Status: Abandon

Got A Secret?

Visit

"Hey, I have a question to ask you, don't feel like you have to say yes though." Sidney's voice says through the phone. I jump onto the couch, patting both Ovechkin and his dogs head ignoring the care I got from the human who was lounging and watching television.

"So, since we're done and all, I was thinking about coming down to see you? Just for a few days, I could see your game that's coming up and then I would leave the day after or so before you guys would have to hit the road if you won."

I bite my lip slightly, Sidney assumed that I was still in a hotel like I had initially been when I first left with the team from Pittsburgh a few weeks ago. Now in my defence I had tried to tell him many times that I was staying with Ovechkin but it had just never really come up again because I didn't see it as that big of a deal… It wasn't a big deal… right?

"Yeah, sure that sounds good. I can't wait to see you." I tell him honestly, I watch Ovechkin's ears perk up as he look over at me his eyebrow raised.

"I don't think I'll mention where I'm going to the guys though, Jordan is already planning a road trip if you guys makes the Finals. I think having you still playing is making our loss easier, it's like we're still kind of playing in a way."

I laugh thinking about my giant friend, of course Jordan was planning a road trip, there was no way that him and Max would let something like a road trip go unplanned.

"Yeah, don't let them know. I don't really have a lot of room for them…" I trail off, hearing his laugh on the other end. "You're in a hotel Rache, they have other rooms you know if worst came to worst."

Ovechkin was now moving closer on the couch trying to press his ear to the other side of the phone noticing the way I was biting my lip and twisting my hair in nervousness.
"About that… Good news! I'm not in the hotel anymore!" I tell him trying to sound enthusiastic, but knowing I was going to get some sort of blow out on the other end no matter how I played this.

"Really? You found a place then?"
"Well," I clear my throat, pushing Oveckin away roughly glaring at him, "Actually, I'm still looking but a team mate offered me a place to stay until I found somewhere, so I've been staying with him for a week or two now. Sorry I didn't mention it…"

Oddly enough Sidney sounded cheerful, "Oh well that was nice of him, we can go looking for houses while I'm there if you want. I remember how boring it was from when I looked for my place."

"Yeah, okay…" I say slowly, waiting for the questions but none came.
"Is it okay if I stay with you then, should you ask? I can easily get a hotel, don't want to annoy the poor guy." Sidney continues, prompting me to tell him to hold on as I cover the phone's microphone and look up at a smug looking Ovechkin who was scratching his dogs ear looking much like Dr. Evil from Austin Powers. He knew what I was going to ask and he was enjoying eve moment of this.

"Ove-Alexander," I start kindly, "PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! He'll only be here for a two nights or so. You won't even know we're here. We'll stay in my room! We'll go out! I'll do your laundry!" I say it all in a rush offering all I could in one go as he smirked at me, his missing teeth making the whole scene look ridiculous.

"Come to Russia in summer, then he stay as long as he want"
I glare, I had already told him many times that I didn't think that me going to Russia was a good idea. I didn't even want to know how that conversation with Sidney would go. Hey, I'm just going to take off to Russia for a few weeks to train with Alexander Ovechkin, see you in a few weeks babe. Then again, I was living with the guy, who knew how this was going to end.

"How about, I think about it" I offer, "I'll seriously think about it, and cook dinner tonight?"
He ponders this for a moment before nodding, making me squeal girlishly.

"Sid? He says it's cool"
"Great!" he says on the other end, I could practically see his smile through the phone and I hold back a grin of my own. "I'll tell you when I have the flight details, I'll talk to you later? Tell.." he pauses.

I take a deep breath, "Alexander?"
Sidney groans on the other end, "Tell Ovechkin, I say thank you… I guess…Rachel" he almost whines.

"I know! I'm sorry!" I apologize but try to hold back a laugh. At least he wasn't angry?
"I'll just go book my flight," he sighs, "Your not joking? Please tell me you're joking?"

I outright laugh this time, "Afraid not."
"Okay, okay." Sidney takes a deep breath, "I'll call you back later then. I love you."
I smile into the phone, "Love you too, Sid".

After hanging up I toss my phone onto the table and look over at my team mate who was looking at me expectantly.

"What?" I ask him in a clipped tone, he looks over towards the kitchen then back at me.
"Cook food woman, why you think I have you stay?"

But of course.
------------------------

"What do you mean Sid is there! I'm standing in front of his house looking at his front door and you're telling me he's not in there?" Jordan asks clearly frustrated. I snort into the phone leaning against a post with one of my old Pittsburgh hats pulled down over my eyes. National Airport didn't have international flights coming in, it meant that I was getting a lot of hard looks from Washington natives as they came home from their interstate travels. Not that they could tell who I was.

"Nope, I'm looking at the flight arrivals and his flight just got in, so unless you plan on sticking around his front door for a few days I don't think you're going to be seeing him anytime soon."

"That dirty rat! He said he'd tell us if he was going to visit you!"
I laugh into the phone, "You really want to watch us makeup for a few days? Ovechkin's going to get enough of that."

Jordan groans into the phone, "And you're staying with Ovechkin! I can't believe I'm missing this! Can I come? Please? I promise you won't even know that I'm there, oh please, I could be there in like 4 hours. I will drive! I'm getting into the car! I'm doing it! Where do you live?" Jordan questions rapidly as I hear his feet crunching on the gravel on Sidney's driveway, he sounded like he was moving fast. He was serious?

"Jordan, you can't come. Be serious now, you told me just last night that you were going to see your parents this weekend, remember that? Marc and Jared being home, all the plans you made with your brothers?"

"Fuck them," Jordan swears, "I'm going home, getting a bag and then driving to Washington, I will drive around the streets until I find you if I have to."

"No you won't," I snort. He was being dramatic, but I knew as soon as he got home and was faced with the chore of packing he'd give up.

"Fine, you're right. I'm calling Max though and we're going to re-think that road trip we were planning you ungrateful little bit-"
"I'll talk to you later, Jordan. I see his head!" I say quickly hanging up the call and shoving my phone into my pocket.

He didn't exactly tower over everyone but there was a definite height difference and our eyes locking was all it took for me to rush forward and jump onto him, locking my lips onto his as soon as our bodies connected.

I wrap my legs around his waist not caring that we were in the middle of the air port, it felt like forever since we had gotten to have a moment like this and I was going to enjoy every second of it. I feel his warm arms wrap around me tightly, pulling me into him as close as he could and I smirk against his lips knowing that he missed me too.

"Missed you" he breaths pulling away finally, both of us out of breath, our cheeks pink and eyes shining. I unwrap my legs and lower myself to the floor as he adjusts his hold on me, keeping me pressed to his side.

"Miss you too, Captain" I wink, standing up on my toes I give him another lingering kiss knowing that we were drawing a crowd now. "We should go though, I have a feeling this is going to be online soon if we're not careful." I smile, sticking my tongue out at my boyfriend as he roll his eyes and picks his bang back off the floor. I hadn't even noticed he had it until then.

"Did you drive here? I thought you car wasn't being shipped until next week?" He questions as we make our way to the front doors.

I cough into my hand before looking up at him trying to look innocent. "I borrowed Ovechkin's car?"

Sidney's shoulders slump. "Right, Ovechkin".
♠ ♠ ♠
Reivews! :)