Status: Abandon

Got A Secret?

Capitals

"Rachel Keller has been seen practising with the Caps regularly for three weeks now, will the former Pittsburgh Penguin join her new team in a game soon or will she stick it out until next season? We'll have to see how strongly the ice calls to her, but if we know anything about the fierce young woman we know that she's like her boyfriend {Sidney Crosby} and will be out there sooner rather then later".

"I'm not playing in the game," I refuse crossing my arms over my chest. I look up at Ovechkin and Mike Green who were both staring me down from their position in front of me. It wasn't going to happen, I didn't plan on playing until next season even if I was training pretty regularly again.

"You stay at my house. You play." Ovechkin says simply like that answered everything. Really it was that simple? Since I had been more or less dragged to his house I didn't see it as something that he could hold over my head.

"You know I'm only staying because you have a cute dog! I can easily go back to the hotel, I don't mind… I'm bringing your dog with me though." I tell him with a smirk. He rolls his eyes, he did have a cute dog, a cute Russian speaking dog, I'd have no chance keeping the large German Shepard under control.

"Come on, Keller." Urges Green, "Its past regular playoffs and Pittsburgh isn't even in the running anymore," he reminds me. I flinch slightly feeling the sting for my former team who had been knocked out of the running last night, they had lost to Carolina and I had spent the night yelling at the TV from Ovechkin's couch wishing horrible things to happen to the eldest Staal brother. They had one those, by one. I knew Marc was probably beating himself up for letting in the last goal too. I had remembered to call him this morning and showed him with compliments, he hadn't been very friendly and hung up as it was early when I called but I expected he's appreciate it when he was more conscious.

"We could make it all the way you know, we only have a few games separating us from Cup now. I know you want to be a part of that. Bruce is just going to come in here and order you to play either way. Would you rather be persuaded into doing it or have no choice in the matter?" The defensemen asks me. I uncross my arms and sigh leaning back into my locker. He was right. I guess.

It still didn't even seem fair.
Then, as id he had heard our conversation. Which I suspect he probably had, Bruce walks in from his office with a large gear box in his hands, shoving it into my arms.

"You're starting tomorrow night Keller. Get your head out of your ass and play. Your little post dating stunt only kept you out of the regular season, well that's over. Now, you're going to put on that fucking jersey and play tomorrow night. Don't be such a fucking girl about it."

I stare wide eyed at my new coach ignoring the chuckles from around me as I set the box down on the floor. It only takes a moment for me to snap out of it and yell at his back, "I told you, I am a fucking girl!".

Sighing I play around with my phone answering a few text messages from my family before looking over at Ovechkin who was talking with Alexander Semin.

"What is this little Russia? I feel like there is a large amount of Russian sounding people in this dressing room." I question, knowing that it was a mixture between Russia, Sweden and the Czech Republic. Either way I was only used to hearing Evgeni's mutterings.

Cody Eakin laughs, "I don't know I'm pretty sure the Canadian's outweigh the Euopeans." I ponder this for a moment and think, there was 14 Canadian not including me, that was a bit of a take over I suppose.

"Shut up, Ginger" I tell him with narrowed eyes, over the last few weeks we had a running joke about how I didn't come near him because he had no soul. Well, he was the most ginger, he was SO ginger. I couldn't help it.

"Don't take anything she says seriously, Eakin. She's just pissed cause she hasn't seen her boyfriend in a few weeks." Karl Alzner says trying to grab my box of goodies from coach. I kick at his hand, "Stay away from my swag, Karl! And I saw Sidney last night, so your argument is invalid." I snort thinking about the Skype chat we had, he hadn't been in the best mood understandably and it had been short but nice no less.

"We'll see how long that lasts" John Carlson laughs prompting the other left in the dressing room to laugh as well.

"What do you mean" I question feeling my anger flare slightly.
Karl laughs and pats my knee, "You can't date a Penguin, Keller. It won't work."

I shake my head. Yes it would.
Right?

------------------------


I straighten my skirt and ruby red silk top, feeling my earring dangling against my neck. I slip my feet into my heels and then grab a Washington Capitals windbreaker and slip it on. I knew the cameras would be on me tonight when I walked into the arena so I felt the jacket was necessary. It was that or the hat after all. I ponder the two choices once more for a moment before throwing off the jacket and shoving the hat onto my head. At least it would shield my face.

"Look good. Come, we go now." Ovechkin says from the door making me jump. I take a deep breath and grab my bag looking up at my team mate.

"I no suggest you come if I think you play bad. You play fine tonight you see. We celebrate with team after we win." He assures me before gesturing towards the hallway for me to follow. I grab my bag thinking back to the text messages on my phone wishing me luck. There was one that stood out from all the rest though.

There's no question in the fact you will do great tonight. You're a shining star, show them that. I love you. -Sidney

"Rachel Keller to take the ice tonight making her playing debut with the Washington Capitals. Let's see if her and Ovechkin can replicate that chemistry from the All Star game."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'mmm backk. Well kinda! Another update for you all!