel. Where when we arrived I dropped off my bags and grabbed my credit card sneaking away from the guys. Well okay I didn’t really sneak everyone was doing something else and had taken off or went into hiding. I didn't want to make a big deal out of my birthday though and as long as I managed to get through today I'd be able to tell them my birthday had passed. No fuss, nothing. I could deal with Sidney’s disappointment later when he realized he had missed it, I knew he knew when it was but I’m pretty sure he had forgotten.

I was feeling super though, all frustrations I had managed to push out of my mind for today. I had put on some light makeup, a nude lipstick and painted my nails with a nice neutral color. I smirk at the lightening bolt necklace; I'd been excited when I found it instantly thinking of Harry Potter.

"Max put some fucking clothes on" I hear a voice mumble through the wall. I laugh out loud, grabbing my coat and sunglasses. Today was going to be a good day I could feel it. With a quick glance around the room I head out the door shutting it behind me. I smile to myself as I walk down the hall hearing various voices yelling at their roommates to hurry up and get ready to go to the rink. I was going to be the first on the bus and that was all at mattered.

I step out of the elevator and make my way quickly through the lobby walking out the doors to the awaiting bus. There were a few fans milling around outside but they usually looked for the guys and I could slip by without them being noticed. Usually.

"Wait!"
I hold back a cuss but turn on my heels no less to face the two girls plastering on a big smile.
"What can I do for you girls?" I question politely eyeing the bus door which had just opened for me, I could make this quick if I wanted.

"We just wanted to say Happy Birthday, and to give you this," the first girl, who looked around 16 says handing me a gift bag. I blink in surprise shocked; they got me a gift? I had totally forgotten my birthday was on the web. Damn, who else knew?

"Oh thanks girls, you're so sweet". I thank them peeking into the bag to see a stuffed penguin wearing my jersey. I look up and give them both a big smile before closing the bag once more and looking back towards the hotel.

"The guys should be out in a few minutes, if you tell Max he's your favorite, Jordan will come over to investigate and check you for head injuries. Make sure to yell loud." I warn turning back around to step onto the bus the gift bag in my hands. I hear them giggle behind me and begin to whisper probably plotting how to gain the boys attention. It was always nice to help them sometimes, and when they wore the jersey of their favorite player it was always easy to help. Now I had to stash this present somewhere and hope the guys didn't Google me recently.
_________________________________________________________________________

"Ow ow!"
"Oh Keller, tu es très beau mon amie, très très belle." Max calls from behind me, I could practically hear the eyebrow waggle in his voice. I roll my eyes and ignore the cat calling behind me as I follow Kris into the locker room. I enjoyed dressing up but when they acted like this it always made it seem like I usually wore sweat pants and looked like a slob half the time.

"Nice socks Sidders" I call shooting him a wink as I strut in behind our team mate to see my boyfriend sitting with his sock pulled up to his knees reaching for some of his equipment. I see his eyes widen a bit at my attire having not seen me since this afternoon. When we had arrived in Chicago we had parted ways, he took off to do something or other and I had gone to do my thing. He had gone to the arena earlier with a few others like Marc and Jordan.

"I see you did some shopping today, special occasion?" he questions, an eyebrow arched. I shrug innocently, "You know I like shopping". It wasn't odd for me to go shopping so it's not like I was lying, or anything...

"What did you get?" Jordan asks walking up beside me, Sidney laughs and gestures to my body as a whole.

"These fabulous shoes, I won't even tell you how much they cost you'd faint. This dress, the coat, necklace, sunglasses. Come on Jordan you should know my wardrobe by now".

"Sid's the one who see's it on the floor not me, how shoul I- OW- Fuck off I was joking!' he yelps jump away as I make to step on his foot once more. I give him a hard look and shove him towards his stall, pressing myself up against Sidney who looked like he was having trouble swallowing.

"Have a good game eh, score one for me?"
"Only if you score one for me" he replies pulling me close and giving me a sweet kiss.

"Ugh, is that all you two ever do?" Jordan's voice whines making a few of the guys groan in agreement. I roll my eyes and pull Sid down for another kiss, making dramatic smooching noises. Take that boys.

"Keller, I don't think she realizes the effect she has on guys sometimes. Some of the younger guys on other teams kind of stare at her when we play against them. It's not until she hits them or something do they realize that's she's the real deal, and not just there to look pretty". Pascal Dupuis states during the intermission commenting on a rather brutal hit Patrick Kane took from Rachel Keller.

"The Pittsburgh Penguins would like everyone to help them wish Rachel Keller a Happy 23rd Birthday" the announcers voice says drawing my attention away from Coach who was going over a few plays during the commercial break.

"The fuck…" I mutter hearing a loud bunch of cheers. I look up at the screens seeing a camera had been aimed at my confused face. I scowl briefly looking over to Sidney who gives a small shrug before an odd Rock version of 'Happy Birthday' blasts out of the sound system. I look back up seeing images fly across the screen. The images appear in different blocks, showing my relationship with different members of the team.

