Status: Abandon

Got A Secret?

Deep Breathing

For the second time in less then a year I felt my heart pounding in my chest and wondered what the hell I was doing playing in the NHL. It was my first game as a Penguin all over again. My eyes widen as we walk down the hall way towards the ice, the guys behind me joking around and laughing with each other while I only moved the necessary amount to propel my feet towards our destination.

There was no Letang here, no Jordan to give me a pep talk, no Evgeni to do our secret handshake with, no Sidney to assure me. I felt alone but at the same time I felt…independent? I did love my boys, I really did they had become my best friends but I had managed to make it into this league, why should I be so nervous every time I step onto that ice. I had earned my right to play with these men.

Feeling slightly cocky I charge forward with new energy only to hear the cheering of the crowd and feel my confidence drop down about five levels and burry it's self head first into the sand. What if they hated me?

Ovechkin stops just before the entrance making me plow into his back making us both teeter off balance on our skates. I give him a weak smile and straighten myself out waiting for us to be called.

I take some deep breaths, thinking that I really needed a mantra. Shit, fuck, balls didn't really count as inspirational it was more like a call for help.

"Alright, let's go!" someone shouts from the back, Ovechkin begins to rush forwards and I follow as the announcer yells his name, spot lights beaming and screams sounding throughout the whole Verizon Centre.

"And hitting the ice for the first time, starting forward in tonights game, number sixty-seven, Rachel Keller!" I blink back tears as the bright spotlight causes my eyes to water, with new found energy I charge onto the ice hearing the cheers escalate with each passing moment. This was the first game of many, but it was nice to hear a positive response from the crowd.

I skate around once before picking up a puck and shooting it straight into the net letting a small smile play on my lips. Looking up into crowd a few signs catche my eye.

Hey Crosby, You forgot your girlfriend!

Washington Capitals, because even Crosby couldn't keep Keller satisfied!

Ovechkin and Keller, the dream team. Caps for the cup!


Seeing those I feel a smile tug on my lips as I stake towards the bench leaning against the boards. I had definitely made the right choice.
------------------------


Rachel Keller shocking us all tonight during the Washington versus Chicago game, she took to the ice like fire, flaming through players and taking down everyone in her path. We haven't seen the former Penguin play like this in a long time and judging by her celebration after her first goal with her new team, she is adjusting to her new team well. Hug were given as Keller jumped into the arms of the Washington Captain giving the Russian a mockingly large kiss on his cheek. We're happy to see the two getting along so well, well as much as Keller and Ovechkin can get along. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before there's a repeat of the all star game and the two are swearing at each other. Us here at Sports Centre believe this change is a good one and we look forward to seeing what Keller is going to do with her new found fire.

"So what I need you to do right now is get down real low and start tapping that ground! Keep hitting' it! Keep hitting it'!" I yell jumping up and down on the bench to my stall, the music blasting through the dressing room.

"Now work your way up! Fight that beat! Now! Pump! Yo! Fists! WOO!" I laugh fist pumping to the beat feeling the energy course through the room. We had won, and I had managed to score a goal, and got an assist on the one that Ovechkin had put in the net. I enjoyed their way of celebrating, Pascal had drawn the line at Jersey Shore music, even though I assured him many times that being a guido was a way of life. He usually just reminded me I wasn't Italian.

"Did you see that hit I landed on Kane, he was all like 'Ahhhh'" I mock pulling off my equipment while mocking the Chicago player. I loved shocking Kane, its like he always forgot that I would actually hit back, it was awesome.

"Wow! You can't just-"
"What are you doing, get some clothes on!" Mike Green says shielding his eyes as him and Karl both avoid looking anywhere but at me. I stare down at my sports bra and the tight underarmor pants I was wearing with a shrug. Really?

"Does my nakedness bother you two" I tease, jumping down from the bench and shoving my feet into some pink Crocs that Sidney had given me as a present a few weeks ago.

"No, take more off!" Ovechkin yells from across the room making me glare as I reach for a Washington t-shit with my name and number on the back. Putting my hat on my head I sit back down on the bench and cross my arms in annoyance.

"Fine, I'll just sit here, all sweaty and nasty while you guys all get spiffy. Hope you don't mind my stench befouling your car Ovie since these jackasses are afraid of girls skin!"

"We have to get her, her own shower"
"I say we just let her strip"
"God, how did Crosby put up with her, so high maintenance."
"Take it off!"
♠ ♠ ♠
So I wrote two chapters during my break today, here is the first one! :)
Enjoy and Review!