Status: Abandon

Got A Secret?

Home

"Reports indicate that Keller has been traveling, after attending a few games played by her old team-mates the remake hockey star seems to be racking up quite a few Air Miles. Curiously enough though her former teammates can't tell us much about her visit because she does not spend her time with them!

"Keller comes and goes, she comes to the games now and then its a lot of travel for her. She might stay with Sidney but he doesn't give much up about it, we've only seen her briefly but I think she's avoiding us for the moment, we're all a little shocked still." Jordan Staal comments, "I leave her messages on her phone every few days and threaten her enough so she'll come."


"Okay you little arse face, you will got onto that plane and you will smile. You will go and support your new team and you will go see you old friends and plaster a smile onto your face and make it look like you actually like to play hockey. Got it?"

I stare at Amanda wide-eyed choosing to believe her question was rhetorical at this point I didn't want to cross her since she had literally dragged me to the airport, even packed my bags for me. I almost considered asking her if she had called a hotel for me but I was afraid to ask and it was a problem I could easily solve alone.
I hadn't really planned on going I was playing the avoidance game, I had slowly began to return calls getting an earful from Max when I had grown some balls back. He was still pissed at me but had liked the fact he could tell me off and whine into my ear for once rather then my voicemail.

With a punch to her arm I dash away as she make her own way to her plane giving me a one fingered salute. I constantly question why I was friends with her.

I didn't really want to go to this game, it was the last game between my former team and my new one, the winner of this would play Vancouver for the next round. The stakes were high and I already felt like I was being torn between the loyalty I had for Pittsburgh and the amour of support I knew I was supposed to show Washington.

No one knew I was coming and I almost wanted to keep it that way, the flight to Pittsburgh being as long as it was I could easily call Mario on the plane and tell him I was coming. Even though it really wasn't my home any longer I felt like I was going home.
__________________________________________________________


I pace for awhile hearing the sound of feet as people made their way to their seats I knew it would be easier just to fling open the door and walk in but I almost felt like I needed permission before entering the Locker Room now.

Grabbing my phone I dialled the first number that had come to mind, even though I knew he was still mad that I hadn't returned any of his calls… I kind of wanted to know if he really was going to tell his Mom to come get me so what?

"Big game tonight I hear Staal"
I hear some grumbling on the other side along with the regular noise of the locker room.

"Kell? You call me now?" he groans, "I don't have time to talk now, or yell at you, or complain, or call my Mom. Come on Rache I know you're doing this just to torture me now."

"I'm sorry Jordan" I sigh pushing the door open and slipping through into the hallway. I hear a sigh on his end as well, "You could try actually coming down to see us you know. Sidney isn't the only one who misses you."

"I could do that, next time I promise. Listen Jordan tell everyone good luck, I'll see you soon yeah?" I ask waiting for him to agree. Happily I shove my phone back into my pocket before kicking open the door to the locker room with a loud bang. Walking around the corner I stop in the middle of the room only to be knocked flat onto my back.

Wincing I try to take a deep breath and get the air back into my lungs as the heavily body doesn't remove itself from onto of me.

"SPY!"
"Spy? Really?" I wheeze pushing Max off of me. Looking up I see everyone in the room looking down at us. I gulp feeling the heat start to burn my cheeks as the disappointment and anger became thicker in the air. I could see Max glancing over at me with some hurt in his eyes. Jordan looked happier then I thought but his gaze would slip from me to Sidney where his eyes flashed with anger.

Evgeni's gaze hurt the most though, he looked down sadly before moving across the room to sit with Marc who was offering me a small smile. I knew I would have a lot of work to do after the game.

"Ah Keller what are you doing here? Never mind that, come on guys lets get out there." Dan claps loudly making everyone jump and start to move towards the door. Max offers me a hand up before patting my shoulder and moving towards the door.

I rub my face roughly frustrated, I knew they were still pissed but I had almost hoped they would instantly forgive me.
"Hey" Sidney says quietly setting a gloved hand onto my shoulder, I offer him a small smile and reach up meeting him for a quick kiss. "Good luck, babe,"
"Don't need it, going to kick some Crap-ital ass tonight!"
"Yes you will, don't tell anyone I said that though." I wink giving him a small shove towards the door hitting his butt pads as hard as I could.

"Love you" he calls back grabbing his stick from the wall. I smile at his back but slowly feel it drop feeling the last body behind me.
"Gen-"
"You be here after game?"
"Of cou-"
"You leave, I follow," he interrupts again staring down at me almost angrily. Nodding I step aside allowing him to pass but he doesn't move instead taking off his glove and holding his fist out.

"Shake for luck?"
Laughing I begging the complicated secret handshake we had deemed lucky all those months ago, his gaze doesn't waver nor does he smile but he seems to relax slightly. With a final hand slap he nods and rushes past not looking back.

Maybe it wouldn't be that bad?