First there was Jordan and I sleeping on the plane, my head between two seats, having fallen asleep while talking. A few more of us in similar positions, before Jordan had finally moved to sit beside me. Then come the pictures of me with my head on a pillow, which was rested against the bus window, mouth wide open mid snore and my legs draped across Jordan's lap. Then finally a recent one of Jordan with his arm slung around my shoulder and my head snuggled under his arm.

Next, A fuzzy cell phone picture of Pascal standing in the middle of a hallway each hand pointing in a different direction as Jordan's head hung down in defeat and I was mid stomp. The next picture of Jordan and I was probably one of my favorites, it had been taken after training over the summer we were both red in the face and I was perched happily on his shoulder flexing my muscles my jersey number written on both. We had just won a two on two game and were ecstatic. The picture starts moving, a video of Jordan speaking begins to play.

"Keller is one of my best friends, we bonded on day one and have a lot in common especially being the same age. Happy Birthday Keller, play hard tonight!"

I feel a hand on my shoulder and look up at Jordan and give him a smile, snaking my arm around him as he drapes his arm around my shoulder. Those sneaky assholes, I let go of Jordan after a moment and turn my attention back up to the screen.

The next group of images wa dedicated to Max and I. Max dancing in front of me in just a towel, my head thrown back in laughter. A few pictures of us that had been on the Internet shopping together in various cities. Max drawing on my face while I slept on the bus, the next image of Max and I wrestling a scowl on my face as well as a drawn on French mustache. The images continue to fly onto the screen the cheers growing with each set.

Photo's of Evgeni and I sitting in the stands in workout clothes, our feet resting on the seats in front of us, foreheads dripping with sweat, him with an Russian-English dictionary and me with an English-Russian dictionary both of us with the books held up at chest level, I was captured mid-sentence, probably instructing him. Next, Evgeni walking towards the locker room with me thrown over his shoulder, my iPod in my ears as I looked to be singing. This was followed by a picture of the two of us wearing t-shirts with each other’s face on them, ‘best-friend’ written under the picture. The next picture was a personal favorites, him and I cooking dinner at his house, some of the guys were sitting around the table and he was wearing an apron I had bought and forced him into.

There were some pictures of me with some of the wives and girlfriends, me with Vero and Marc moving some furniture at his house clearing the room for the Christmas party. There were shots of me during games, the faces I made on the bench or ones of me talking to Coach. Celebrating after a goal, working out, me sleeping in odd places like the locker room floor, wrapped up in Penguins gear that I had taken from a mixture of the guys. Finally it got to the final frame and pictures of Sidney and I went by quickly. Probably a smart move on who ever made the video’s part because then fans couldn't snap pictures of it on their cameras.

Sidney and I walking together hand in hand into practice, us joking around on the ice both smiling, some shots of us getting ready for games. A shot of us in the kitchen, taping our sticks, and him tying my skates. The pictures continued, one of him with his arms around my waist in an elevator while I looked up at him, our eyes locked. The pictures end and another video starts.

"This is Jordan Staal of the Pittsburgh Penguins and tonight we are celebrating the birth of Rachel Keller, star forward of the Pittsburgh Penguins. Now tonight you are in for a very special treat…"

I turn around and face the bench not noticing that I had drifted forward as I had been watching, my team was all standing there smiles on their face. Well most of them were smiling Jordan was looking pretty smug with his video montage skills. A flash of red catches my eye as Evgeni raises a big bouquet of roses from behind the bench a big grin on his face.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELLER!" the video's audio yells, the boys in front of me echoing the sediment. I whip my eyes on my jersey and skate over throwing myself at Jordan and Sidney who both caught me as the others start to move in for a group hug.

I loved my team.
Best birthday ever.
_________________________________________________________________________

"Back off Hjalmarsson!" I growl at the Blackhawks defence-men. I don't know if he could speak English or if I was even saying his name right but he was too close behind me and had been tailing me all night.

I was giddy and we were winning, I just wanted to get onto the plane and try out those shot glasses Max said he got for me. I honestly hadn't expected what the guys did and was bursting with love for each and every one of them. I chase the puck into the corner wanting to get it out of our zone and away from Marc as soon as possible.

That's when I felt it, a stick forced against my back as my body was slammed into the boards frontwards. I feel the familiar burn in my ribs as my head snaps back, that warm ache creeping up my neck. I wince in pain trying to steady myself with one hand holding onto the boards for support when I hear a yell, "Keller!".

Another body fly's into mine full force knocking me backwards, I feel my stick fly out of my hands and I didn't even know where the puck was now, though I had a feeling I probably wouldn't be seeing one for awhile.

I lay still opening my eyes seeing bodies hovering above me, the voices blending together and the bodies meshing and swirling. After that I see black.
♠ ♠ ♠
So on my profile I went a little Polyvore crazy, under the R.Keller sections under Updates, so to see her general style for different occasions click away. Her birthday outfit is up as well. Enjoy and review! Love you all!