Status: Abandon

Got A Secret?

Sorry and Bruce

I take a deep breath stepping into the dressing room knowing I wasn't going to like the scene I found in there. They had lost, it was a simple fact and after all this time, even though it wasn't my team any longer I felt the stab of defeat just like I always seemed to.

"Enemy!" Jordan's voice shouts across the room. I roll my eyes but smile at my friend crossing the room to give him a hug. I knew i wouldn't have long now it was only a matter of time before my phone rang and that smug ass Russian was on the other end suggesting I come back to Washington with them. The thing was, I had moor or less planned to, only on a happier note.

"Great game, guys. Really" I tell them sincerely. They had played a great game, everyone had just seemed so out of it tonight that they made some stupid mistakes and in the playoffs, you can't make stupid mistakes.

"We suck, is okay. Get next time." Geno decided with finality, he looked like he was trying to keep a smile on his face but I didn't know if it was for my benefit of Sidney's. Knowing that I had limited time in this room before it was swarmed with reporters and the like I give my Russian friend a tight squeeze before walking over to my saddened boyfriend taking his hand in mine.

"Okay guys, I won't have much time so I'm just going to say this to all of you now." I take a deep breath, and feel Sidney squeeze my hand gently letting me know he was there.

"I'm sorry, I left without saying anything and that was a shitty thing to do. I should have told you all and it was gutless to send an email and I do deserve every angry voicemail I got." I smile slightly over at Jordan and Max who were looking pretty proud of themselves.

"I know some of you understand more then others why I left, but I want to make it clear that I did leave for myself as well. I can grow more as a player, maybe open the doors for more women. I will miss you guys so much, but I promise that I will keep in touch I won't be far. I just wanted you to all know that I'm sorry and you can stop egging Sidney's car now." I add the last part sternly looking over at Marc and Max who were now pointing at Jordan.

I already missed this so much.
------------------------


I feel my chest heaving as I throw my stick down on the ice, plopping down onto the cool surface and laying flat on my back. It was weird to practice somewhere that had once seemed so unwelcoming, maybe it was just the die hard Caps fans.

"Sit up! You play like a fucking girl!"
"I am a girl!" I yell back at Bruce who had been barking at me for the last hour from the bench. It wasn't a team practice I had just opted to come to Washington and do some house hunting, since the owner of this team didn't house it's players. I had been itching to get onto the ice and here I was, about an hour ago Bruce had come and sat on the bench since he had been in his office and had been making comments left right and center, I missed Dan!

"You better get in that workout room this week, Keller. I won't have you taking naps on the bench because you broke a nail."

I stare at him for a moment and consider retorting to the sexist jumble coming out of his mouth but the only thing I could focus on was the fact he hadn't said the f-word.

"Of course those fucking Penguins were easy on you"
Ahh there it was.

"You'll fit in here, Keller. If you work hard that is, lets see you take some fucking shots before those pansy's get out here and demand my attention."

I smile slightly and stand up on my skates once more, I think I may like it hereā€¦
♠ ♠ ♠
This was just a short little update on the night of our Captains return so you all know I'm alive. *ducks head in shame* I'm sorry I've been stuck with this story, I may need help eek. And I've had a lot of work and just have been so so busy. Show you still love me?